main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Social Your Unpopular Star Wars 7 Opinion

Discussion in 'Archive: Disney Era Films' started by CConn, Nov 3, 2012.

1. CConn

CConn Jedi Youngling

Jan 10, 2005
    Okay, basically, what are some things you'd love to see, but you know everyone else would probably hate?

For example:

1. I'd like 7 to take place pretty soon after ROTJ and feature a recast of the original characters, all still in their 30s.

2. I'd like the overall presentation and tone of 7 to be most similar to The Force Unleashed rather than the PT, Clone Wars, etc.

Dra--- likes this.
  2. GeneralCeel

GeneralCeel Jedi Padawan star 2

Nov 4, 2005
    A return to Otoh Gunga

Darth_Kiryan and JediMJS like this.
  3. poor yorick

poor yorick Ex-Mod star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP - Game Host

Jun 25, 2002
    I'd like the ST to be set long after the OT, with all new everything.

Bowen, Darth_Kiryan, Varactyl and 5 others like this.
  4. GeneralCeel

Nov 4, 2005
    Lots of new things are a given, but it would be nice some familiar places, faces, ships, props etc.. to help connect things. It would be especially cool to go back to a couple OT locations, not visited since those films were released. Tatooine has had plenty of screen time.... but aside from that...

5. phatdude1138

phatdude1138 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 2, 2005
    I actually like the idea of both of these.

I'm one of few people from the 1970s that actually like Jar-Jar. I'd LOVE to see some Gungans. I'm not sure how long they live, but if Jar-Jar was like 20 in TPM, he'd be about 70 or 80 in EPVII. He couldn't be a main character, but it would be cool to see him meet up with C3PO and the rest of the current heros and tell of his days back in the clone wars. Most EVERYONE would hate it, but I'd love it.

Also I'd like Rick McCallum to be involved somehow, and I know that is an unpopular idea as in other threads people expressed their hate for that idea.

Jarren_Lee-Saber likes this.
  6. tekkamansoul

tekkamansoul Jedi Knight star 1

Oct 31, 2012
    I'd like it to be PG-13, be fairly serious, have no child actors, feature a resurgence of sith and jedi, take place long enough after RotJ so that Mark Hamil can reprise his role as a master, and focus on characters that are unrelated to the Solos or the Skywalkers.

7. tom

tom Chosen One star 8

Mar 14, 2004
    i think robocop should make an appearance.

8. Healer_Leona

Healer_Leona Squirrel Wrangler of Fun & Games star 9 Staff Member Manager

Jul 7, 2000
    this. Except for Qui-Gon Jinn. Qui-Gon Jinn should be in it.

Jarren_Lee-Saber and ophelia like this.
  9. TaradosGon

TaradosGon Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 28, 2003
    1. No EU. Just don't worry about it. Borrowing names is fine, but beyond that the adventures need to be completely new. Don't adapt anything. And don't worry if something needs to be retconned to tell a good story.
    2. No Sith.
    3. Not as Jedi-centric as the PT. The secular elements of the Galaxy should have a louder voice following re-claiming the Galaxy from the Sith.
    4. The Imperial Remant should not be the antagonists.
    5. Luke should die like Obi-Wan did and how Gandalf fell to separate the mentor from the main protagonists and to eliminate this powerful individual to create a sense of the protagonist being in way over their head without his help.
    6. The villains should be something completely new. Not Sith and not any villains established in the EU.

morrison85 and BobbySharp like this.
  10. CoolyFett

CoolyFett Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 3, 2003
    Basically everything that has been said here. I want the 6 movies to be honored. For the last 10 years fans have fought to unite & separate the 2 trilogies. Now that they are finally seen as one unit by extending it, we create more arguments & infighting. Buy making a new movie that is apart of 13hrs of footage is not good. So either make an all new movie that has nothing to do with The Great 6 or if people really need to see Luke & Han again, then reboot it. Star Wars is such a big world, We don't neeed to see Luke anymore. I'm not sure my opinion is unpopular, but the Luke Han story is done in my eyes. If people really need to see Luke again, then bring in new actors & tell another story.

11. GeneralCeel

Nov 4, 2005

Bowen likes this.
  12. CConn

CConn Jedi Youngling

Jan 10, 2005
    I would like to see Star Wars eventually rebooted.

