main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Amph Yours For Only $29.99*, $34.99 in Canada: Black Widow [July 2021]

Discussion in 'Community' started by Bilbo Fett, Dec 2, 2019.

1. Master_Lok

Master_Lok Force Ghost star 6

Dec 18, 2012
    @PymParticles agreed that Black Widow should have been done years ago. I am going to enjoy seeing this on the big screen.

2. Jordan1Kenobi

Jordan1Kenobi SWC Jedi Draft Champion star 6 VIP - Game Winner

Sep 30, 2012
    I’m pretty sure Taskmaster won’t be the main villain, but Iron Maiden and Yelena will be. They’re her enemies in the comics after all.

Darth Chiznuk likes this.
  3. Juliet316

Juliet316 Chosen One star 10

Apr 27, 2005
    If Yelena is being positioned to take Natasha's place as Black Widow in the MCU, perhaps they do something similar to what they did with Gamora in Guardians of the Galaxy: Somebody who starts out on the bad guys team and ends up joining the good guys by the end.

Last edited: Dec 3, 2019
    Darth Chiznuk and Master_Lok like this.
  4. Sith_Sensei__Prime

Sith_Sensei__Prime Chosen One star 6

May 22, 2000
    The teaser trailer is better than I expected. To me, it felt like an actual a covert operations type of film, like a Bourne, Atomic Blonde or Mission Impossible style of flick. I think that helps with adding a different type of flavor to the MCU.

This appears to be sort of a handing off the Black Widow mantle to Nat's sister and possibly a precursor to a Disney+ series, or perhaps potential appearances by characters into Falcon and the Winter Soldier. I don't know, just thinking out loud of all the potential and threads this movie could make and how it will tie into future MCU films and of course the bigger picture.

I like the Red Guardian fitting into his old costume like it was his high school football uniform.

Florence Pugh is pulling off the accent to me and I like that in the teaser she goes toe-to-toe with Nat and calls her sister.

EHT, Gamiel, Jordan1Kenobi and 3 others like this.
  5. Healer_Leona

Healer_Leona Squirrel Wrangler of Fun & Games star 9 Staff Member Manager

Jul 7, 2000
    This movie still doesn't interest me. Looks like the generic Bond/Mission Impossible/Bourne genre that I find mostly boring.

6. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    Yeah, that's my guess too. Taskmaster will be more of a henchman while Iron Maiden is the true villain. I think the "family" will be split with Natasha and Red Guardian on one side and Iron Maiden and Yelena on the other but Yelena will switch sides before the end.

Juliet316 likes this.
  7. Master_Lok

Dec 18, 2012
    Haha...Red Guardian with the Russian mob tattoos,

As per Wikipedia and other sources:

The stars on his collar bone-shoulders = "Stars – Indicate authority. On the shoulders or the knees ("I kneel to no-one"). The eight-pointed star denotes rank as thief in law..."

It looks like he has Rachel's character tattooed above his heart.:p

The Orthodox church indicates "a thief, usually a chest tattoo, with the number of cupolas indicating the number of convictions." (So Red has had at least two convictions for stealing. Very useful in covert operations.)

Also, the eyes tattooed between the church cupolas look like Nat's. Those eyes generally mean "I am watching over you."

Not sure what the wings around the neck and the roses are, but someone has done their homework with these. =D=

8. Sith_Sensei__Prime

Sith_Sensei__Prime Chosen One star 6

May 22, 2000
    To narrow time window of this movie, I vaguely remember seeing something during the D23 convention that the Black Widow movie takes place shortly after Civil War where Tony tells Nat to watch her back or something to that effect. Nat has to go underground like Captain America as she was complicit in aiding Cap's and Bucky's escape in Civil War. Obviously occurs before she meets up with Steve and Sam. But it's very doubtful that Chris Evans would appear in this film (that's not a flashback to previous footage).

Master_Lok likes this.
  9. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
  10. gezvader28

gezvader28 Chosen One star 6

Mar 22, 2003
    didn't even know they were making this.

looks good.

Jordan1Kenobi likes this.
  11. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    I'm thinking Rachel Weitz's character would be a traitor because they need Florence Pugh's Black Widow replacement to show up in Phase 4 movies as the go-to Black Widow. Maybe the guy from Stranger Things as a comedy sidekick turned heartbreaking traitor. What'll be interesting to see is if this makes a billion dollars as Marvel is wont to do, where will they set sequels? Will the whole Black Widow movie series just be like perpetually set in between Civil War and Infinity War? post IW pre Endgame with super bummed out OCD Nat trying to get her old crew back together? IS this it for Black Widow as the crush of continuity continues above?

I would still love to employ some flashback/flashforward trickery to post Endgame content in a flashback Black Widow movie.

Sith_Sensei__Prime likes this.
  12. Bilbo Fett

Bilbo Fett Force Ghost star 5

Apr 19, 2017
  13. Thena

Thena Chosen One star 7

May 10, 2001
    It's a little surreal to watch the trailer right before Ep 9, can't help thinking Black Widow and Kylo Ren never belonged together....

Bilbo Fett likes this.
  14. Master_Lok

Dec 18, 2012
    I want David Harbour to wind up being the were-bear from the Winter Guard, but I doubt it. My guess is he
    will probably die in this, protecting Nat, Yelena or both.

Weisz' character seems ripe to be a traitor.

I am thinking Taskmaster might be a
    woman.

Fun to see this on the big screen yesterday.

soitscometothis likes this.
  15. Bilbo Fett

Apr 19, 2017
    There's some speculation that Ursa Major will make an appearance in this. Most of it is based on the casting of a couple of physically large, obscure actors for unknown parts. Personally I doubt that will pan out. There's a bear easter egg in one shot of the trailer. I think if they were going to have Ursa himself show up they wouldn't have bothered with that.

Last edited: Dec 21, 2019
  16. Master_Lok

Dec 18, 2012
    Ah. Thanks.

I am still running with Harbour’s comic con joke tweet about being Russia’s “Bear @$*” which is what fueled my hope that he would be Ursa Major too.

17. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
    Names (I might know them from MMA or pro Wrestling.)

18. Bilbo Fett

Apr 19, 2017
    One was this guy. Can't recall who the other was (I just remember that back at the time that I had never heard of him).

Last edited: Dec 21, 2019
    Master_Lok likes this.
  19. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
    Don't know him.

20. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    Trailer 2 (or at least "A Special Look"):

Some tasty Tasky goodness in there.

Last edited: Jan 14, 2020
  21. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001
    So, interestingly, I thought we knew who is playing Taskmaster -- and apparently we don't?

So that really could be anyone...

Master_Lok likes this.
  22. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    Maybe it's something where they're using a stuntman for Civil War era so they can cast someone else for Endgame era for a future movie set 7+ years later?

23. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001
    Possibly -- though I think there's zero chance we don't know who it is by end of movie?

24. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    Yeah, I think we'll know too- but I could see them playing the mystery card like that, in theory. Kinda like the actors that played Rinzler and CLU in Tron Legacy (albeit that was a case where that was for the purpose of digital de-aging effects instead of casting older).

25. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001
    That... is interesting.

If ScarJo is also playing Taskmaster (a cloned Black Widow, using some of the Siberian super soldier technology) it's a way to keep her in the MCU... :p

Jedi Merkurian and Master_Lok like this.