main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Amph Yours For Only $29.99*, $34.99 in Canada: Black Widow [July 2021]

Discussion in 'Community' started by Bilbo Fett, Dec 2, 2019.

1. Master_Lok

Master_Lok Force Ghost star 6

Dec 18, 2012
    Free D+ access on October 6th. I’ll wait until then…

2. Diggy

Diggy Chosen One star 8

Feb 27, 2013
    Your wife is a lucky lady, Tony!

3. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    Thread title not entirely accurate, costs 34.99 in Canada. Anyway, gonna put my D+ preorder this weekend, I did the preorder with Cruella as well. I tired ordering Raya and the Last Dragon when it went "live" at 3 AM which also happened to be when the Wandavision Finale was uploaded and there was gitchiness with the app so yah, pre-order way to go.

Watching the whole damn thing when it drops at 3 AM EST for sure. Then gonna crash out and then watch it again.

Last edited: Jun 11, 2021
  4. Bilbo Fett

Bilbo Fett Force Ghost star 5

Apr 19, 2017
    This is gonna be my first movie in the theater in well over a year. Not AMC nor Regal. There's this great little regional chain called Stone Theaters that has fantastic cineplexes. At least the local one is. The five minute drive to get there don't hurt either.

TiniTinyTony likes this.
  5. TiniTinyTony

TiniTinyTony JCC Super Bowl Pick 'Em Winner star 7 VIP - Game Winner

Mar 9, 2003
    As the pandemic winds down, I've done Raya, Quiet Place 2, and have Black Widow on deck. Raya was limited attendance with two seats in between each group. Quiet Place was full attendance with 1 seat in between . Black Widow - no more empty seats!

6. Yodaminch

Yodaminch Chosen One star 6

Mar 6, 2002
    I probably will see this in theaters. My local one still looks pretty quiet. If it’s good, I may do IMAX first.

I will probably still preorder it just so I can do a Marvel watch of everything later. But yeah, this may be the first film I see back in a theater.

7. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    Getting a notification a half hour or less before something goes live isn't just stealthily, it's downright crappy :p. But, yeah, I mainly haunt AMC since they have the main/de-facto-only full-size IMAX in the region. Either way, they normally hype these things up at least a day in advance, if not longer before tickets go live. And, here, there was zero advance promotion for it. You'd think that one of the thousand trailers and previews we've gotten over the past month would have included the pre-sale date by now.

I've been checking the last week each day despite the lack of news, but hadn't heard anything yet so didnt check right away today. Only happened to be on there to reserve my seat for Hitman's Wife's Bodyguard tomorrow and saw the ads for BW tix. Got decent seats for Saturday night opening weekend (friends couldn't make Friday, alas, but, after waiting 1.25 years for this movie, what's one more day?).

TiniTinyTony likes this.
  8. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
    i got u, fam

9. Bilbo Fett

Apr 19, 2017
    Oh Canada! - Disney CEO Bob Chapek

BigAl6ft6 likes this.
  10. Sarge

Sarge Chosen One star 10

Oct 4, 1998
    Beauty, eh? - Bob & Doug McKenzie

11. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    Actually savings at current value of $1.45. and y'know friggin theaters are still closed. I love Premiere access, God bless the Mouse!

12. Bilbo Fett

Apr 19, 2017
    So the social media embargo has dropped for this, unusually early. Much like this they've been mixed.

13. Master_Lok

Dec 18, 2012
    I’ll wait until I see it (after reading everyone’s spoilers in here :D)

Jedi Merkurian likes this.
  14. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    There were a couple early raves the other day. should be interesting to see how things pan out.

Last edited: Jun 19, 2021
  15. Yodaminch

Yodaminch Chosen One star 6

Mar 6, 2002
    I've got my ticket for Dolby. Still not sure if I'll cancel or not, but for now I'm planning to go. Guess it will depend if the seat restrictions for theaters get lifted by then. If they lift them, I probably won't go. Right now, I'm surrounded by empty seats and on an end. I can do that.

16. Bilbo Fett

Apr 19, 2017
    I'm definitely going see it for myself. Reviews don't dissuade me from going to see something I know I want to see in theater.

One thing I think might be a factor though is how Black Widow's position in the MCU roster has changed. The delays have caused it to now be surrounded by the Disney+ Marvel shows. Those shows are able to cook longer with the characters than a movie ever can. Being three shows in now perceptions and expectations of what Marvel can do with it's characters have shifted a bit. Black Widow might end up seeming paler in comparison because of that.

Last edited: Jun 20, 2021
    Juliet316 and Jedi Merkurian like this.
  17. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    The delay also helps it in other ways. Before, even one year after Endgame/FFH, it seemed like not enough time for audiences to cool down - and a smaller-scale prequel set around a character that just died may not have combined well to rev them back up enough.

But that’s extra year may be exactly what was needed to get people hungry again- even for smaller-scale work like WV. And now those shows have whetted appetites for a theatrical-scale product.

Juliet316 and Jedi Merkurian like this.
  18. QUIGONMIKE

QUIGONMIKE Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 5, 2009
    Right. I don’t see the point in dropping the cash for this kind of stuff but to each their own.

19. Master_Lok

Dec 18, 2012
    Well there are certain Marvel characters I’d do this for, but nothing announced yet. Just means I’ll wait to see some films, but I’ve got the D+ shows to see on the day of release so that’s a fair trade off.

20. QUIGONMIKE

QUIGONMIKE Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 5, 2009
    Sure thing - I get it too: Its exciting to view something earlier/right away if you're really into it. All good. ;)

I have found though that there is so much to watch these days that we can barely keep up. So, I can almost always find something else to hold me over while waiting for a title to be available at my normal access level.

21. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    The reactions I’ve seen are mostly positive with comparisons to Captain America: The Winter Soldier and particular praise heaped on Florence Pugh. I have seen a couple people say that Taskmaster is an underwhelming villain which sucks but isn’t an unusual complaint for an MCU villain.

22. Barriss_Coffee

Barriss_Coffee Chosen One star 6

Jun 29, 2003
    I don't know what I'll do with my life now that we won't get monthly Black Widow preview ads.

23. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    Oh, that's a bummer if it pans out to be true. Tasky is one of my favorites. But, on the upside, assuming he survives, he wasn't that great of a villain in his first encounters with the Avengers or Deadpool. But when he got to bounce off of them more and lean more to the anti-hero (or, at least, root-for-the-underdog bad guy) side of things, he really started to come into his own (which, I suppose, is oxymoronic, given that we're talking about a character whose primary trait is acquiring the traits of others).

Master_Lok and Juliet316 like this.
  24. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    Don't worry, now you'll get monthly Shang Chi ads, and then after that, monthly Eternals ads, and then after that, monthly Spider-Man NWH ads. You will never escape the MCU.

25. Master_Lok

Dec 18, 2012
    [face_laugh] Tasky also had his skull mask and butt handed to him by Moon Knight (He hates fighting MK because Marc has a very high pain threshold and will keep fighting.)

I like Taskmaster, so I’ll hold off on opinions about him until I see the film. Really looking forward to David Harbour, Rachel Weisz and Florence Pugh.

Last edited: Jun 20, 2021