main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

OOC Reference Zalzabar's Zpa - OOC Thread for The Saga of the Ryujin

Discussion in 'Role Playing Resource' started by Shadowsun, Aug 30, 2020.

1. Kurisan

Kurisan Jedi Master star 4

Apr 26, 2016
    @galactic-vagabond422 gah another intense trip! How could you do that to the bunny!? Very good again.

This has all been so good I kind of tremble thinking there are two more challenges... each!

2. Darth_Elu

Darth_Elu Chosen One star 7

Jan 2, 2003
    Agreed. Poor Rebecca, I really feel for her. There's got to be a way to cool that curse she bears!

[face_thinking]

Edit: Yay! @Shadowsun approved what I wrote. :D Off to post at last. :p

Last edited: Sep 6, 2020
  3. The Jedi in the Pumas

The Jedi in the Pumas Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 23, 2018
    No need to apologize! :)

We’re all good here. This game has been a creative explosion for me.

Nezzy and Derius came to me a few days ago and I approached Shadowsun about them. Derius inherited the kingdom of Taetus(they both inherited Esenma’s long lifespan) after his father passed away and Nezzy kind of just hangs around, protecting the place he grew up on.

Derius is not a ryujin; He’s a supremely powerful magelord who is even more powerful than his mother at this point. He is a master of Dark Magic and Wind Magic(from Esenma) while being a benevolent dictator to his people, but an aggressor known throughout the realm as impossible to deal with cordially and has launched invasions and attacks sporadically over his hundreds of years of living. He has always been determined, goal oriented, and focused. In most cases, those who are naturally talented do not work hard. Derius is one of those naturally talented individuals who also possessed an incredulous work ethic.

On the flip side, there is Nezzy. He is an adept-level ryujin. Always quiet, smart, and shy, he was not exactly a slacker, but he never found anything in life that he was passionate about. His father’s death affected him greatly. He was taught his ryujin abilities by his mother until the school was closed and he resolved to be a protector of the North realm, and protecting Derius and Derius’ ambitions. Over a 200 years ago, he transformed into his dragon form and never transformed back and resides under the sea around the Taetian Islands, his mother’s birthplace. The people of the islands adore him and treat him like their own personal savior and mascot.

They both love their mother and she loves them. Which is what makes Esenma’s vision so hard on her: she knows that Derius is determined to finish the path he is on, no matter the cost to the world. Nezzy, out of a misguided love for his brother and duty to his homeland, will help Derius accomplish his goals.

So... yea... this is the first RP I think I’ve joined here on the boards that was so distinctly medieval fantasy and I think that’s the reason why the creativity bug has bitten me.

Edit: G_V’s Rebecca is so... unhinged and scary. I just want to give her a hug and tell her to settle down and have some tea. :(

Last edited: Sep 6, 2020
  4. Shadowsun

Shadowsun Force Ghost star 4

Jun 26, 2017
    Well I'm glad!

I'm super happy with the creative juices that are flowing everywhere....

lol this resource thread is already over 100 replies ... a good thing I think....:D

greyjedi125, Darth_Elu and Kurisan like this.
  5. galactic-vagabond422

galactic-vagabond422 Force Ghost star 4

Jul 11, 2009
    She is in desperate need of Ye Olde Anger Management or Therapy, that or a powerful mage to remove her curse (Though I feel like fully removing her curse would make the character just another fighter.)

6. Kurisan

Apr 26, 2016
    @Darth_Elu oh my that is so tragic. Taella is definitely going to give Cretaus a big hug one day soon. (I kind of had feeling you might have gone down that path actually).

@Master Vo'Un'Var very nicely done sir! Again, that makes perfect sense for your character.

With @The Jedi in the Pumas clever take on motherhood I’m really impressed we all came up with such different personal hells.

Onto the next challenge!

7. Master Vo

Master Vo Jedi Master star 4

Mar 19, 2017
    I had so much fun writing the post, even if it probably does not reach the excellency of the others. Very fun game you have made, bro. ;) @Shadowsun

8. Shadowsun

Jun 26, 2017
    Seems the trait of being hard on oneself runs in the family....[face_laugh]

It was very good @Master Vo'Un'Var! :)

9. greyjedi125

greyjedi125 Chosen One star 6

Apr 29, 2002
    Just wow......so many excellent posts! I'm loving all of them, literally. This game has reached an obsessive level for me, which does not happen often. That can turn out to be complicated! LOL!!!!

@Darth_Elu & @galactic-vagabond422 : the wrenching feelings and torment you two brought out....I'm not surprised that the 'two humans' had the deepest and most emotional responses!! Both times I wanted to keep reading more about your characters. Great depth and realism!! More!! Bravo! Bravo!

