main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Your single favorite scene in the OT

Discussion in 'Classic Trilogy' started by Chewies_bandolier, Jul 10, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. geordiejedi1982

geordiejedi1982 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 22, 2004
    the redemption scene for ROTJ comes second for me, though I do love the whole part, from vader goading Luke about his sister, to the "you've failed your highness" line, and finally to the lightning/death of the emperor bit.

But my favourit scene is yoda lifting the x-wing out the water. When Luke tries and Yoda seems to believe for a second he can do it, followed by the disappointment. Luke is just annoyed in general at Yoda asking for the ridiculous, then having to watch as Yoda manages to do it. "That is why you fail." The resignation in Yoda's voice when he says that, as if he's starting to fear that Luke won't be able to fulfill his destiny, I just love it all!

2. 4LOM

4LOM Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 9, 2004
    Mine has to be Luke walking the plank in ROTJ. John Williams's music is so incredibly tense, and I love how the camera gives headshots of all our heroes looking on nervously (except Lando and Luke, who exchange oh-so-cool nods). It looks like Luke is Sarlacc dinner...but wait, what is Artoo doing? Luke is pushed in! The bad guys cheer! But Luke does this incredible acrobatic thing, and...

He's back on the skiff!
    He's caught his lightsaber!
    It's GREEN!
    Luke proceeds to hack his way through a horde of the galaxy's worst scum and villainy!

Wow...that's a great scene. Williams's music is so triumphant throughout. His music really makes a LOT of scenes in the Star Wars movies more incredible.

3. LukeJim

LukeJim Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 10, 2004
    Cant pick just one, heres a few.

ANH.
    Twin Sunset
    Lukes face when he arrives home to find the burning skellys
    NO!! after obi wan is taken down, Luke keeps on shooting (Lukes first dark rage scene here)
    Use the Force Luke, Let Go Luke, end of trench run

ESB
    Han- "then ill see you in hell"
    Hanger doors closing
    luke collapsing in the cold
    yodas speech
    The Cave
    Luke failing his training and refusing to let his friends die without even trying to save them
    I love you, I Know
    leias look at vader
    THE duel (ep3s twirly twirly nonsense wont be a patch)
    after the duel hits the walkway both are flailing away, you just know someone is going down.
    Luke comiting suicide - Vaders dissapointment
    Luke force calling leia
    Why didnt you tell me?

ROTJ
    "then I am a Jedi" "not yet"
    "your father he is"
    Obi's ghost
    "i cant kill my own father" "then the emperor has already won"
    Luke surrendering to the empire
    "i know, father"
    luke and vaders entrance to the throne room
    Luke force pulling his saber from the chair and striking at the emperor (strike me down and your journey towards the darkside will be complete!"

"Obi Wan, has taught you well"
    "then perhaps SHE will"
    "NOOOOOOOOOOOOO"! Lukes Darkside Rage
    "youve failed your highness...the music is timed to perfection on this bit, it changes key or chords or whatever just as luke says "failed" to capture what exactly luke has become

"so be it,, Jedi"
    luke begging Vader to help
    "now young skywalker, you will die"
    Vaders reactions to luke being killed and the emperors face (seeing the lightning on his eyes was great)
    Vaders Choice
    Funeral Pyre

4. Devilanse

Devilanse Jedi Knight star 5

May 11, 2002
    "And....Sidious was not in ROTJ."

Really? You didn't notice him? That's odd...
    *scratches head before laughing*

I noticed the one everyone called "The Emperor"...don't remember anyone calling him "Sidious".

5. DarthLazious

DarthLazious Jedi Youngling star 4

Jan 24, 2003
    To be honest I really liked the Lightsabre duel on Cloud City in ESB.

6. Anakin_Skywalker314

Anakin_Skywalker314 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 16, 2004
    Probably when Vader and Luke have their conversation in ROTJ.

Basically any time they refer to Anakin's fall to the Dark Side... they just give me chills.

Also Luke and Yoda you know the do-or-do-not-there-is-no-try speech... i love that.

And anytime Luke and Ben are together in ANH, specifically when they talk about Anakin: "My father didn't fight in the wars..." they all seem so symbolic to me of something else...

But "do or do not there is no try" is a real life motto that i follow and i think its great.

7. MikeSolo

MikeSolo Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 6, 2002
    ANH: When Han goes nuts and chases the Stormtroopers.

ESB: Han causing the two SD almost hit each other :)

RTOJ: "Boba Fett!! Boba Fett!! WHERE!!" Han Solo. Boba's jetback hit, goes out of control, then the big Burp :)

8. Padmes_love_slave24

Padmes_love_slave24 Jedi Master star 3

Mar 24, 2003
    These are all easy calls:

ANH: When Leia tells Luke he is a little short to be a storm trooper, and he tells her I am Luke Skywalker I am here to rescue you.

ESB: My favorite overall moment of the saga is when the duel begins on Bespin, and Luke and Vader ignite their lightsabers for the most the best duel of the entire saga.

ROTJ: Has to the look on the Emperor's face when Luke throws away his lightsaber and tells him he failed and he is a Jedi like his father before him, the enraged facial expression he gives is priceless!

9. Darth-Seldon

Darth-Seldon Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 17, 2003
    ANH: Luke just blew up the death star. A nice piece of music is played. It shows luke calming down and Vader spinning all around.

TESB: Introduction to Yoda

ROTJ: The scene where Ben explains POV.

