main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Social Your Unpopular Star Wars 7 Opinion

Discussion in 'Archive: Disney Era Films' started by CConn, Nov 3, 2012.

1. CoolyFett

CoolyFett Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 3, 2003
    I
    Do to, mainly the gungans because they remind me of germans & Ii really enjoy germans. Hopefully they can do this.

JediKnightOB1 likes this.
  2. honeybadger

honeybadger Jedi Knight star 1

Nov 4, 2012
    That is possibly the best post on the entire internet.

LawJedi likes this.
  3. -NaTaLie-

-NaTaLie- Force Ghost star 4

Nov 5, 2001
    No Mandalorians. Let them stay in EU.

4. InterestingLurker

InterestingLurker Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 15, 2011
    No Boba Fett. Let him stay dead.

5. YellowSaberMaster

YellowSaberMaster Jedi Master star 1

Jan 21, 2003
    Here, you judge whether it's unpopular or not (some of these are to me, others not-so-much):
    1. There will be some hook for little kids to sink their teeth into, i.e. expect gungans, ewoks, jawas or another "cutesy" inferior race / red herring storyline.
    2. New editions of the movies will be released on home media once again which we'll all have to buy... again. "NOOOOOOO!!!"
    3. Unless a Sam Jackson "superfan"-type actor is cast for a role, don't expect any lightsaber colors other than red-blue-green.
    4. Following the formula the other 2 trilogies followed, VII ~ IX will be fairly self-contained. Attached to the SW mythos but resolved after the third one.
    5. There WILL be a romance side story of some sort.

Would you miss: The Millennium Falcon? Chewbacca? Yoda? Stormtroopers? Boba Fett / Mandalorians / bounty hunters? Anyone in the Skywalker clan? Basically if you wouldn't - stick with the videogames / EU canon. Otherwise they will all rear their heads somehow, mark my words.

BTW the whole premise is: please Lucas with the outcome, and honor his storyline treatments. There'll be Lucas-like elements throughout these sequels whether you like it or not. EU, videogames, comic books, even toy lines are all marketing / have their own manner in which they add to the story. These are movies, which is where it all began. (Hence the term "canon.") So if we focus on VII ~ IX being MOVIES with MOVIE ELEMENTS / STORYTELLING, go back and look at the OT & PT, how they were laid out. There's the templates right there.

6. CoolyFett

Feb 3, 2003
    Bobafet teaming up with JangoFett would be awesome. Id love to see something like that.

7. The-Eternal-Hero

The-Eternal-Hero Jedi Knight star 4

Nov 3, 2012
    Temura would have to play both roles, with both in "old man" make up!!

8. LawJedi

LawJedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 11, 2009
    CoolyFett you are truly a national treasure to whatever nation it is you call home. Never change.

Artoo-Dion and honeybadger like this.
  9. Merlin_Ambrosius69

Merlin_Ambrosius69 Jedi Master star 5

Aug 4, 2008
    It's an old word that pre-dates George Lucas's birth by several centuries.

So... why?

10. CoolyFett

Feb 3, 2003
    Thank You. I respect all people.

LawJedi likes this.
  11. tekkamansoul

tekkamansoul Jedi Knight star 1

Oct 31, 2012
    Persnickity. Codswallop. Lampoon.
    All words that predate Lucas (not sure what you were driving at there) but just sound absurd.
    Younglings sounds way out of place and is a bad choice. What's wrong with the word 'children'?

Julius Vernon and krtmd like this.
  12. Ridley Solo

Ridley Solo Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 27, 2010
    ^ What about 'Whippersnapper'? if Luke or any of the Big Three use 'you young whippersnapper' in a sentence it would be [face_rofl]

13. KED12345

KED12345 Jedi Master star 4

Sep 10, 2012
    I think that Han and Luke should get into a major argument over Leia or the death of someone close to them, to the point were Han bursts in the room and pops Luke right in the nose saying "you've come a hell of a long way from that innocent and idealistic farmboy that we picked up on Tatooine."

14. Arawn_Fenn

Arawn_Fenn Chosen One star 7

Jul 2, 2004
    And then Luke Force chokes him.

