main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series Yularen in Rebels

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by sarlaccsaurs-rex, Mar 9, 2015.

1. sarlaccsaurs-rex

sarlaccsaurs-rex Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 10, 2007
    Okay we have Tarkin, now Ahsoka too.

It seems obvious to put Yularen in Rebels as well. It seems like he could be the voice of reason for the Empire. Possibly even be a spy for the alliance. We seen him far less aggressive than the other governors in ANH. Also with new canon he could have survived the Death Stars destruction. (Tagge did.) What do you guys think?

whostheBossk likes this.
  2. Cushing's Admirer

Cushing's Admirer Chosen One star 7

Jun 8, 2006
    I think that would totally rock! :D

Though besides Alderaan, Sir's Tarkin is anything but aggressive. A bit frustrated and upset yes (with cause).

3. snackynak

snackynak Jedi Knight star 1

Nov 19, 2006
    I think they should, that way they can retcon how he went from an admiral to a colonel. :D

sarlaccsaurs-rex likes this.
  4. sarlaccsaurs-rex

Apr 10, 2007
    Personally I would find it odd if they kept the ISB canon but not Yularen's role in it.

5. Cushing's Admirer

Jun 8, 2006
  6. sarlaccsaurs-rex

Apr 10, 2007
    Especially since TCW did such a fine job expanding his role in the republic.

Cushing's Admirer likes this.
  7. Cushing's Admirer

Jun 8, 2006
    Indeed. I think Wullf has high potential to show that some Imperials are truly striving for right and though I don't condone rebellion, he could be a great conduit to convey that defecting is possible and did happen.

8. Toonimator

Toonimator Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 16, 2006
    If they keep him consistent with ANH, I hope they remember his tunic may be white, but his pants and cap are black.

9. Alpha-Red

Alpha-Red Chosen One star 7

Apr 25, 2004
    I get the feeling that if Yularen were an isolated voice of honor and morality in the Empire, he wouldn't have been sitting in a command conference with the likes of Tarkin on board a planet-killing space station. It's just as likely that serving the Empire corrupted him, as it did many other former Republic officers. I would think if Yularen really were a "good Imperial" then he'd either want to have nothing to do with Tarkin, or he would have been relegated to some unimportant backwater outpost. Tarkin was a thoroughly ruthless man, and he would've had no use for a dissenting voice on his inner circle, no matter how competent he may be.

Darth_Pevra and Iron_lord like this.
  10. Iron_lord

Iron_lord Chosen One star 10

Sep 2, 2012
    We only see him on screen for a few minutes - not really enough time to say whether Alderaan is typical or exceptional behaviour for him.

His behaviour toward Leia - invading her personal space - running his hand over her face - and his doing exactly the same to Ahsoka - does suggest a certain aggressiveness even outside of the example-making.

Jedi Knight Fett and TaradosGon like this.
  11. TheSilentInfluence

TheSilentInfluence Retired Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 15, 2014
    I really want to see Yularen in Rebels. I think it would be great to get his viewpoint on the Empire and what he thinks of Vader as well. Would he know Anakin is Vader though? If he does, then maybe they could do a callback to the Clone Wars or something. Like " These battles are a lot different from the ones we used to be in."

12. darklordoftech

darklordoftech Force Ghost star 6

Sep 30, 2012
    To which Vader responds, "You and Anakin, not we."
    Unless he was spying on the Death Star command...

13. Hopeless

Hopeless Jedi Master star 4

Oct 28, 2006
    You know I can see him being put in charge of a flotilla of Imperial ships following the destruction of Alderaan and using them to try and help any struggling survivors.

So when the Death Star blows up he ends up taking most of the flotilla to investigate what happened and whilst salvaging and rescuing whoever he could ends up leading the first ships trying to keep the rebels on Yavin IV awaiting reinforcements whilst one of his ships is commandeered by Lord Vader so he can report to the Emperor in person on what happened...

That looks doable what do you think?

14. Vorax

Vorax Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 10, 2014
    He seemed like an pompous aristocratic military school elitist on the toon. He died unsung onboard the Death Star along with much of the top brass of the Empire's military. He's basically like a Gestapo/SD boss and likely rooting out rebel sympathizers and traitors and deporting them to slave camps, conducting executions and mock trials . We already saw on Lothal the Imperials taking over peoples farms and deporting them to ghettos or slave labor colonies and wookies being used as slaves and such. He's probably Kallus's boss and as bad as Tarkin.

15. Cushing's Admirer

Jun 8, 2006
    *Shrugs* I think we see plenty enough of Tarkin that proves otherwise, IL. To each their own. :p

I still think Wullf has potential, AF. :) If you don't agree that's fine.

16. Commander Krix

Commander Krix Jedi Knight star 4

Mar 18, 2013
    Yularen in Rebels

Yes! It'd be great to see him onboard his ship commanding his fleet, considering that's how we usually saw him in TCW. My only fear is to how cartoony he'll turn out to be, like Tarkin. I was a little disappointed by the appearance since he kind of reminds me of E.T. Even though Yularen may not have any role to play whatsoever, seeing him at the table would be nice as well, just knowing they included a minor character from TCW.

17. darthzac14

darthzac14 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 8, 2012
    Speaking of "good" Imperials just following orders, that's what I initially predicted Max von Sydow would be. But I still think we need old-school Pre-Clone Wars/Clone Wars Pub officers in the show this next season that just stayed on after the war because they just didn't see any differences with how things were going before Sheev made the whole thing an Empire

18. Thrawn082

Thrawn082 Force Ghost star 6

Jan 11, 2014
    I kind of want Max von Sydow to play the new Emperor, or at least whatever type of leader replaced Sheev after his death. As for Yularen, yeah I'd like to see him here, and him being a more "honorable" Imperial sounds like an interesting idea.

19. JEDI-RISING

JEDI-RISING Chosen One star 6

Apr 15, 2005
    wouldn't be a bad thing

20. Trebor Sabreon

Trebor Sabreon Former Manager star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 15, 2010
    I'd love to see Yularen in Rebels.

21. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    For anyone who does not know Yularen is in charge of the ISB in the new Canon.

22. Iron_lord

Iron_lord Chosen One star 10

Sep 2, 2012
    He was made Deputy Director of Naval Intelligence in Tarkin

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Naval_Intelligence_Agency

but we don't know how far he's risen since then.

Jedi Knight Fett likes this.
  23. Cushing's Admirer

Jun 8, 2006
    That should be interesting, Fett.

Cushy sincerely hopes Max is *not* Emperor. Ugh. [face_not_talking]

24. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    What's there to keep his appearnce he never said anything in ANH.

25. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    Close enough.

Iron_lord likes this.