main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Your One Most Favorite CT Scene?

Discussion in 'Classic Trilogy' started by Rogan_Agar, May 1, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tetric

tetric Jedi Youngling

Jan 8, 2005
    The garbage compactor on the Death Star in ANH. That scene was a little frightening.

Actually, the multiple scenes when Han,Luke,Artoo,C3PO, and Chewie are trying to find the princess on the DS is awesome.

2. minastirith

minastirith Jedi Youngling

May 17, 2005
    The final moment of the ROTJ duel between Vader and Luke....

3. BoShekPimpin

BoShekPimpin Jedi Youngling

May 23, 2005
    Definitely when Bo Shek begins to lead Obi-Wan to where Han Solo is in Mos Eisley Cantina. Thrilling drama and action. Incredible!!!!!

JK.

Probably when Princess Leia gives Wicket some food and he loves it. Genius storytelling.

JK.

For real, I'm still a sucker for Luke taking everyone down over the Sarlaac Pit. And Leia in her slave outfit...FUHGGGEDDDABOUDIT!!!!

4. MadMardigan

MadMardigan Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 8, 2001
    Jesus, so many too chose from

I guess it comes down to:

the trench run

the Hoth battle

Vader v Luke in ESB

Luke v Vader and Emperor in ROTJ

choosing one of those is like choosing a favorite child.

5. classified

classified Jedi Master star 4

May 24, 2005
    Best arial battle:
    battle ove corucant

Best duel:
    Anakin + Obi Wan

Best opening scene:
    ANH

Best character entrance:
    Darth Maul. I'll never forget it

Best death scene:
    Mace Windu

Most kick ass scene:
    Mace windu arrests Palps.

6. Boba-Moose

Boba-Moose Jedi Youngling

May 25, 2005
    In Emipre Strikes Back, the pan of all the bounty hunters. I loved every singe one of them.
    I wanted to see more of each.
    But most importantly, that is the scene when I first realized I loved Boba Fett.

7. Evil_Otto

Evil_Otto Jedi Youngling star 4

Sep 28, 2004
    that is the scene when I first realized I loved Boba Fett.

Oh er, I didn't know you were the sort! *backs away from Moose*

8. DarthSully05

DarthSully05 Jedi Youngling

May 27, 2005
    It ties the entire series together in a more effective way than even anything we saw in Revenge of the Sith. Vader and Kenobi are fighting on the Death Star. Luke runs into position to see the dual, and Obi-Wan senses him, the son in the presence of his father for the first time. He stares intently at Luke for a moment, then gives the same moment's stare at Vader. Then suddenly, a very small curl of his lips into a knowing smile, before sacrificing himself.

It was very cool at the time. Moreso after Return of the Jedi, when you see ultimately what Luke's role in his father's redemption was. But after these last three films, it becomes an even more powerful scene. How badass is it that in the span of less than five seconds, Obi-Wan realizes how all this can turn around? He has already said "if you strike me down, I will become more powerful than you can possibly imagine" which ties the training Yoda has hinted that he and Qui-Gonn will teach Obi-Wan at the end of this current movie. He knows with Vader's knowledge of his presence that Vader will be relentless in trying to kill him; to join the Force will more easily allow him to train Luke. Before Vader can read Obi-Wan's thoughts and realize this young boy is his son (much as Vader read Luke's mind regarding Leia in ROTJ) Obi-Wan lets himself be cut down. It cements the teachings Yoda has stressed about the true Force-practitioner being the one who can let go of everything, all attachments--in this case, for the greater good, Obi-Wan's own life. And as knowing a smile as it is, you can read both sadness and friendship in it if you want, sadness over what his old friend had become, and/or a last grin to his best buddy in memory of the better times.

All that in a single three second look--one second at Luke, one second at Vader, and one wry smile.

9. JediDugan

JediDugan Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 3, 2001
    Favorite action scene: Tie between the Sarlacc pit fight/rescue and the beginning dogfight/rescue of Palpatine in ROTS.
    When that Johnny Williams music kicks in after R2 shoots Luke his lightsaber it still makes me want to jump up and down on parents couch swinging a wrapping paper tube. :)

Likewise the first sequence in ROTS is amazing. It's like a smorgasboard of Star Wars action in one 20 min. package. Dogfight, Artoo antics, spaceship hallway combat, lightsaber fight, sneaking around, spaceship crash landing...

Favorite dramatic scene: Easily the end of Jedi with Luke throwing his saber away, and Vader chucking Palpatine down the Death Star II shaft. Very very powerful.

An honorable mention to the end of Jedi as well. Luke talking to his father for the last (really the first) time. The funeral pyre sequence blending into the great montage of all the galaxy rejoicing (hands down the best "Special Edition" addition). As much as Yub-Nub was beloved by kids everywhere it was a pretty crappy "teddy bear picnic" (as Harrison Ford says) way to end the saga. The score that Johnny Williams adds is beautiful and it's great to see the larger victory over the Empire (not just the Ewok liberation).

I can go either way on the addition of "young Anakin" to the force-ghost scene. I understand for a lot of people it's weird to see a scene that you've watched so many times changed like that. On the other hand I understand and respect what GL was trying to do there, showing that Anakin gets to be "one with the force" in his last true form (not the hideous scarred freak he became). It's poetic if nothing else.