15. FRAGWAGON

FRAGWAGON Jedi Master star 4

Nov 3, 2012
    Youngling describes "who" they are, not "what". There's a difference between a child and a Jedi Youngling. It's not out of place, much less "way out of place". How is it out of place? I understand if you don't like it, everyone has their preferences....but wow

16. Teasser38

Teasser38 Jedi Youngling

Nov 1, 2012
    Not darker but more postmodern in theme. The remains of the Empire in chaos. Han and Leia die senselessly. An aging insane Luke. Young Heros struggling to understand what this all has to do with the Will of the Force.

17. tekkamansoul

tekkamansoul Jedi Knight star 1

Oct 31, 2012
    Wow what? I'm not the only one, by far, that thinks that word sounds dumb.
    This is a thread for our opinions, after all ;)

thesevegetables likes this.
  18. Cantina Bassist

Cantina Bassist Jedi Knight star 2

Nov 5, 2012
    It's beyond dumb. Padawan is dumb. Then you have the "ascension guns" from Episode I. What is this? L. Ron Hubbard?

19. Iron_lord

Iron_lord Chosen One star 10

Sep 2, 2012
    Given how often it was used in Mercedes Lackey novels (which I like) that predated Ep I, I don't have a problem with "youngling".

20. thesevegetables

thesevegetables Jedi Knight star 4

Nov 11, 2012
    If it's NJO, they don't even have Padawan anymore.
    The main characters who are all related to Skywalker have actual personal Masters, but everyone else is one in a classroom of other students, with a supervising full Jedi.

21. Iron_lord

Iron_lord Chosen One star 10

Sep 2, 2012
    Post-NJO novels use the term Padawan though.

22. Trebor Sabreon

Trebor Sabreon Former Manager star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 15, 2010
    Well, one of my opinions that may be unpopular is that I want Luke Skywalker to survive the Sequel Trilogy, walking off alone to an uncertain future in the end. - Unpopular because I know many are looking for Luke to pass away during these films.

Another thing I'd like to see is Boba Fett make a return to Star Wars films in Episode VII. I'd like to see him survive the films, as well, and in so doing, put to rest the bickering bewtween the Boba lives / died in the Sarlaac camps. - Unpopular for the folks who insist Boba is dead. Unpoular to those who simply feel there is no place for Fett in the films.

Finally, I'd like to see Luke have a son to pass the Jedi Order down to for the future. I also want this son, let's call him "Ben Skywalker" (even though I'm not hung up on Ben being the name), to finally purge the God-awful images of the ginger-haired, freckle-faced fug that often passes for Ben Skywalker in the EU. I feel fairly strongly that any son of Luke Skywalker should have dirty blonde to light brown hair and fair skin, just as his father and grandfather before him. - These probably bother more people than my other choices, as many want the EU to have no place in the new films and to those who do want to see the EU appear, my image of Ben Skywalker is probably highly diagreeable. Yeah, I know Mara Jade was a red head. I don't care. Nothing against her. She looks good with it. Skywalkers are not gingers! :D

23. jedimikey

jedimikey Jedi Padawan star 2

Oct 21, 2012
    Apparently, any kind of adherence to the EU, however minimal, is unpopular.

Personally, I would like certain dead characters to stay dead. While I would never demand that they follow all EU events to the letter, I do expect them to stand by significant events (ie; deaths of Chewbacca, Jaicen and Anikin Solo, Mara Jade Skywalker, Jaina being more of a pilot than Jedi Knight, and it'd be nice if Thrawn or Palleon were referred to).

I do want an original story, and I don't want any existing stories adapted to the big screen (that's not entirely true, because I want to see the Thrawn trilogy done in CGI like Avatar was). I also never want to see a remake of any existing movies. EVER.

24. Jordan1Kenobi

Jordan1Kenobi SWC Jedi Draft Champion star 6 VIP - Game Winner

Sep 30, 2012
    I'd really like to see Ashoka Tano in it, she'd pretty much be another Shaak Ti but with a bigger role.
    I'd also really like to see a new Jedi Council with 12 Jedi, and Luke being the leader, having the role that Yoda had.

25. Arawn_Fenn

Arawn_Fenn Chosen One star 7

Jul 2, 2004
    It wasn't used in Episode I, but Lucas may have taken it from Rogue Planet which predated AOTC.