-Seldon

10. JediSF

JediSF Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 15, 2004
    2 scenes:

1. The grin Obi-Wan gets on his face right before he allows Vader to strike him down on the DS1

2. Vader's reaction when the supposedly disabled Millenium Falcon makes the jump to hyperspace with one-hand safely on board.

11. Moojieba

Moojieba Jedi Master star 4

Mar 16, 2004
    While I love the "yee-ha!!" moments of ANH, and that dark material of ESB (which is my favorite of the saga so far) I have to say that the best part of the Saga is finally getting the pay offs, which I feel ROTJ delivers. So the scenes that had the most impact on me were

1. Meeting Jabba for the first time
    2. Meeting the Emperor for the first time
    3 Seeing Vader's face for the first time

and the line that cracks me up every time..

"Oh, I'm afraid the deflector shield will be quite operational when your friends arrive"

12. Genrader

Genrader Jedi Master star 3

Sep 12, 2003
    The most touching scene is the end of the original ROTJ. You're sitting there, you hear YUB DUB, and then as it ends and goes to the credits you realize the Star Wars is over.

13. ZombieProblems

ZombieProblems Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 9, 2004
    Greedo shooting first.

just kidding.

14. JMRycheBa-Gai

JMRycheBa-Gai Jedi Youngling star 1

May 1, 2004
    My overall favorite scene is when Luke confronts Vader in ROTJ. The whole dialog is chilling. The emotion of Vader is so thick, you can see his anguish, even though you can't see his face.

My favorite scenes of the other 2 were:
    ANH - When Obi-Wan tells Luke of the Jedi and his role in history
    ESB - Solo vs. Organa, you pick the scene (argument at the beginning is priceless sexual tension at its best)

15. dimensionshifter_90

dimensionshifter_90 Jedi Youngling

Jul 16, 2004
    Defo the scene under Cloud City when Luke's hanging off the weather vane (that doesn't sound right does it?) But anyhow, when he calls to Leia... that's just so heart wrenching to watch. :_|

16. JAKEFETT

JAKEFETT Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 10, 2003
    So many to list but here are a few

ANH

the beginning, stormtroopers blasting open the door awaiting rebel troops with Darth Vader in tow.

Vader lifting up captain antilles with one hand and crushing his neck hearing the bones crackle

Vader Vs Obi wan

Locking S foils in attack position

Vader noting "The force is strong with this one"

Han to the rescue

Gotta go, don't have time to finish.

17. Alomanuma_Topha

Alomanuma_Topha Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 2, 2004
    when Luke and Biggs meet up in the hanger. I've always loved that scene cuz it shows what good friends they've been and you wonder what would have happened if it was just those two guys against the empire!

18. StarWars_Revelation

StarWars_Revelation Jedi Master star 5

Aug 5, 2001
    When the Rebels assault the Death Star in ANH is simply awesome (especially Red Leader's death, may he rest in peace).

But my all-time favorite is Vader's redemption.

19. Shiro

Shiro Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 9, 2004
    Well I dont have a single favorite heres a list:

ANH -
    The cantina scene
    The garbage scene
    when the first death star blows up
    TESB -
    The Hoth Battle
    The Falcon trying to escape the Imperial Fleet
    Yoda training Luke
    Luke vs. Vader on Cloud City
    The Luke/Father revelation scene
    ROTJ -
    Luke vs. Jabbas Gang at the Sarlaac pit
    Yoda's death scene
    Speeder Bike chase scene on Endor
    Luke and Vader's second meeting with eachother
    The entire space battle above Endor
    Luke vs Vader on the Death Star
    The Emperors death and Vader's redemption
    Darth Vader's death scene
    Darth Vader's Jedi funeral
    The last scenes of a great trilogy

20. osum23

osum23 Jedi Youngling

Aug 5, 2003
    my favorite scene,moment is during the carbon freezing sequence where the smoke clears and vader's face is revealed. The music is just right. That scene gives me chills. Also, another scene I like is in ROTJ right after Vader throws his lightsaber at Luke and cause the catwalk to fall. Vader walks down some stair and ignites his lightsaber right when he turns and the emperor is laughing at it all while saying good good. You know vader is still the man. Man, I love it.

21. osum23

osum23 Jedi Youngling

Aug 5, 2003
    Some other moments that I are classic are the gammorean guard giving the bird, the boob flop, and the person off camera who says "Die Dickheads" and the end of Jedi. Classic stuff

22. darkmoon_90

darkmoon_90 Jedi Youngling

Jul 10, 2004
    I was watching ROJ last night to look as that lightsaber argument, is Luke's one underneath or is it Vader's cos the shot's not that great. As an extra point, it is LUKE'S that is on the top cos the white of the lightsaber shows that. Okay, shut up!
    So while I was searching for that scene I came across that bit where the ewoks are fighting the stormtroopers and one gets hit and another ewok comes up and sort of calls it's name? (I don't speak ewok, subtitles on the DVD please!) and then it reliases the ewoks dead. Oh it's so sad :_|
    P.S.
    Greetings Dimensionshifter_90 you've got the same logo as me and the same no., are you my evil twin?

23. Luke_SW

Luke_SW Jedi Master star 2

Apr 13, 2003
    you ask the impossible
    difficult to choose, only one favorite scene would be

24. 4-LOSW

4-LOSW Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 24, 2001
    The Scene where Vader picks the Emperor up and chucks him down the reactor shaft.

Most Powerful moment of the OT

25. BothofUs

BothofUs Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 5, 2003
    The Final Duel in RotJ. It is very well done with Vader searching for Luke in the beginning of the scene.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.