main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

OOC Reference Zalzabar's Zpa - OOC Thread for The Saga of the Ryujin

Discussion in 'Role Playing Resource' started by Shadowsun, Aug 30, 2020.

1. Shadowsun

Shadowsun Force Ghost star 4

Jun 26, 2017
    Winsoon-sama? Oh wait wrong game... :p

2. greyjedi125

greyjedi125 Chosen One star 6

Apr 29, 2002
    W00T!!! 500 posts up in here!! [face_dancing]

3. Shadowsun

Jun 26, 2017
    wait what? pff that is kinda nuts... here is to five hundred more... [face_coffee] 8-}

Darth_Elu and greyjedi125 like this.
  4. Darth_Elu

Darth_Elu Chosen One star 7

Jan 2, 2003
    *watches the post count go nuts, sighs and shakes his head*

Yeah, yeah, I'll get there. Eventually. :p

greyjedi125 and Shadowsun like this.
  5. Shadowsun

Jun 26, 2017
    [face_laugh]

Just Kaynus and Cretaus left...boy that was fast...

nice post @Ktala taking an opportunity to devour some knowledge I see...;)

Kurisan and Darth_Elu like this.
  6. Darth_Elu

Jan 2, 2003
    *glowers* And it's not coming tonight. You're all gonna wait! :p

Kurisan, Mitth_Fisto and Shadowsun like this.
  7. Shadowsun

Jun 26, 2017
    Lol no worries I wouldn't have updated tomorrow even if you did

I'm in no rush...:)

Last edited: Jan 12, 2021
  8. Darth_Elu

Jan 2, 2003
    So...……………………………..

When is the high school parody game going to launch? [face_batting] [face_tee_hee]

Asking for a friend. :p

Kurisan, Shadowsun and greyjedi125 like this.
  9. Shadowsun

Jun 26, 2017
    Lol do you actually want that to be a thing?

Kurisan likes this.
  10. The Jedi in the Pumas

The Jedi in the Pumas Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 23, 2018
    Loving Esenma’s and Delsanra’s moment. It’s lovelyyyy and heart warming.

Everyone is having their own reaction to the clash with the Crimson Knights. Can’t wait til the next morning!!

11. Shadowsun

Jun 26, 2017
    Me too! :)

Update is live, next update will be morning time.

Kurisan and greyjedi125 like this.
  12. Ktala

Ktala Force Ghost star 6

Sep 7, 2002
    Im enjoying it as well. Even after having are tooshies handed to us. A true bonding experience....

(Just stop trying to find Delsanra a mate!!)

Kurisan, Darth_Elu and Shadowsun like this.
  13. Shadowsun

Jun 26, 2017
    Yeah somehow I doubt that is going to happen...lol

14. Mitth_Fisto

Mitth_Fisto Chosen One star 6

Sep 29, 2005
    Well, I was going for something like a 60/40 split or the 50/50.

Either way this is going to be a long long night for Ne'tar. Ne'tar not planning on being able to get much sleep and likely will collapse into unbreakable slumber when he is done.

15. Kurisan

Kurisan Jedi Master star 4

Apr 26, 2016
    Speaking of encouraging mating... what's the big idea giving just three beds? [face_waiting]

16. Shadowsun

Jun 26, 2017
    Lol whoops. Delsanra should be able to clone the bedding if need be... plus Ne'tar has his own.

Yep, yep that is fine, just wondering which would be the nature he was born with...not that it matters too much at this junction...hmm...[face_mischief] perhaps wait a bit and we will return to this question...

Kurisan, Darth_Elu and Mitth_Fisto like this.
  17. Ktala

Ktala Force Ghost star 6

Sep 7, 2002
    Yes...Delsanra has already offered to make more bedding!!!.... Nobody needs to sleep on floor.... lol.

18. Kurisan

Kurisan Jedi Master star 4

Apr 26, 2016
    @Shadowsun heh just kidding I expect as a scout Taella should have her own and be used to sleeping outdoors. Not sure she would choose snow as a base though.

I also expect the dragons don’t need fluffy blankets lol.

