main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

"Your ship is waiting."

Discussion in 'Archive: Revenge of the Sith' started by Old_Zen, Jan 12, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Old_Zen

Old_Zen Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 18, 2005
    Obi Wan witnessed the Separtist high council boarding their ship preparing to depart to Mustafar under Grievous orders, as he was spying upon them on Utapau with Boga..if he had been a few minutes early, he would have heard they were going to Mustafar. Is this a flaw on Palpatine's part or Grievous? I mean why did he wait so long to haul Nute and the gang away form Utapau when he should have done this in the begening of the movie when Sidious orders him to, why didin't do it then? My only conclusion is that these two events (Obi Wan spying and Grievous briefing Separtist) Happen at different points in time. I just watched ROTS again this afternoon and many questions dawned upon me. This is one of them.

Anyone wanna try to answer this one? :)

EDIT: Oh! And why did'nt Obi Wan attempt to attack or arrest them (Gunray, etc) as well as Grievous?

2. darth_frared

darth_frared Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 24, 2005
    yeah it was hugely annoying he was just a minute too late to actually know where grievous is shipping the people. no, seriously.

3. yoshifett

yoshifett Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 17, 2004
    Why would this be a flaw on Grievous or Palpatine's part? Do you think Palpatine REALLY cares about keeping the separatists alive? Do you think Grievous cares?

And Obi-Wan wasn't going to jump down and attack the separatist leaders. They are not what the Jedi would consider to be military targets. They can't really defend themselves. The only one who would be willing to slaughter the separatist was Anakin. Which, of course, he did.

4. darth-sinister

darth-sinister Manager Emeritus star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 28, 2001
    It took a while to get the Separatist Council to Mustafar, because arrangements had to be made. Facilities put into place. These things take time. Obi-wan couldn't move in to arrest them, because he was alone and they would be gone before the Fleet arrived. There are ten thousand Battle Droids, four Magnaguards and Grievous. Obi-wan's outnumbered. All he was doing was buying time for back-up to arrive.

5. WitchKing66

WitchKing66 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 17, 2005
    ^^^^

All he was doing was buying time for back-up to arrive.

yet he decided to jump in the midst of battledriods and engage Greviou. Wether he get out of that situation alive is entirely dependent on Grevious's decision to fight Kenobi man-to-man otherwise Army or not, he was doomed

6. TopSpeeD

TopSpeeD Jedi Youngling star 2

May 20, 2005

Yup,that's Kenobi :)

7. TrueJedi

TrueJedi Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 22, 2000
    Once again proving that the hero of the PT is Obi Wan and the PT really is about him.

Trebor Sabreon likes this.
  8. Super_Battle_Droid

Super_Battle_Droid Jedi Master star 5

May 8, 2002
    Tion Medon could've even told Obi-Wan the Separatist Leaders were there.

Was he helping them, and knew they were going to leave?

9. RolandofGilead

RolandofGilead Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 17, 2001
    Yoda: (to Luke) You are reckless!

Obi-wan: So was I if you remember.

Jumping into the middle of things is Obi-wan's M.O. Judging from what we've seen in the entire saga:

*PM- Qui-gon and Obi-wan walk right into the Naboo Hanger to save the Queen's pilots
    *AotC- Obi-wan jumps through a window to nab an assasn Droid
    *RotS- Obi-wan jumps into the middle of Grievous' army of droids
    *RotJ- Luke walks into Jabba's palace alone and unarmed and demands his friends be set free

Apparently, that's what Jedi do.

10. voodoopuuduu

voodoopuuduu Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 22, 2004
    Apparently, that's what Jedi do.

Nothing ventured, nothing gained. :D

11. mjerome3

mjerome3 Jedi Knight star 6

May 11, 2000
    His instructions was to kill General Grevious. Nothing more. Perhaps he could have told Mace and the Council about the Separatists move to Mustafar but the movie never shows Obi-Wan contacting the Council to inform them about Grevious's demise. It only shows Mace telling Anakin that they'd received word that Kenobi destroyed Grevious.

