main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Your theories about the main plot of Episode 8.

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by Devizz, Dec 27, 2015.

1. Rodie

Rodie Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 16, 2014

That's more like it. A scene between Kylo and Snoke where Snoke tells him he's ready, and it looks all foreboding and creepy wherever they are (please be Vader's Castle!) would be really cool. But seeing the actual training? Might be lame. Like, what would that be? Kylo flipping around being angry and emo and choking things?

JabbatheHumanBeing likes this.
  2. jedijax

jedijax Force Ghost star 6

May 2, 2013
    What's interesting is that, while TFA got some flack for mirroring ANH too much, people have no hesitation in seeing Episode VIII mirroring ESB.

Zeralyos likes this.
  3. GregMcP

GregMcP Force Ghost star 5

Jul 7, 2015
    Well... our heroine learns more about who she is and her Force powers. The Rebellion is in Trouble. It ends with one of our heroes needing rescue.

And some cool AT-AT action.

As a general outline, eh, it works fine enough.

Zeralyos and JabbatheHumanBeing like this.
  4. Thrawn082

Thrawn082 Force Ghost star 6

Jan 11, 2014
    Some plot beats will "mirror" by necessity. "Luke training Rey" for example, and the "darker" tone. But that doesn't mean that it will be done exactly the same way.

Zeralyos likes this.
  5. Imperial Reject

Imperial Reject Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 6, 2012
    here's some stuff I think may happen for Episode 8

situation similar to Rebels/Empire now that Starkiller has been destroyed the First Order will have to regroup and since they know the location of the Resistance base, the resistance will probably have a new base somewhere else, it depends we don't know the time frame for this movie could be several months to a year after TFA my guess

Finn and Poe will be a big team up in this movie since everyone loved their Bromance in TFA Finn will be a "big deal" for real in the Resistance he'll be out of his coma and maybe he'll be a leader of a squad of troopers, Poe will still be awesome and have a new black squadron

Rey will be training with Luke obviously but I think her and Luke will leave the planet at some point and join up with the resistance, I heard this was supposed to be Luke's movie his role could be as big as Han's was

Rey and Finn probably won't end up together I think Rey will be too involved with Jedi training and Finn will be too involved with the resistance there will be a love story in 8 I just can't imagine between who though i don't think they'll have as much screen time together like they did in TFA

Leia I think will be an interesting character I think in this one and in 9 I think maybe she'll have a moral crisis to deal with in these two films. There were rumors about her having a secret weapon in TFA but it wasn't used maybe that could come into play during the rest of the trilogy maybe she decides Ben can't be saved and needs to die.

I think Kylo will be less conflicted in this one I hope they don't pull an "I am your father" type reveal if there's any revelations just blurt the out like they did in TFA

I think we may find out a little more about on Snoke I think we'll see him for real in this one though

I have a feeling Hux will die in one of these films. I hope Phasma comes back and has a bigger better role and try to redeem herself, and also FN-2199 (TR-8R) needs to come back as a running gag lol

Thorin Oakenshield likes this.
  6. Lord Miggler

Lord Miggler Jedi Knight star 2

Feb 6, 2013
    Yeah if TR-8R doesn't come back I will be very very disappointed, definitely needs to have a re-match with Finn :)

Tan-Wessel likes this.
  7. JabbatheHumanBeing

JabbatheHumanBeing Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jul 14, 2015
    Gently, I would say: No. ;)

Zeralyos likes this.
  8. RC-2473

RC-2473 Jedi Master star 4

Mar 14, 2015
    will post a proper #fanfic (partly actual speculation as well) at some point but this is just my idea for the final duel cause the other thread inspired me to type this.

finn and Rey (and maybe poe too) are in the middle of a war torn city street at night. flames are everywhere, and buildings continue to crumble, separating our heroes from each other. there is a mist in the air not helped by thick smoke that makes the visibility awful. there is no music, only the sound of our leads calling out for each other. the voices grow fainter. each of them is being pursued by the entire knights of ren, and they have now been cut off from each other. poe's scream is heard in the background. ten seconds of eerie silence later, del Toro suddenly appears from the mist and attacks finn. cut to rey who is fighting another knight. they are driven further and further apart etc.eventually rey and kylo ren battle their way to a violent shoreline with an atmosphere eerily similar to the jedi massacre seen in the tfa flashback. the two desperately battle until kylo ren disables her. then, luke skywalker appears. kylo is in shell shock. he must now face his final test, but he's too scarred to move. cue epic shot of luke's stoic face with his green lightsaber glowing and a burning city street in the background. "I'm not going to kill you he says". kylo violently charges luke, but the jedi master skillfully deflects everything. the two battle, as Luke reveals the truth about vader, and explains that his hate is no match for the lightside. kylo eventually finds himself between luke and a giant ledge. luke lowers his weapon and offers kylo redemption. kylo takes this opportunity to force push luke and escape, but luke is prepared. he has finally come out of hiding and has applied his new wisdom

