main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Your preferred era for the next Star Wars animated show

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Vespasian, Oct 28, 2014.

?

Which would be your preferred era for the next Star Wars animated series?

1. "Beginning of the Jedi/Republic" era

11.8%
  2. Old Republic era

35.3%
  3. Pre-Episode I era

29.4%
  4. The Clone Wars era

2.9%
  5. Dark Times era (between Episodes III and IV)

5.9%
  6. Original Trilogy era

14.7%
  7. Post-Episode VI era (between Episodes VI and VII)

35.3%
  8. Sequel Trilogy era

5.9%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    :eek: You don't recognise David Bowie?

[​IMG]

2. TheSilentInfluence

TheSilentInfluence Retired Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 15, 2014
    No. Because I've never seen anything with him in it.

3. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    You have to at least see Labyrinth, if only to see him juggle his big crystal balls.
    [​IMG]
    But seriously check out Labyrinth- it's by Jim Henson and George Lucas!

TheSilentInfluence and Togruta like this.
  4. ifleninwasawizard

ifleninwasawizard Jedi Master star 4

Jun 2, 2014
    I don't care if it's a logistically and artistically ridiculous, I want a musical where these two are Revan and Malak.
    [​IMG]

TheSilentInfluence likes this.
  5. TheSilentInfluence

Jul 15, 2014
    Thanks. :D I'll be sure to do that.

6. Todd the Jedi

Oct 16, 2008
    ifleninwasawizard IT'S SO OBVIOUS!

And Silent check out Zoolander while you're at it so you can understand the other gifs.

7. TheSilentInfluence

Jul 15, 2014
    Okay, I will. Thanks again.

8. vong333

vong333 Force Ghost star 5

Oct 18, 2003
    No more eras, I want a Star Wars cartoon series like Marvel Avengers, Hulk Agents of Smash or Ulitmate Spiderman, of course minus the corny comedy. I want a planet of the day adventure in glorious 2-d. Enough with this time frame and the other, let me tell you at the rate we are going this is turning out to be another star trek. Not only do we need action and adventure, but simple storytelling that is light and fun. Star Wars has gotten too serious with eras and trying to emulate movies.

9. ScorpionJedi

ScorpionJedi Jedi Master star 3

Jun 19, 2013
    I'm just going to leave these here:
    Stephen Lang
    [​IMG]

Manu Bennett
    [​IMG]

Yeah no

10. vong333

vong333 Force Ghost star 5

Oct 18, 2003
    Well here is my problem, I understand that maybe my choice of shows was not the great, but, the numbers for Rebels for me are not inspiring and no, I don't want to hear that its Disney XD channel. Second, the show is doing decent because of the OT motiff, meaning that on its own it wouldn't be all that great. What I propose is a cartoon that is light and fun and not too serious with eras. Dark Horse once thought as you did and it wasn't until they went to the Brian Wood 20 issue run, the star wars 8 issue series and the four rebel series all featuring the original charatcers that the comic books began to cross the top 100. KOTOR and LEgacy at the end started to fizzle. More to come

11. Darth Valkyrus

Darth Valkyrus Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 12, 2013
    Kate Beckinsale for Bastila.

Satele I dunno. Summer Glau maybe.

12. ScorpionJedi

ScorpionJedi Jedi Master star 3

Jun 19, 2013
    Bastila's quite young, doubt Beckinsale can do it.

13. Darth Valkyrus

Darth Valkyrus Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 12, 2013
    She's 5 years younger than Hugh Jackman who is still doing all kinds of strenuous Wolverine action.

14. Trebor Sabreon

Trebor Sabreon Former Manager star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 15, 2010
    All of you folks saying "Old Republic" make me want to agree. After all, once the ST is finished, it's definitely the period I want to see explored next.

And yet, I think I'd much sooner see stories from this time produced in live action.

Don't take me wrong, I'd eat up an animated series in a heartbeat. But a television series? A film trilogy? Y E S P L E A S E !

Edit: And if they wanted to include Revan? Awesome. Someone posted the question of gender earlier. Good question considering the OOU origins of the character. Personally, I prefer a male Revan.

So all of that said, I guess my vote for the next animated series goes to the early post-ROTJ period.

15. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014

I would rather see a live action show but I don't think we will se a star wars live action show for at least 5 years.

16. Trebor Sabreon

Trebor Sabreon Former Manager star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 15, 2010
    Yep, I think it will be a while, yet.

But that's probably true no matter what, you know? I don't see Lucasfilm overshadowing Rebels with a second animated show running at the same time. And between the ST and the spin-offs, the films are pretty set for the next few years, too.

Given that a live action TV series is the one thing SW isn't doing right now, I almost think that would actually have the best bet of coming the soonest.

But even then, no matter what form the next new project beyond Rebels, ST/spin-offs comes in, I think we're probably in for a wait.

17. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014

But we got some things to be intreseted in before then.

Trebor Sabreon likes this.