main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Your Most Expensive Star Wars Purchase

Discussion in 'Collecting' started by LAJ_FETT , Mar 4, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DarthArsenal6

DarthArsenal6 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 16, 2001
    the orginal box sets of the SW movie Executer edition
    which now is worth 350 pounds
    At the time it was 80 pounds

I was going to purchase the lego Star Destroyer

Its about 1 metre

that would set me back 240 pounds

2. emilsson

emilsson Force Ghost star 6

Oct 5, 1998
    My most expensive purchase has got to be the LEGO AT AT.

I might be trying to get a Master Replica of Luke's ROTJ saber or the LEGO Star Destroyer. That would certainly set a new purchase record.

3. BaronFel88

BaronFel88 Jedi Knight star 7

Jan 25, 2004
    Either the Lego AT-AT or the Queen's Royal Starship (TPM).

4. sw-starwarsfreakness

sw-starwarsfreakness Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 14, 2003

I was in London England, and I finally saw an Ewok Plush. Of course it was at Forbidden Planet, so it was quite expensive. Something like 60 pounds (which is around 180 I believe for me... or at least it felt like that).

I'm so glad I picked it up though.

Yet I have a Darth Vader Standie in my room that I bought for $5 and got David Prowse to sign it for me at a convention. He didn't even ask me for money for the signature. It's great to be a blonde.

5. dyarab

dyarab Jedi Youngling

Apr 3, 2002
    $750 Master Replicas Luke Skywalker ROTJ Limited Edition Lightsaber new in the box with no dislpay case.

6. VADER9001

VADER9001 Jedi Youngling

Mar 3, 2004
    My most expenisve purchase was a full face Darth Vader Mask at 50$

7. PhantomJediUK

PhantomJediUK Jedi Youngling

Mar 12, 2002
    I have the Obi-Wan AOTC and the Anakin AOTC Master Replica Sabers at around £250 for Anakin and £300 for Obi-Wan.

I have the Interactive R2-D2 - £120, Blue Snaggletooth (should have been £125, but swapped it for a lifesize Jar Jar Right arm that I had spare), Life size Darth Maul and Jar Jar Binks £150 each, and that Chronicles book they releases a few years back £100.

I think that's all with regard to Star Wars.

Obi-The Phantom Jedi

8. sky_sniper

sky_sniper Jedi Youngling

Jun 1, 2004
    I got the Samuel L. Jackson autographed Lightsaber. Not the plaque autographed, the signed lightsaber. That one hurt the bank account, but I HAD to have it. What really sucked was it came with the standard case, so I'm going to have a custom case built for it (been procrastinating).

9. darth_youngen_15

darth_youngen_15 Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 17, 2003
    Im a pretty cheap one...

Probably my Jango Fett Slave I lego set which cost about $50

I'm no one to spend alot of money on anything really.

10. Jedi_Triba_Blakan

Jedi_Triba_Blakan Jedi Youngling

Jun 1, 2004
    A couple of years ago I bought three vintage Star Wars metal lunchboxes. One from each film; ANH, ESB, and ROTJ. I think I paid about $20 for each one. Possibly less, I'm not a big spender when it comes to collecting. They're all in beautiful shape and even have the original thermos intact.

11. Rebel_Spook

Rebel_Spook Jedi Master star 4

May 14, 2002
    You got all three for $20 each and in good condition with their Thermos intact? WOW!!! That's an incredible buy!

My most expensive SW single purchase would have to be the Collector's plates and porcelain cards I recently won from PadmeLeiaJaina for $127 (shipping included).

12. VadersApprentice

VadersApprentice Jedi Youngling star 1

May 25, 2004
    lets see 60 bux for a hgue luke riding a tauntaun

and 100 bux for lego millenium falcon.

13. rebelwookiee

rebelwookiee Jedi Master star 4

May 18, 2004
    my individual purchases are usually small...i can't think of much over $50. where i get in financial trouble is in places like the garage sale i mentioned in the "new aquisitions" thread. i didn't just buy some stuff...i bought the whole garage sale. 100 bucks for all the guy's star wars stuff. i just hope some kid doesn't come back from college and say "dad, what did you do with my star wars collection?"

14. Galahad_Skywalker

Galahad_Skywalker Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 30, 2004
    Around the start of spring this year, I ended up laying down around $200 on Star Wars CCG cards, including $130 for an almost complete expansion and a while collection of Luke Skywalkers. I use the cards in game play, but I still consider them collecting all the same, especially the two ultra-rares (Luke Jedi Knight and Emperor Palpatine) that I have duplicates of. I should sell the duplicates, but I just can't bring myself to.

15. Mr_Mundi

Mr_Mundi Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 24, 2002
    An update from my side - my most expensive Star Wars purchase is now the Master Replicas Anakin Lightsaber Signature Edition. The saber itself was $499 and with custums it adds up to a total of about $650.
    - Customs sucks -

16. starwarsarmboy

starwarsarmboy Jedi Knight star 5

Nov 9, 2002
    My most expensive SW purchase was my Scout armor , $550. In close 2nd was my Altmann's Scout bucket 525 bucks.

17. Palitoyboy

Palitoyboy Jedi Youngling

Jul 18, 2004
    Hi there,

Most expensive.......

Toywise, an Early bird certificate package for around $600. One of the very few vintage pieces I needed to finish off my vintage collection. Had been trying to pick one up of this calibre for years, it's expensive, but this one is as good as they get !

Also picked up a huffy ride on Speeder bike for around the same amount, but that was years ago so allowing for inflation would probably be the most expensive.

Other Star Wars collectible wise....

I have been known to dip into the realms of $10K plus at the odd auction......

Please don't ask me to elaborate, but suffice to say that I also deal in general movie props & ephemera..??!!

And please let me add that this is in no way a feeble attempt to brag, it's just that I run my own business so sometimes am in the hugely lucky position of having expendable income which I'd rather spend furthering my collection than on a flash car or clothes, etc.

18. TOBBI_DALA

TOBBI_DALA Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 1, 2002
    Most Expensive? $135 on a carded Tri-Logo Power of the Force Yak Face. I used to go to this comic book/toy store years ago and one day i went in there and the owner showed me the Yak Face. Told me that a friend of his went to England and bought like 3 of these. I gave him $20 and made payments like every week or so. He held it for me even though a couple of guys came down from Toronto and offered him the full amount in cash that day. :)

19. rebelwookiee

rebelwookiee Jedi Master star 4

May 18, 2004
    most of this stuff's out of my financial league. i did buy and entire garage sale once. $108 for a whole bunch of stuff.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.