12. Alpha-Red

Alpha-Red Chosen One star 7

Apr 25, 2004
    Yeah, Grievous was the most important Seperatist leader, so he had to be taken out. According to the novel, Obi-Wan himself suggests letting the other leaders run free while the Jedi concentrated on Grievous. Ultimately, the goal was to take out Grievous so Mace could finally press Palpatine to return emergency powers to the Senate, by force if neccessary.

I guess if Order 66 didn't happen, the Obi-Wan could just get the next lead on to where the Seperatists were.

13. ObiWanIsTheOne

ObiWanIsTheOne Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 30, 2005
    Who do you think Obi-Wan is, Anakin Skywalker? He wouldn't have killed the Seperatists, they were defenseless. Now as for why he did not go after them and capture them. Did you happen to miss the scene where right below him was about a hundred droids, including General Grevious and his Magna guards? He had to deal with the threat first...

14. Old_Zen

Old_Zen Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 18, 2005
    Oh and here is another question...

"Chancellor Palpatine thinks General Grivous is on Utapau."

"A diplomatic packett was intercepted from the chairmen of Utapau."

Was it really? We know Palpaitne already knows Grievous is on Utapau, I mean he IS Darth Sidious..but...if told Anakin that his Clone intellegence units have discovered the location of Grievous...so why did Anakin say he got it form Tion Meddan..when it seems Tion Meddan wasen't even expecting the Jedi (Obi Wan) to come...huh?

15. darth-sinister

Jun 28, 2001
    Apparently Tion Meddon sent out a packett to wherever, when it's intercepted by Clone Intelligence. Palpatine tells Anakin this, who tells the Council. When Obi-wan first arrives on Utapau, Tion pretends that Grievous isn't there. Then he gets in close and tells him the truth. He was expecting help the whole time.

TlON MEDON: "Greetings, young Jedi. What brings you to our remote sanctuary?"

OBI-WAN: "Unfortunately, the war."

TlON MEDON: "There is no war here unless you've brought it with you."

OBI-WAN: "With your kind permission, I should like some fuel and to use your city as a base as I search nearby systems for General Grievous."

A GROUND CREW rushes out and refuels Obi-Wan?s Fighter. TION MEDON leans close to OBI-WAN and speaks quietly.

TlON MEDON: "He is here! We are being held hostage. They are watching us."

OBI-WAN: "I understand."

TlON MEDON: "The tenth level . . . thousands of Battle Droids . . ."

OBI-WAN: "Tell your people to take shelter. If you have warriors, now is the time."

Unlike Kamino, Obi-wan knew that he was expected and acted accordingly.

16. Bacon164

Bacon164 Chosen One star 8

Mar 22, 2005
    I think it was actually in the original script that had the scene where Grievous orders the Council off to Mustafar placed right before the meeting with Sidious. It was atleast this way in the comic book, and the novel, if I recall correctly.

I had heard that the scene was placed later in the film during editing, and Ewan did some pick-ups to make it fit, though I'm really not sure.

17. darth-sinister

Jun 28, 2001
    I don't have the earlier drafts, but as I understood it, things were different in the beginning. Obi-wan overhears Grievous talking to Sidious and learns about Sidious being Palpatine. Then he goes in and fights Grievous, but makes his report to Courscant first. I think that's how it was supposed to go. Stover wrote the book to be a bit more linear than the film. And the comic was done before Lucas made the final edit known to them. Certain things were still being changed around, but because a comic takes time to make, certain details got left in or left out. Or were mixed up.

18. _Sublime_Skywalker_

_Sublime_Skywalker_ Jedi Master star 4

May 8, 2004
    He needed to have them stay on Utapau so Obi Wan would be busy on another planet while Anakin was corrupted.

if they were on Mustafar, Obi Wan would've went there and then met Anakin before the slaughter. The whole plot would be screwed.

Besides,he was there for Grievous, he could've arrested the seperatists but he was led away to duel Grievous.

19. darth-sinister

Jun 28, 2001
    Only the Separatist Council was ordered to leave. Not Grievous. Palpatine never said for Grievous to go with them. Just to send them there.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.