main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Your One Most Favorite CT Scene?

Discussion in 'Classic Trilogy' started by Rogan_Agar, May 1, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rogan_Agar

Rogan_Agar Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 1, 2004
    Mine is during the Victory Celebration, when Luke looks at the three force-ghosts of Obi-Wan, Yoda and Anakin.

What about you?
    Post your most favorite SW scene!

2. Yodaman1522

Yodaman1522 Jedi Youngling

May 1, 2005
    I'd agree how awesome that scene was until they changed it!!! I think the most touching scene was the end Vader scene in Jedi when Anakin was telling Luke how he was right about him, and then the burning of Anakin. My favorite scene though would have to be the departure of Cloud City in the Millenium Falcon just before they get back into space. The wonderful and masterful score with the nice colors and textures of the fading cloud city is just awe inspiring.

3. DUGGY

DUGGY Jedi Youngling star 4

Apr 23, 2005
    Mine is When Luke faces Vader on Bespin. That whole duel was a character unto itself. :D

4. Buck_Skywalker

Buck_Skywalker Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 10, 2002
    The one that moves me the most is in ANH when Luke looks out at the twin sunset. The music always brings up emotion.

Perfect scene and I liked that scene being re-visited by Anakin in AoTC.

5. Genrader

Genrader Jedi Master star 3

Sep 12, 2003
    Buck, I agree with you there.

The ending scene with the Force ghosts used to be my favorite until they removed the YUB DUB song, it lost all emotion for me.

6. Katana_Geldar

Katana_Geldar Jedi Grand Master star 8

Mar 3, 2003
    My icon, no dialogue but the looks Leia and Luke give each other after what has happened are classic as well as the score, one of the best tracks next to Imp March, Across the Stars and Duel of the Fates!

7. BobaFan

BobaFan Jedi Master star 1

Sep 4, 2003
    For a niche scene, I've always been a fan of when Boba Fett says to Vader, "He's no good to me dead," on Bespin. This is probably the most feared person in the galaxy standing next to him, and he let's him know outright that he's not going to get ripped off just because the Empire needs a lure. When I was younger, I was always impressed by Fett in this scene, and to this day I think it single-handedly defines the character as the fearless bad ass he is.

For a scene that defines the trilogy, and probably the saga for me, no contest: Vader's contemplating in Jedi. You know, where he looks down at Luke, and looks back at the Emperor a couple of times. This scene is powerful right now, but when the saga is finally completed May 19, I know this scene will hold even more weight. Love the tight shot of Vader, as even with the helmet you can almost see and hear the conflict going on within him. Beautiful scene.

8. Latorski

Latorski Jedi Master star 4

Dec 14, 2002
    the last moments of the battle of Yavin, from "I have you now" to "Remember, the Force will be with you, always."

The shot of the Falcon swooping into the battle and blocking out the planet still gives me chills.

9. CommanderJamesBond

CommanderJamesBond Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 3, 2005
    Some of my favorite scenes are:

The Battle of Hoth
    The Luke/Vader/Emperor scenes
    Battle of Endor (the space battle)
    The final moments of the ROTJ duel
    "You failed your highness. I am a Jedi like my father before me." "So be it, Jedi. If you will not be turned then you will be destoryed *lightning*"
    Luke seeing the ghosts of Ben, Yoda, and Anakin (Sebastian Shaw not Hayden Christensen.

10. SLAVE2

SLAVE2 Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 6, 2000
    If I had to pick one scene it would probably be the one where Luke turns down the Emperor in ROTJ.

11. VadersVacuumSeal

VadersVacuumSeal Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 8, 2004
    1. The entire asteroid scene where Vader instructs his officers to launch all ships search for the Falcon and the Executor moving to deliver a clearer signal to the Emperor.

Very powerful. When Vader commands, all heed attention but with Sidious calls, Vader moves his ass. Real fast.

2. Vader torturing Solo.

12. Cloned_Sidious

Cloned_Sidious Jedi Knight star 8

Oct 14, 2004
    The scenes in Death Star II with Luke Skywalker, Darth Vader and Palpatine.