@Mitth_Fisto : Ne'tar's identity crisis is so relatable, I'm glad he found it within himself to strike out on his own path. His mom inspired even me! *( his Orc mother, which is imo, a kinder story than the original ). Hopefully, one day, I hope he gets to grant her that wish and present a grandchild.

@The Jedi in the Pumas : A great many folks have trouble realistically writing the trials of character who are long lived. I am beyond happy to see that is not the case for you. Family and Family Legacy play a great part in who and what we are, whether we be ryujin or human. I can't wait to see where the drama you are bringing will lead. I want front row seats.

@Kurisan : You had me covering my eyes while I was reading!! LOL!!! the cringe factor was real!! I'm glad that was only a 'nightmare', but yikes!! The conversation afterwards was so endearing, it was the best outcome after such an ordeal. Loved it!

@Master Vo'Un'Var : Who's the stabby Witcher guy!? LOL!! I read the post several times, but no name. Great scene though, the pressure to be more can be the thing that breaks you. He reminds me of Freeza for some reason, trying to reach his long awaited Final Form!! LOL!

@Shadowsun : Can't wait to see what the other two trials are like.

@Ktala: Bring on the awesome, cuz you always do!!

Ktala, Kurisan, Shadowsun and 4 others like this.
  10. Shadowsun

Jun 26, 2017
    First. Another massive thank you to the insane writing everyone has brought to the table. I was kind of iffy about the update but you guys took it and ran with it and did more than I could have asked for. If you haven't guessed already the tests are a way to look in depth of each of your characters. I think this is a way cooler way to look at the fears of someone rather than the one or two lines you would put on a character sheet.

Second.

Okay based of what a couple of you have said to me, I would like to hear your suggestions for what you would like to see in the story. This isn't necessary or required by any means. I have a general outline of the story, I know where we are headed and how roughly we could end.

Having said that there is a lot we could explore in Regnum and not all of it has to be directly about the main story. I have already incorporated ideas from @The Jedi in the Pumas and @Master Vo'Un'Var into the main plotline which just begged to be added. (Seriously it was like you both read my mind)

So what I'm saying is if you have a cool idea you would like to explore during our time in Regnum let me know. I'm all ears. And if you don't that's fine too. (No promises though but as long as it fits I'll do my best)

:D

Last edited: Nov 11, 2020
    Kurisan, Darth_Elu, Ktala and 3 others like this.
  11. greyjedi125

Apr 29, 2002
    In that case.... [face_whistling]

Somewhere in Regnum:

12. Shadowsun

Jun 26, 2017
    pfff... @Ktala I was going to go to bed....now I have an update to write...;)

13. greyjedi125

Apr 29, 2002
  14. Shadowsun

Jun 26, 2017
    Alright in all seriousness if I push through to write it now I likely won't be satisfied with the end result.

Will update tomorrow!

Kurisan, Darth_Elu and greyjedi125 like this.
  15. Ktala

Ktala Force Ghost star 6

Sep 7, 2002
    hehehe... FIne with me. :D

16. Darth_Elu

Jan 2, 2003
    Quality over quantity after all. ;)

Kurisan and greyjedi125 like this.
  17. Kurisan

Apr 26, 2016
    Yes, @Shadowsun please slow down! I have RL to catch up with... [face_beatup]

Shadowsun and Darth_Elu like this.
  18. Darth_Elu

Jan 2, 2003
    RL? What's this RL you speak of? 8-}

19. The Jedi in the Pumas

Jun 23, 2018
    *thinks about the missed opportunity to play Rengar or Jax in Genesis Gate*

*sighs*

Now I’m sad.

greyjedi125, Kurisan and Darth_Elu like this.
  20. Darth_Elu

Jan 2, 2003
  21. Shadowsun

Jun 26, 2017
    apparently.....I have a different game to update....;) So no update today lol....also got someone prying about the tests so might do a little tinkering....:D

22. galactic-vagabond422

galactic-vagabond422 Force Ghost star 4

Jul 11, 2009
    This will not stand, how dare you deny me my fix. I need this in my life, I need it... *scratches arm*

23. Shadowsun

Jun 26, 2017
    Won't be too long got so many things to tortu- I mean show our characters ... [face_skull]

24. The Jedi in the Pumas

Jun 23, 2018
    Would it be accurate to say that all our characters are back on the bridge?? Mentally?

Darth_Elu and greyjedi125 like this.
  25. Shadowsun

Jun 26, 2017
    Yes everyone is out of the illusion. So if you want....;)

Darth_Elu and greyjedi125 like this.