main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Art Archive "You're my only hope..." Star Wars fans deliver me!

Discussion in 'Fan Art' started by joe_wight, Apr 1, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. joe_wight

joe_wight Jedi Youngling

Apr 1, 2007
    Hi all. I'm currently doing a chibi Star Wars alphabet over on Deviantart. I'm trying to keep it all Original Trilogy characters, but I cannot find an original character's name starting with the letter "Q"!
    I'm up to the letter "O", and I'm getting nervous. Does anyone know an Original Trilogy character that begins with "Q"?
    I've exhausted all books and ref I have.

Check out my Star Wars chibi art (and several non-chibi Star Wars) here:

http://joewight.deviantart.com/gallery/

Don't forget to look in my "scraps" gallery for more Star Wars, and please help me with the letter "Q"!

Thanks everybody.

2. Corran_Fett

Corran_Fett Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 17, 2005
    Quite a tough call....

Maybe a Quarren? Or (non-OT) Qui-Gon? Quinlan Vos, Qwi Xux Ooryl Qrygg from the EU...

Nothing else I can think off, sorry.... but, great artwork, man, I think I fav'd one or two of 'em already. :cool:

3. academygrad88

academygrad88 Jedi Master star 5

Apr 6, 2004
    I would say to look up the letter Q in the Star Wars encyclopedia: http://theforce.net/swenc/entryclass.asp?search=Q

Does it have to be a character? Could you use Han's Quad-Laser cannons?

By the way, your art is very well done!

AG88

4. DarthMikus

DarthMikus Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 24, 2005
    Hey, Joe
    Nice to see you made it here to these fine boards.
    Once people figure out who you are, they're going to go ape crap over your work here.

5. BIEREN

BIEREN Jedi Knight star 3

Oct 12, 2005
    Very impressive work!!!

6. Giolon05

Giolon05 Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 3, 2005
    Well, if you're ruling out the PT, then your only hope is "'Q' is for Quarren," as far as I know off the top of my head. From looking at the Star Wars wookieepedia pages, there are a few other listed species starting w/ Q, one of them being "Quara" which is subspecies of Aqualish, represented by Ponda Baba in ANH. For ESB, the only character is Corman Quien, a random tauntaun hander in Echo Base. Finally for ROTJ, there's J'Quill. Not quite starting with Q, but there you have it. There's also a few Droids w/ Q's in their names across the movies, but none that start with it.

Welcome to the boards!

7. joe_wight

joe_wight Jedi Youngling

Apr 1, 2007
    You guys rock.

I knew I'd come to the right place.

Looks like I can do the Quarren Tessek from ROTJ (I have enough ref pics from the Chronicles book).

I had hoped to do all character names, but some letters are already going to be species, so this'll work well.

I'm gonna browse the online encylopedia for some of the other troublesome letters, but I think I'm good to go.

Should I keep you guys updated on any new alphabet pics here or begin a thread at the cantina?

Thanks again, everybody!

8. Giolon05

Nov 3, 2005
    I'm sure everyone here would enjoy it. If you talk to the right people, you can even get yourself some red letters.

9. ShrunkenJedi

ShrunkenJedi Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 26, 2003
    Love this series... I faved the Vader :D. Q, though... yeah, I guess Quarren is probably your best bet. :p

10. DarthGizka

DarthGizka Jedi Youngling

Aug 4, 2005
    As others said---all I can think of is Quarren.[face_thinking]

I'll check out your DA page!

11. soitscometothis

soitscometothis Chosen One star 6

Jul 11, 2003
    Hmm...the Original Trilogy? Quality script and Quality acting?[face_mischief]

12. FalconFan

FalconFan Jedi Master star 4

Jul 25, 2004
    Wow!! I finally got into your gallery and looked at some of your work--it's awesome!! =D= This is the greatest idea (and I can't imagine any little Star Wars fan who wouldn't want this set as "flash cards," lol! Wonderful detailing (it seems so much more than chibi to me--lots of realistic touches in each one), great colors--just terrific work! Can't wait to see the rest (and am heading back over to prowl through the entire gallery! ;) )!

FF

13. joe_wight

joe_wight Jedi Youngling

Apr 1, 2007
    Finally, a new chibi...

http://www.deviantart.com/deviation/53895005/

14. FalconFan

Jul 25, 2004
    "O" my!! [face_laugh] ;)

This is so great (and I love that you used older Obi Wan for it, too--Sir Alec will always be the ultimate Obi Wan for me! :) )! Just curious: will you be trying to get these licensed as a flash-card or collector set...? They're all just awesome, and I think it'd be worth the effort to try--you might just want to truck them all to C4 and see if anyone will look at them (the Topps folks or other card companies); I think you'd get a good response to these! :D

FF

15. joe_wight

joe_wight Jedi Youngling

Apr 1, 2007
    Thanks FF! My reasons for not attending C4 I'll keep to myself, as they are childish and rather petty. I'm sure I'll figure something out to do with these chibis (if I ever get 'em all done)!

To that end, "There's one! Set for stun!":

http://www.deviantart.com/deviation/54875259/

16. FalconFan

Jul 25, 2004
    I love her!! She looks so great: her intense expression (those brows are wonderful!), the pose and the lovely shading on her gown. All fabulous! This is going to be such a great collection when it's done! :D

FF

17. joe_wight

joe_wight Jedi Youngling

Apr 1, 2007
    Glad you liked it, FF!

Three more uploaded, getting closer....

http://joewight.deviantart.com/gallery/

Included in this new batch is the Quarren. Many, many thanks to you guys at Force.net for helping me find this guy and keep my alphabet Original Trilogy!

18. Ty_Ordell

Ty_Ordell Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 7, 2002
    Once again I must state how incredible these are. My wife thinks they're adoreable. They'd be great as little figures too. And I think you should seriously approach Lucasfilm to turn these into a childrens book.

19. Giolon05

Nov 3, 2005
    OMG chibi Leia is sooooooo cute! Ha ha, I love it! I've been enjoying this little series very much. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.