main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Zahn Trilogy with CG (Speculative)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Soothsayer, Jun 1, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ShaneP

ShaneP Ex-Mod Officio star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 26, 2001
    Yeah you could do it with mo-cap ala Zemeckis' films. That's how they did some of the OR cutscenes

2. Armchair_Admiral

Armchair_Admiral Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 31, 2005
    The OP said nothing about being direct-to-DVD.:p

At any rate, I'm not quite sure direct-to-DVD adaptations would work the best in this situation. These sorts of things tend to only get used for franchises aimed at young children (rest assured, the post-ROTJ EU does not target the same demographic group as the ongoing Clone Wars subfranchise) or simply for lesser franchises like Stargate which can't afford blockbuster movies. I think LFL should aspire for something higher, like a TV miniseries or a proper movie release in cinemas.

I didn't intend to imply that, sorry. I only suggested that the ysalamiri's ability foreshadows the way Palpatine gets defeated DE-style; getting stripped of his connection to the Force by our heroes.

3. Dawud786

Dawud786 Chosen One star 5

Dec 28, 2006
    What are you talking about only aimed at young children? Star Wars generally? Or Direct to DVD releases? Because everything I cited about the DC and Marvel animated direct-to-DVD stuff has been rated PG13.

4. Cash_Fendar

Cash_Fendar Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 1, 2009
    I think it would be awesome. CG i getting to the point now where they could make it look pretty convincing if they wanted to. If this were to ever happen (fingers crossed), I would hope that they would do it in such a way that it was somewhat realistic. I mean, I wouldn't want to see TTT done in the same manner of animation as TCW series. I think that would suck, but if they were to do so more along the lines of Beowulf or something, it would definitely be cool.

5. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    They are sci-fi "gizmos" but either originate directly from the movies (cloaking shields, cloning cylinders) or have analogs in the movie (midicholorians).

I'm not even sure Lucas is concened about things being flashy and having visceral impact so far as ships and vehicles go- he tossed in a thousand different ship and walker variants into ROTS with few, if any, having any spotlighted shots or moments to have any lasting impact. At this point I think he's more concerned about environments "popping" and Jedi actions.

And, i think the whole "could be a new clone wars- with faster grown clones" threat is an effective one given the movies.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.