main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Zam Comparison Shots

Discussion in 'Costuming and Props' started by ZamIAm, Nov 27, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ZamIAm

ZamIAm Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 22, 2002
    Zam I Am wrote:
    Just wanted to share and compare :D
    [image=http://zamiam.home.comcast.net/fullshotcmpr.jpg]
    [image=http://zamiam.home.comcast.net/sitcmpr.jpg]

Whatcha all think?

2. DanakinSkywalker

DanakinSkywalker Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 25, 2003
    Like I said over at TDH, great work. It's nearly identical to the real thing. Awesome stuff.

3. Primrodo

Primrodo Jedi Master star 4

Jun 23, 2002
    Good work!

You plan to weather it some?

Is it just me or is your shirt thing shorter...or just the pic?

Awesome nonetheless!!!

4. ZamIAm

Oct 22, 2002
    Yep, I have many upgrades to do and lotsa weathering needed. Thanks DS!
    There are lots of things missing too, but it's a good marking point..

5. clee94

clee94 Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 12, 2002
    Nice, Very Nice

6. ZamIAm

Oct 22, 2002
    Thanks for the compliments. I just hope it's done before CIII, cause, after pouring so much money, time, effort, sacrifice, sweat, and other poodoo into that ONE costume, it better be one of the closest ones out there.

7. The_Clone_Emperor

The_Clone_Emperor Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 20, 2002
    [color=006699]ZamYouAre, (That's the short reply.)
    Long (winded) reply. You are fighting the good fight. We met a Dragon*Con this year and I was impressed with your suit then. I am even more impressed now that I have had a chance to veiw some of your "making of" images and text. Excellent sculptures. I would like to know what you used to sculpt the intitial "greebies" in, and what they were cast out of, (assuming that the finished pieces were molded and cast.)

As a quick comparison, the outfit is spectactular. It seems though that the back skirt could use at least one more row of plate. I suppose that would one more than on the orginal suit, but I think the lenghth of the skirt is important to the overall all appearence.

Great job,
    Thomas[/color]

8. Sister_Sola

Sister_Sola Manager Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 19, 2002
    Looks totally AMAZING ZamIAm! Excellent work! Great pics!

9. Obi-Dawn Kenobi

Obi-Dawn Kenobi Manager Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 27, 2000
    "...it better be one of the closest ones out there."

I think it already is. ;)
    I saw you at Dragon*Con as well and your costume is outstanding. Love the comparison pics!

10. ZamIAm

Oct 22, 2002
    Spank yas very much!
    Ok, first is the supersculpey, available in Total Crafts, Michaels, you name it. I sculpted them, baked em, then molded and casted them in resin. Then painted em all up with acrylic paint, and backed everything with leather, like the real thing.
    Molding and casting takes a LOT of work as airbubbles are not your friends. We had loads of molds and castings that were trashed because it's easy to mess up.

Skirt-yep, I have to remake an entire skirt. If I just added a row, it would be incorrect, unfortunately, and I would have to cut longer lace and relace the entire thing anyway. So, might as well start over with a tad bigger squares and looser lace.

This is an expensive project for the mere fact that my undersuit is neoprene, half of the stuff requires leather work and not to mention the sculpting, molding, and casting of so many pieces, just so that it doesn't weigh as heavily oh yah, and painting--- wait, i forgot dyeing leather, sewing, drilling, dremeling, and glueing. Whew! Luckily, I didn't have to work the lathe. Um..last but not least, webpaging, so that you all can see the comparison shots :D LOL
    All my work is on my site and www.thedentedhelmet.com

It was nice meeting you all too! I wished I could have talked to all of you more, but neoprene gets hot quick. I almost passed out in the middle of the mall from heat exhaustion. Luckily my friends and hubby saved my life. Gatorade and MOTRIN-is all I gotta say. :D

11. Jedi Girl of Corellia

Jedi Girl of Corellia Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 23, 2000
    Wow!!! Just... WOW!

I do have a couple suggestions since is seems you're taking them ;)

The body suit looks like it needs some tailoring (which if you have just had a heart attack at the mere suggestion of that I understand completly, I have to have a garment done for my University's big fashion show, so I'm no beginner to this ;) ). But the pants in the crotch are sagging a bit, this can be because you cut it a bit low. And it does seem over all almost too big for you. Neoprene does have some stretch to it right? So you could probably take it in and wriggle into it and you'll get that nice smooth uniform look like Zam has.

Other than that I am awestruck really, it's goregeous!

12. ZamIAm

Oct 22, 2002
    Unfortunately, that is one thing that is not going to be altered on me. Those pants are too big, but by only one size, and if I gain weight someday (pregnant zam LOL) I wouldn't want to alter it. It already cost me $300.00 for the original to happen. So, it will stay. I already had the upper crop top altered, and any more alteration would suffolcate me. Neoprene has some stretch- but the pain of sewing it is almost as bad as sewing hard leather especially on those welt seams. I don't want to make my seamstress cry, she was already ready to stab me with a seam ripper from the first two muslin tests and breaking over 5 needles.

13. Forcebewitya

Forcebewitya Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 7, 2002
    wow that costume is suberb well done. Hopefully I will see it in real life sometime at a Con. I haven't seen any Zam costumes until now, very nice. Keep up the good work.

Forcebewitya!

14. ZamIAm

Oct 22, 2002
    Thanks! Oh, definately at CIII I will be there and, not to forget to mention, mebbe at Farpoint in MD this comming year in February. That way you can see the costume in person :D I was hoping to help all the zammers out (especially on www.thedentedhelmet.com) any way I can to get their costumes done by CIII too.

15. Forcebewitya

Forcebewitya Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 7, 2002
    well, hopefully I will be at CIII so maybe I will get a chance to see it their, :D

Forcebewitya!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.