The concepts behind both the OT and the PT are so expensive, that it would be really interesting to me to see them redone, with a different creative mind behind them, with today's resources and technology.

13. CoolyFett

Feb 3, 2003
    I've had enough of Luke Skywalker! A great trilogy would be something like LOTR or Never Ending Story. Where there is an ultimate goal to accomplish, Less humans. Put a human, a driod, a gungan, a wookie, a kaminoin & a twilek on a mission, build the characters up, kill some off & have them beat the villian in the end. I love the star wars world, but this lust for Luke Skywalker is nutty to me.

14. LawJedi

LawJedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 11, 2009
    1. I would be genuinely disappointed if the ST wasn't the most CGI-rich set of movies ever made. Right down to the CGI back-flipping lightsaber dueling Old Luke.
    2. I would love for this trilogy not to become a cynical Gen X exercise in responding to the PT/SE, with winking references to Gungans and so-and-so shooting first.
    3. It would be heartbreaking to not see Tatooine again.

15. CoolyFett

Feb 3, 2003
    There are so many characters, vehicles, worlds that can be created on screen. Star Wars is what I love not one or two charactersused the established world & create newness.

16. CoolyFett

Feb 3, 2003
    _ love to see the saga retold as well, but not in live actionn form, an animated 11 version of that story of the rise & fall of Palpatine would be great.

17. CConn

CConn Jedi Youngling

Jan 10, 2005
    While I think it's good to mirror it on the OT, I do hope the filmmakers realize that the OT just wouldn't cut it in today's day and age of filmmaking. Everything needs to be bigger, more epic, more sophisticated, and more explosive.

Directors like Nolan and Arnofsky and and newcomers like Rian Johnson have redefined both the blockbuster and sci-fi genre, and that needs to be acknowledged and continued.

18. CoolyFett

Feb 3, 2003
    I wanna see something that is new & pays homage to everything that happened between TPM & ROTJ. Keep the Jedi in the background. I want to see smugglers smuggle & bounty hunters ACTUALLY capture their targets. I wanna see an adventure with sacrife & character driven. I don't car to see Luke pass the stupid torch.

19. CoolyFett

Feb 3, 2003
    Lol at people who want to see the OT again, its the reason the PT was put down unfairly.

20. EviL_eLF

EviL_eLF Force Ghost star 5

Mar 16, 2003
    I do not want either Fisher or Ford to reprise their roles. Only Mark Hamill is back only to die off in the first film of the ST.

21. Uncle Owen

Uncle Owen Jedi Master star 4

Feb 16, 1999
  22. CConn

CConn Jedi Youngling

Jan 10, 2005
    No, the PT was put down extremely fairly.

Dra---, Jedi_Lover and Blazer-Smith like this.
  23. ezekiel22x

ezekiel22x Chosen One star 5

Aug 9, 2002
    I don't mind about not going back to Tatooine, but I couldn't agree more with your first two points. In general I'd like this trilogy to stand on its own in a variety of ways. The OT was lived-in and gritty with the visuals, the PT lush and painterly-like with its blend of CGI and traditional locales. For the new films I'd go with a vaguely dreamlike approach to the visual design. Something that embraces CGI in a manner that boldly articulates that, yes, the images you're seeing are not real even though there is an ethereal substance to them. I'd lean away from Lucas's general science fantasy mash-up (since he already did it so well over six films) and go in a direction that's either more solidly science fiction or fantasy. I'd like a plot that's more plotless. I don't want a Han Solo stand-in. I'd like to see new reoccurring lines and in-jokes established rather than going back to things like "I have a bad feeling about this." If there has to be a major romance, I'd like it to be more subdued that what we've seen in the series thus far.

Basically I'd like to see a new director actually bring his own vision to the setting and ongoing narrative.

24. EviL_eLF

EviL_eLF Force Ghost star 5

Mar 16, 2003
    You can't change Star Wars to strictly Sci-fi... it HAS to be Sci-fi Fantasy! It wouldn't be Star Wars if it wasn't!

Julius Vernon likes this.
  25. stellarmagic01

stellarmagic01 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 1, 2012
    I want Episode VII to overwrite or remove the NJO and Legacy era EU but keep Zahn. Which it will, if Episode VII, VIII, and IX are about Luke and Leia's kids as most indicators seem to point toward and considering how much more attentive Lucas was when Zahn wrote the first ones then they'll probably remain.