main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Speculation Your Take on the Opening of Episode VII

Discussion in 'Archive: Disney Era Films' started by BowtiesAreCool, Nov 3, 2012.

1. The Bops

The Bops Jedi Master star 2

Oct 30, 2012
    Bryan is an awesome wrestler. Funny as heck too... He's currently a tag champ with Kane but the two can't stand each other. They argue and fight constantly - even in the middle of matches.

I'm definitely getting off topic now. •_•

2. DarthBoba

DarthBoba Manager Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 29, 2000
    You couldn't make it much more perfect than the Rebellion taking Coruscant.

Darthsuggs likes this.
  3. stellarmagic01

stellarmagic01 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 1, 2012
    Oh... you mean like this?

LawJedi likes this.
  4. DarthBoba

DarthBoba Manager Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 29, 2000
    Nah. More this:

[​IMG]

DarthRelaxus likes this.
  5. Han Shot First

Han Shot First Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 29, 2012
    I thought Disney said they were not taking anything from the books?

6. stellarmagic01

stellarmagic01 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 1, 2012
    I don't expect them to copy things from the books... place names, character names, and so forth will probably be used from the Expanded Universe, but that's not that big of a deal. I'd imagine that Michael Arndt has a copy of the Essential Guides and is picking up the good and usable bits to slip into the script. Jaina Solo, Jacen Solo, and maybe Ben Skywalker are quite possible protagonists for the new series... but we know next to nothing at this point.

7. Ghost

Ghost Chosen One star 8

Oct 13, 2003
    They're not adopting the books, they said it would be a fresh story.

Those aren't the books, those are my ideas.

You can have a new, original story... that doesn't contradict the books either. So it's possible to jump into the ST without knowing any of the EU and be fine, but if you know the EU then you'll know some of the background info already.

8. Jordan1Kenobi

Jordan1Kenobi SWC Jedi Draft Champion star 6 VIP - Game Winner

Sep 30, 2012
    Definitely should open with a ship flying through space to link with the other films, but which one? The Mellenium Flacon would be great! Then it could show the ship landing on a battle ground where the new characters get out and engage the enemy.

9. GlueParkEnigma

GlueParkEnigma Jedi Master star 1

Nov 10, 2012
    Maybe it could involve the force performing its will ... Another child born without a father. The second conning.

Live, Love, Learn & Laugh

10. battlefrontboy

battlefrontboy Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 17, 2012
    Luke is about to be executed by an angry anti-Jedi mob when a group of young Jedi burst in to save him.
    General Solo commands Republic troops in a great space battle.

11. Darth Vito

Darth Vito Jedi Padawan

Dec 1, 2012
    I'd like to see our new main character (or characters) introduced in the opening scene, presumably children or even grandchildren of Luke or Leia/Han. But maybe their identity shouldn't be revealed quite yet... they could go by a nickname or something, so we have better character development and aren't focused on who their parents are. Then much later in the movie, when someone is in danger, the relationship is revealed and the big 3 (or at least Luke) get more heavily involved.

I've always been baffled by the beginning of TPM. Such great material to work with - the story of a young Obi-Wan meeting Anakin, the Jedi Order in its prime, the rise of the Emperor, etc. Fans waited 20 years to be introduced to Anakin and Luke/Leia's mother, brand new characters to develop who were still key components of the overall saga. And Lucas had virtually limitless resources, money, the best special effects in the world... yet we began the whole thing with a boring, drawn-out trade dispute gone awry. There were so many better options. ANH was exciting... it drew you in from the beginning, you really got to know Luke and wanted to find out what would happen to him.

The opening of the PT should be exciting, capturing your attention from the start. There should be a heavy focus on character development and elements of intrigue which were missing from most of the PT.

12. DARTHVENGERDARTHSEAR

DARTHVENGERDARTHSEAR Force Ghost star 5

Jun 8, 2002
    They should just stick with the villains being introduced first.