13. HandofSkywalker86

HandofSkywalker86 Jedi Master star 4

Aug 12, 2004
    Without question its the Luke/Vader/Palpatine, scenes in ROTJ. A man willingly facing the Devil and giving him the finger only to be saved by his fallen father. I only wish the rest of the film had held a tenth of that emotional intensity.

14. Darth_Sammy52

Darth_Sammy52 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 26, 2004
    Your one most favorite SW saga scene?

"Your overconfidence is your weakness."

"Your faith in your friends is yours."

~and~

Luke watching the twin sunset

~and~

The Force Ghosts on the DVDs with the beautiful music playing in the background, and Obi-Wan, Yoda, and Anakin appear.

Those are all my favorites tied for first.

15. wookiemagnet

wookiemagnet Jedi Youngling

Apr 18, 2005
    Without a doubt the scene when Luke surrenders to Vader on Endor. Their exchange before they board the shuttle is awesome. You can see the conflict within Vader as Luke speaks. Even more of an emotionally charged scene after the Prequels.

16. Alpha-Red

Alpha-Red Chosen One star 7

Apr 25, 2004
    The chase through the 2nd Death Star's superstructure and the Asteroid Field scenes where all those TIEs get blown up trying to chase down the Falcon.

17. Binkley71

Binkley71 Jedi Master star 1

Sep 2, 2002
    The moment just before Vader strikes down Obi-Wan, when Luke runs up and says, "Ben?", and Obi-Wan gives Vader a look worth a thousand words.

18. Fenrisulven

Fenrisulven Jedi Master star 1

Nov 18, 2004
    The duel in ESB and the scene in the cave on Dagobah. I always found the cavescene to be the most scary scene in the entire saga when I was younger.

19. Grand-Moff-Tarkin

Grand-Moff-Tarkin Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 26, 2004
    I'm torn between a couple of scenes as my favorite.

The first is when Yoda uses the Force to get Luke's X-Wing out of the water after Luke gave up. It shows exactly what the Force can do, and as Yoda put it, "Size matters not."

The other scene when Tarkin destroys Alderaan. This scene shows just how evil and dangerous the Empire really is, what it is capable of, and how cold-hearted the people within it are. This is really the first time the audience sees why the Empire must fall and why so many are fighting to make it so.

20. Happy Ninja

Happy Ninja Jedi Knight star 6

Mar 20, 2000
    "Without question its the Luke/Vader/Palpatine, scenes in ROTJ. A man willingly facing the Devil and giving him the finger only to be saved by his fallen father. I only wish the rest of the film had held a tenth of that emotional intensity."

Word! [face_peace]

And that duel is supersweet. Luke freaks out, and tears Vader a new one. The score during that fight is amazing.

21. SkottASkywalker

SkottASkywalker Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 3, 2002
    Your one most favorite SW saga scene?

All of them. =D=

STAR WARS EPISODE III: REVENGE OF THE SITH is getting closer! [face_dancing]

22. Deeysew

Deeysew Jedi Youngling star 4

Mar 5, 2005
    This one.

[image=http://img170.echo.cx/img170/1569/bscap0009xa.jpg]

Makes RotJ worth sitting through again and again and again.

Absolutely Brillantly put together piece of film here.

23. Happy Ninja

Happy Ninja Jedi Knight star 6

Mar 20, 2000
    Amen!

Though, I'd hate to be the rotoscoper on that film trying to find the saber blades in the dark! :p

24. Ididitall4thewookie

Ididitall4thewookie Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 29, 2004
    1. "You've failed your highness. I am a Jedi, like my father before me."

2. When the Falcon is in the asteroid lizard's stomach. Any conversation between Han and 3PO gets my goat, especially the exchanges between those two here.

25. AllTamTranRatCheer

AllTamTranRatCheer Jedi Youngling star 1

May 3, 2005
    when han finds out.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.