Just so long as I don’t have to share with the orc!;)

19. Ktala

Ktala Force Ghost star 6

Sep 7, 2002
    Well...unless the other dragons are used to snow...Im pretty sure they wont find it too comfy either... lol. Delsanra is quite happy.
    We can do beds..some folks are hurting... lol.

Darth_Elu, Kurisan and Shadowsun like this.
  20. Shadowsun

Jun 26, 2017
    Well seems I am gonna have way more time on my hands for the next two weeks...

I'm one that likes to continually improve things, and recognize the fact that I am not a perfect, god-like being like Sapientis.

So is there any critiques, comments, snark remarks, questions or what have you? Was the fight scene aright, able to visualize what was happening?

(I am aware that my grammar and spelling are not the best so stuff other than that...I'm working on it!)

EDIT: I won't get offended, be as candid as you like

Last edited: Nov 5, 2020
  21. Darth_Elu

Jan 2, 2003
    Ooo. Snarky comments allowed?

Incoming in 3....2...

Just kidding! :p

Honestly, I think you're doing very well. :) The only little critique I may have, but I may be the only one here, was I think the attack came a little too early. The initial inter-character bonding should have had a bit more time to develop first before that, but, I'm not always right either and can't claim to know everything you have planned. Depending, what happened may prove to have been the wisest decision.

So, you can just take my words with a grain of salt or ignore altogether. :p

Otherwise, I don't have any complaints of any kind and even that is not really a negative thought or anything, so I hope you don't take it as such. Just a personal observation and opinion. The current moment you're allowing for the rest of the night is perfect, by the way, and I plan to have a post soon! :)

Kurisan, Shadowsun and Mitth_Fisto like this.
  22. greyjedi125

Apr 29, 2002
    Rebecca is about to have lots of company..lol! [face_tee_hee]

23. The Jedi in the Pumas

The Jedi in the Pumas Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 23, 2018
    For the game: I ended my last post as essentially Esenma drinking herself into a slumber. So she can be understood as asleep.

For the GM: I think you’ve done amazing. The world building has been crack for me. It feels like the start of an adventure.

No argument against Elu, but I liked that the attack was abrupt. How often do surprise attacks fall when the protagonists want them to? It surprised the player base and we had to come up with quick reactions for our characters. I think it allowed bonding through actions and not words, which was a unique experience for me.

I also liked how the fighting came to an end. Not because “Esenma summon giant tornado!” But because we immediately get to see every character deal with loss, defeat, and we got to see the characters have different interpretations of what happened. I have found it interesting how everyone else interpreted it as a loss when Esenma took it as just a skirmish and bump in the road; even the deaths of the knights... which I suppose gave me an opportunity to almost ignore it as someone who has lived hundreds of years and fought and killed and had comrades die before. Esenma didnt even allow herself to think on the Knights’ deaths and immediately turned to drinking.

To see Ne’tar go into his bag of healing was a pleasant surprise. Watching young Zalzanaxagore ( :p ) deal with the trials and tribulations of being overwhelmed despite decades of training. Reading Taella’s attempt to comfort and Rebecca’s blood driven madness... It solidified for me that this is a game that is being driven by the players and an adventure that will continue over time.

I’m loving all of it

24. greyjedi125

Apr 29, 2002
    All of the above!!! [face_love]

25. Shadowsun

Jun 26, 2017
    Nods

Yes the attack was rather abrupt, as it was meant to be. And yeah I'm glad Pumas picked up on the fact that it was intended to bond people though combat.

Anaxagore and Rebecca having their little duel where he witnesses the blood rage within her and then they both have to fight Roger who is just in a different league I found very awesome.

A greater sense that the threat is real. I was going back and forth on weather we should have ( ;) @greyjedi125 ) waited a little...but then in the end I decided against it. (So I hear you @Darth_Elu your comment is fair, and as I said I'm looking to improve, no reason for me to get offended, my attitude is to separate the work from myself when it comes to this kind of thing, trust me in engineering land feelings need to be put by the wayside...lol!) The next few chapters are going to be focused on the characters bonding, traveling and training. So...stay tuned for that....:)

EDIT: Yeah Zalzy took it a little more personally than Esenma...for background reasons that have yet to be revealed but also because he saw the Knights of Illusion as his children.

Last edited: Nov 6, 2020