okay that's lame when I rush it and don't do the full thing lol

if there's a love story imo it should be between poe and one of the new female leads. maybe like a 'forbidden love' between a resistance pilot and a space pirate, like at first they're trying to kill each other and then they fall in love lol.

9. Devizz

Devizz Jedi Master star 3

Apr 30, 2014

No way that will happen. :p

10. Cyan_Dawn

Cyan_Dawn Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 3, 1999
    I expect the plot will be the continuation of the plot from TFA, which is actually the search for the first Jedi temple. Luke already made it there, now we just need to learn why he needed to go there.

11. cbyers24

cbyers24 Jedi Knight star 1

Aug 6, 2015
    What I want to see. A badass action piece with Finn and Poe. Training with Rey and her Daddy. More history about Jedi. I actually hope most of the humor makes its way in Ep.8. I really wanna see Lando too. It's not fan service if he actually helps with the story in some capacity.

12. Trooper100471

Trooper100471 Jedi Master star 3

Oct 20, 2015
    It's funny how it's almost a given that Luke will train Rey. Has this been confirmed by anyone? Saying that...I think it will happen but it would be interesting if this does not happen and they take the story on another direction.

13. Thrawn082

Jan 11, 2014
    It'd be a waste not to. And while you could build a conflict around Luke's refusal, or tension between them, you'd have to write it really well. Because the audience might very well start to find that annoying after awhile, and Luke fans would get angry at him being portrayed as a "cowardly loser failure" yet again. Also, the annoying "Rey is an OOP Mary Sue" complaints will continue.

14. DARTHVENGERDARTHSEAR

DARTHVENGERDARTHSEAR Force Ghost star 5

Jun 8, 2002
    I think they should flip it...instead of Kylo Ren looking for Rey and the Resistance, it should be Luke and his daughter :p looking for his nephew and Snoke. During this time Poe and Finn are leading an attack force on some important First Order base. Maybe to liberate the young recruits that are being trained there, also? To start off everything, how about upping the ante and make the first act catastophic? Like maybe kill off Leia and her entire command staff. Whatever it is, just make it appear that the Resistance is looking like it's going to fail, and that Luke and Rey have been captured, with the former eventually being executed in front of his daughter.

Whatever the case, just make it epic. :)

15. kip73

kip73 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 30, 2003
    Carl I'd prefer Finn to be the one who gets a girl. Poe is cool, but he's got his hands full running the X-wing squadrons and doing important missions for Leia. Finn is more the easy to relate with guy, and I think in VIII his crisis of conscience will be long over with. Your idea is good, but I think Poe's had relationships, but it seemed pretty clear that Finn might not have lol

Brennan Marshall likes this.
  16. RC-2473

RC-2473 Jedi Master star 4

Mar 14, 2015
    they could both find someone <3

narrative wise it's hard to see how poe has his hands full and this is a natural way of expanding his role and a way to add more conflict to his character development.

kip73 likes this.
  17. kip73

kip73 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 30, 2003
    Yeah maybe Carl, but I can only personally hope that all the romance doesn't distract me from cool lightsaber fights, character revelations, space battles, etc, lol

18. Thrawn082

Jan 11, 2014
    Han and Leia didn't. So unless they pull an Anakin/Padme (shudders) on us, I'm not too worried.

19. Thorin Oakenshield

Thorin Oakenshield Jedi Knight star 3

Feb 9, 2016
    I disagree. I think it would be interesting to see Luke struggle. I believe an interesting theme to explore would be the need for the Jedi and enemies they attract. Luke will struggle with the idea of training more students. Rey will have to convince him to get back into action. It will build up a great climax with Luke saving the heroes and confronting Kylo. I imagine him using both blue and green lightsabres in this scene.

whostheBossk likes this.
  20. Thorin Oakenshield

Feb 9, 2016
    It will be interesting to see Finn's role in the next movie. I wonder will he suffer from his injuries, both phyiscal and mental. It could be interesting if he is reluctant to get involved in the resistance at all.

