main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

You're the Sith Lord...

Discussion in 'Archive: Revenge of the Sith' started by sushimilk, Jan 14, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. yoshifett

yoshifett Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 17, 2004
    Anakin vs. Sidious would be a very short battle. If Sidious wanted to kill Anakin durning the time period of ROTS, I'm sure he could have. Even Obi-Wan defeats Anakin, and he's no where close to the level of Yoda, Mace, and Sidious.

2. SithStarSlayer

SithStarSlayer Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 23, 2003
    Ahhh, Yoshi!

I must disagree my e-friend.

See IMO, Vader lost against Obi-wan. And, I see that quite differently than when someone says: "Kenobi defeated Vader".

Not meant to stir another debate, its just how I see it.

Very simply: Vader lost, but Obi-wan didn't beat him. His foolishness/arrogance are what afforded Kenobi the oppurtunity to win. Had Vader not made the "Idiot-Jump", Kenobi would be dead. But I digress...

Because I don't believe that Obi-wan beat him, I believe that Vader versus Sidious would be a lot closer than people think.

HERE's why:

Anakin would have held the assasination attempts on Padme's life, against Sidious. His great Love would have instantly turned into a great hate, and it would have taken Sid's "A" game to repel a completely pissed off Anakin...

*runs for cover*

:D

AWDY?

3. Master_EdgeCrusher

Master_EdgeCrusher Jedi Knight star 3

Dec 21, 2005
    I believe this whole heartedly. I watch the deleted tracks and even Sid is trying to get Ani to let the baggage go. Intersting though!!!!

4. SithStarSlayer

Oct 23, 2003
    Yeah, I tend to lean to the Anakin was more powerful side of things.

BASH AWAY!!
    (Heck, might as well flame me, we only got 3 dayz left...LOL)

IN his grief (as weakened/suited Vader) he wrecked an entire room. ALL WITHOUT THINKING!!

I can't imagine how deep his rage would have been. Sidious would have had his hands full.

Sidious even stated that Anakin was more powerful than Dooku. Add his unbridled anger to the mix and I think he would have pwned Sidious...

AWDY?

5. yoshifett

Apr 17, 2004
    I don't know. I think Anakin had a lot of untapped potential, but he just wasn't there yet in ROTS. Sidious was certainly more impressive with his use of the force in ROTS. Destroying a room with his anger was no match for Sidious' pod flinging against Yoda.
    Do you think Anakin would have beaten Yoda in ROTS?

6. GrievousKiller

GrievousKiller Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 20, 2005
    HELL NO!!!!!!!!!!
    If obi can beat anakin, yoda can flat out beat the crap outta him

7. Master_EdgeCrusher

Dec 21, 2005
    that would be another fight of the century!!!!!!I would give him a good chance! but is that with or without force powers!!!! I also think that if Yoda did use forcethen Ani would get pissed off and lash as he did against Dooku!!!!

8. yoshifett

Apr 17, 2004
    I don't think that Jedi/Sith can fight without force powers. The way the wield a lightsaber is inextricably linked to their use of the force.

9. Master_EdgeCrusher

Dec 21, 2005
    which reminds me what force power was that? The FORCE CRUSH MILLENIUM?

10. darth-sinister

darth-sinister Manager Emeritus star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 28, 2001
    This discussion about Vader's abilities belongs in the other threads like this topic. The main topic here is whether Anakin would've killed Palpatine, had he not talked about Plagueis.

11. SithStarSlayer

Oct 23, 2003

I think his anger would have drilled a big hole right into his potential Yoshi. As yoo can tell by my signature, I think Sidious has the most power of any Force user in the saga. That doesn't mean I think he could have handled Anakin, who at that point, totally and utterly hates him for trying to whack his wife.

To answer your question Yoshi, I have to say no. Anakin would not have had the same drive to slay Yoda as he would have for Sidious. Any man who has ever been married, or for that matter ever been in love with a woman, knows the rage I speak of.

I had a neighbor once who made the mistake of yelling at my wife who had unknowingly parked in his spot right when we first moved in. Let me tell you how close I came to ending his pathetic existence:
    --->I<--- about that far!!

So I have to stay true to my own colors, Anakin would have been more than a match for Sidious without the Opera scene.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.