10. DarthButt

DarthButt Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 11, 2003
    For me it's the scene where Vader and Luke first confront each other in ESB. "The Force is with you, young Skywalker, but you are not a Jedi yet," booming from Vader's silhoette still gives me chill bumps. I really like the pace of the scene, with Luke and Vader testing each other. Also, oddly enough (for me anyway), the absence of music makes this scene a bit more chilling.

11. Icebreaker

Icebreaker Jedi Master star 4

Aug 20, 2001
    ^ That one and...

...when we first see Vader walking through the smoke and haze of the battle aboard the Tantive IV. Fantastic character introduction!

Take 'er easy
    -matt

12. Katana_Geldar

Katana_Geldar Jedi Grand Master star 8

Mar 3, 2003
    < This one, the one when Yoda dies and the one when Vader dies.

13. t4k3n

t4k3n Jedi Youngling

May 23, 2006
    the cantina
    When I firsr saw it I was shocked!

14. Crazy_Old_Kermit

Crazy_Old_Kermit Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 18, 2003
    The one moment that represents my undying love for Star Wars is in Return of the Jedi when Anakin redeems himself.

As soon as Palpatine says, "If you will not be turned, you will be destroyed" to when Luke holds his dying father in the Emperor's throne room....that is what Star Wars is all about.

15. TheProphetOfSullust

TheProphetOfSullust Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 10, 2003
    It's very ironic, that, given what SW films are famous for, my favorite scene has no combat, no dialogue, and no special effects. It's the victory march in ANH, as Han, Luke, and Chewie walk down the aisle to receive their medals. Simple visuals and music... and yet, that scene never fails to move me. That's enough to say that George Lucas and John Williams are geniuses.

16. geo_gnosis

geo_gnosis Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 4, 2006
    I'm inclined to agree with the poster back on the first page who said "All of them." ;) However, pivotal or powerful moments for me would include:

- The very first opening scene of Star Wars, the very first movie, as the Tantive IV careens over the top of the screen, laser bolts pounding the hull, followed by the even bigger Star Destroyer roaring in on top of it, slowly filling the screen and rumbling enough to shake the seats in the theater. Wow! Movies just weren't like that back in the '70s. It was totally new, and totally cool. My only regret is that I can't ever see that opening scene again for the very first time. There was nothing quite like it.

- Again in Star Wars, Darth Vader's entrance after the Tantive IV has been captured. Wow!

- RotJ, the unmasking of Vader. We waited six years and three movies to see that face, wondering, What does Vader really look like? It was a powerful moment, and a deeply moving scene between father and son.

17. Jaden-Skywalker

Jaden-Skywalker Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 13, 2004
    ROTJ, Luke vs Vader. Luke's kicking Vader down the stairs is brilliant.

"Take that daddy!"

18. Viceroy_NuteGunray

Viceroy_NuteGunray Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 16, 2005
    The classic scene when Vader says to Luke "I am your father."

19. I_Heart_Han_Solo

I_Heart_Han_Solo Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 21, 2005
    For me, I absolutely love Han and Leia's "interrupted" kiss onboard the Falcon.

I was 11 years old, and I remember sitting in the theater in 1997 watching ESB for the first time: I was like, "Oh my god, Han is sooo hot ...that's how I want to be kissed!" etc.

And then 3PO comes in...classic!

Still, thinking back at this memory of mine makes me laugh now! Yes, I admit, when I was 11 I had a lil' crush on Han/Harrison...a little weird I guess, considering both would be a lot older.

"Heart"

20. JediStarKiller2

JediStarKiller2 Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 5, 2006
    I've always liked the final lightsaber duel between Luke and Vader at the end of ROTJ...which results in the emperor dying.

21. masteryoda5

masteryoda5 Jedi Youngling star 1

May 17, 2006
    I have a lot of favourites, but if I really have to choose. I love to see when Yoda explains to Luke the nature of the force in TESB. ( you know, size matters not, life creates it, the force is everywhere...)
    Masteryoda5 [face_alien_1]

22. Malos

Malos Jedi Youngling star 1

May 23, 2005
    I too, as many above, have the fight between Vader and Luke in ROTJ as my favourite scene.
    Right when luke starts beating vader with his saber. I can't describe the feeling when I watch it. I shiver each time. o_O

23. Tatooine_92

Tatooine_92 Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 15, 2005
    My goodness, there are so many good scenes! I suppose I can list a few.

-The Ewok Celebration (the DVD version, although I would love to see the way it was done first)
    -The Luke/Vader Bespin Duel
    -All the stuff on the second Death Star, and especially the lightsaber duel!
    -The scene where Luke turns down Palpatine, gets fried, and finally saved by his dad. That always brings tears to my eyes.
    -Another favorite, Luke and the twin suns.
    -The stuff with Yoda, especially when he's acting like a little kid.

Too many good ones to list! Would it be okay if I just said that I love all the scenes in all the movies?

24. MasterACyard

MasterACyard Jedi Youngling star 1

May 3, 2005
    Way too many moments for me to list!! Just one? I'd have to say......

"Never! I'll never turn to the dark side. You've failed, your highness. I am a Jedi, like my father before me......"

I have watched that one countless times.

25. JediStarKiller2

JediStarKiller2 Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 5, 2006
    ROTJ fight duel scene:

When Luke starts goin crazy on Vader and wailing on him with his saber I get this feeling I can't discribe...but even better is when he finally chops off Vaders hand then looks at his own hand and realizes he is "becoming" his father.

When Luke throws the lightsaber to the ground in front of Palpy...He is basically say here's what I think of you. He'd rather die than turn to the dark side...now that is Jedi.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.