Brennan Marshall likes this.
  21. Thorin Oakenshield

Feb 9, 2016
    I wonder will the temple itself play a part in the story.I had this idea that the temple is a powerful beacon for Force sensitive's. It's power calls out to people to come and train.Luke tells Rey that the temple can also be used to find certain people, such as her parents. He promises when she is strong enough they wil use the natural power to find them. But Kylo,through the force bond with Rey is able to see her parents to and will end up capturing them

22. Thorin Oakenshield

Feb 9, 2016
    It would be cool to see an AT-AT walking through a city

23. Thorin Oakenshield

Feb 9, 2016
    My idea is something similar to the cave in ESB. But Snoke encourages Kylo to use his weapons. Kylo starts to see visions of himself bowing before Luke. This represents the light inside him.. He see a flashback to his childhood with Leia and Han. Snoke tells him they are the anchor to the light he must first destroy the anchor or he will bow to Luke becoming a servant of the light. Snoke tells Kylo, because of his heritage that he is destined to lead the galaxyThat Luke turned away from it unable to do what is neccasary. He tells Kylo he must embrace the Dark side to become as powerful as possible so he can fulfill his familly's destiny and bring balance to the force

24. Bolt89

Bolt89 Jedi Youngling

Mar 20, 2016
    I think Captain Phasma will want her revenge against Finn. This will give us a more substantive character, and while I suspect Finn and Rey won't have much screen time together, there is the chance that Rey could end her training early to rescue him.
    We may see some sort of memorial for Han Solo, and that's where we could see Lando.
    There's going to be a big attack on the Resistance, and I'm hoping for interaction between Kylo and Leia.We'll learn more about why Kylo turned to the Dark side.
    We could see Yoda or Obi-Wan giving Rey or Luke some advice.
    Snoke will continue to pursue Rey, wanting to convert her to the dark side. Some info could be revealed about how Rey ended up on Jakku, who her family is, and if she has negative feelings towards the news. We could see Rey being pulled to the Dark and Kylo to the Light.
    Rey and Kylo will have another lightsaber battle, this time with Rey losing. Luke is going to be in the mix, confronting either Kylo or Snoke.

25. godisawesome

godisawesome Skywalker Saga Undersheriff star 6 Staff Member Manager

Dec 14, 2010
    Okay, here's some thoughts I have on this movie:

1. Invert some of the ESB story for the heroes. Where them being separated was a key component of the ESB, here, part of the idea is getting Rey and Finn reunited while getting Skywalker out of his funk and back into the he galaxy at large (reversing Yoda's exile and job as an indirect hero). Have any revelations about Rey's parentage resolved either early on, or make it focus on Rey searching for her mother. And have Luke pull a light side version of the Bespin Duel on one of the other Knights of Ren, utterly thrashing him and deconstructing the advantages of the Dark Side.

2. Explore the idea of a smaller but well managed Imperial force like the First Order fighting a larger but disorganized New Republic/Resistance military force, in a galaxy where some systems might very well be having debates as to who they support in the conflict, maybe even have someone be a separate neutral party being appealed to by Poe and Leia. I like the idea of Phasma leading the Stormtroopers in lightening strike that also target Finn, and maybe Finn trying to get other Stormtroopers to defect. Perhaps we see the First Order get Corellia or Mandalore on their side while Finn gets one group of Stormtroopers to join the New Republic.

3. Invert expectations about Snoke and Ren. I'm a believer that Snoke seems very much a Wizard of Oz style Sith Lord; an expert in manipulation, but much less bite than bark. So have Ren realize how much the dark side and his master suck, and stabilize as a villain; have him mature and maybe embrace some of the regret and loneliness of his decisions, but maybe have him still rationalize and replace blame on others, like Demona from Gargoyles. Have him defeat some big enemy to demonstrate his resurgence; perhaps he kills Hux and seizes control of the military directly, or he manages to rally the wavering First Order forces and win the last battle. And yeah, have some kind of confrontation with Rey; however, I think a draw fits better than just having him win or lose outright. Let's see these two as equals now.

whostheBossk likes this.