main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Amph "You're making me angry." - The Incredible Hulk

Discussion in 'Community' started by Jedi_Master_Conor, Aug 17, 2006.

1. Jedi_Master_Conor

Jedi_Master_Conor Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 24, 2005
    Bumping to the next page so it's on top. Important info.

2. Jedi_Master_Conor

Jedi_Master_Conor Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 24, 2005
    The music score is being released on June 10th. Its a big one. 2 disc set. It is being done by Craig Armstrong.

Here are the track listings:

Disc: 1
    1. The Arctic
    2. Main Title
    3. Rocinha Favela
    4. A Drop of Blood
    5. The Flower
    6. Ross' Team
    7. Mr. Blue
    8. Favela Escape
    9. It Was Banner
    10. That Is The Target
    11. Bruce Goes Home (with "The Lonely Man" performed by Craig Armstrong, written by Joseph Harnell (ASCAP))
    12. Ross And Blonsky
    13. Return To Culver University
    14. The Lab
    15. Reunion
    16. The Data/The Vial
    17. They're Here
    18. Give Him Everything You've Got
    19. Bruce Can't Stay
    20. First Injection
    21. Is it safe?
    22. Hulk Theme
    Disc: 2
    1. Saved From The Flames
    2. Grotto
    3. Arrival At The Motel
    4. I Can't
    5. Abomination Alley
    6. Bruce Found
    7. Bruce Looks For The Data
    8. NYC Cab Ride
    9. The Mirror
    10. Sterns' Lab
    11. Bruce Darted
    12. I Want It, I Need It
    13. Blonsky Transforms
    14. Bruce Must Do It
    15. Harlem Brawl
    16. Are They Dead?
    17. Hulk Smash
    18. Hulk And Betty
    19. A Tear
    20. Who's We?
    21. The Necklace
    22. Bruce And Betty
    23. Hulk Theme (End Credits)

3. Sith_Lord_Linkoping

Sith_Lord_Linkoping Jedi Knight star 5

Jan 19, 2001
  4. Jedi Merkurian

Jedi Merkurian Future Films Rumor Naysayer star 7 Staff Member Manager

May 25, 2000
    So who's doing the score? The last one definately wasn't Elfman's best work...

5. Spiderfan

Spiderfan Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 9, 2004
    I loved his score for the last one because it sounded nothing like his other scores...for once.

6. Sith_Lord_Linkoping

Sith_Lord_Linkoping Jedi Knight star 5

Jan 19, 2001
  7. Vortigern99

Vortigern99 Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 12, 2000
    Yeah, those clips are, well, in a word... incredible. The movie looks spectacular.

8. Nameless1138

Nameless1138 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 13, 2006

Craig Armstrong is the doing the score for the film. He's done some pretty good stuff, and the compilation album Piano Works is quite good.

9. Dark_Jedi_Kenobi

Dark_Jedi_Kenobi Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 3, 2004
    I agree, I'm impressed with some of the clips we've seen, much more so than the original trailer.

10. darth_nemisis

darth_nemisis Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 15, 2004
    So, I am unusually excited about this film. Edward Norton has to be one of my favorite actors (in the top 3 for me), and I am really excited to see him take on this role. I am really interested in seeing how well the movie is script wise since I know he (co?)wrote the script. So, I am looking forward to it.

11. darth-nemisis

darth-nemisis Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 16, 2005
    Found this new tv spot with Tony Stark in it. Not sure if this has already been posted. Thought I woudl bring it up. :) Looks good.

12. Vortigern99

Nov 12, 2000
    Tragically, the vid won't play for me. :(

Glad to hear Stark is in it, though! [face_dancing]

13. Spiderfan

Spiderfan Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 9, 2004
    Well it would just be a huge ****tease to cut him out now. However it felt a little out of place for a trailer, like they were just using those shots to try to take advantage of Iron Man's success. :p It may be smart marketing but somehow to be it feels a little exploitive. Loved the subway joke though.

14. darth-nemisis

darth-nemisis Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 16, 2005
    I am sure that is the only reason they put that out there. :p Now people will be like: Ooh! Iron Man is in it! ~goes to watch it~

15. Darth-Lando

Darth-Lando Jedi Grand Master star 6

Aug 12, 2002
    I saw that trailer last night during American Dad. I knew he would be making a cameo but it was cool to see it nonetheless.

16. DT421

DT421 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 6, 2003
    This review is promising. This part particularly has me loving it:

"As Blonsky and Ross conspire to increase their chances of catching the Hulk, we learn that Banner was unaware he was being manipulated by the military during his initial experiments. That it was part of the rebirth of the original Super-Soldier program from World War II. We even see a vial of Gamma juice with the name of the inventor of the Super-Soldier serum, Dr. Reinstein.

This nifty story twist, plus a now well-known cameo appearance in the film, all serve as nice threads for the growing Marvel Movie-verse (as well as set the stage for the upcoming Captain America and Avengers movies)."

17. JediMasterGuff

JediMasterGuff Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 18, 2002
    Just got back from seeing it.

The Tony Stark scene, which was clearly supposed to be after the credits, is now shown before the credits start, which is slightly annoying. Considering the *real* ending of the film is a pretty cool shot.

18. Vortigern99

Nov 12, 2000
    It sounds like they're really making an effort to make each Marvel movie a set-up for the next one. I think that's sweet as all heck.

19. Yodaminch

Yodaminch Chosen One star 6

Mar 6, 2002
    So does that mean I don't have to wait for a bunch of credits or is there some other scene after that?

20. JediMasterGuff

JediMasterGuff Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 18, 2002
    Nothing after the credits.

21. ApolloSmileGirl

ApolloSmileGirl Jedi Knight star 8

Jun 18, 2004
    To be fair, I know a lot of people missed the Nick Fury cameo because they didn't stay after the credits.

22. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    Just got back from seeing it- and it was significantly better than I had expected it to be. I had kept my expectations in check going into the film, willing to be pleasantly surprised by the flick, and I certainly was. there are some fantastic sequences here- from the chase through the brazilian rooftops (which is just a visually amazing location to film in) to the sonic cannon assault (the moment with the shields was the moment it seems the film sold itself to the audience, myself and my friend included- and evokes some vague Planet Hulk imagery) to the brutal final fight (kinda hard not to love the police car gloves). It all ends up being very intense, and I think that's the word to sum up the film: intensity.

Norton is real solid in the role, and Bronsky is a believable badass. William Hurt isn't given too much to do outside of issuing commands froma truck, though, and Liza as Betty doesn't have a lot to work with, but they all do get some small moments at least. I suspect they'll be most served by the extended footage on the DVD,

23. Vortigern99

Nov 12, 2000
    Reviews seem pretty solid so far. I'm going this afternoon!

EDIT: My local free paper gave it 3 1/2 stars!!

24. Vortigern99

Nov 12, 2000
    I just came back from seeing it. Here's my initial response, to be followed later by a more thoughtful review:

Whereas Iron Man was a mostly-great movie with a decent/underwhelming climax, Incredible Hulk is a good movie with an incredible climax -- making it, overall, a great movie. It preserves the spirit and the heart of the Marvel characters in a very laudable way, and while it is a "loud, furious action movie" (in the best sense of the term), it is also underscored with scenes of tender emotion and lighthearted humor. 4 stars!

25. Reynar_Tedros

Reynar_Tedros Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jul 3, 2006
    That pretty much sums it up for me.