main
side
curve
  1. Welcome, Guest

Upcoming events:

Star Wars: Andor - Disney + - 21st September

2. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

FF:QLD Zatoichi

Discussion in 'Oceania Discussion Boards' started by NeecH, Aug 2, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. NeecH

NeecH Jedi Master star 4

Feb 14, 2003
    Last Saturday night I was tricked into thinking I was going out to a night on the piss and cheap women but Otter had actually bought tickets to see Zatoichi; a Japanese Samurai movie, showing at the Hoyts Regent film festival.

Needless to say I was still quite drunk when we saw it but Holy Crap!!! It was so good. :eek:

Zatoichi (a remake of the original 1962(?) version of the same name) tells the story of a blind masseur who makes the majority of his living by gambling. The only thing he carries on his journey from town to town is a bright red walking stick which hides a very lethal sword. I won't spoil any more of the simple, yet hugely effective storyline.

This is one of the very few movies that have come out recently that I instantly loved every single aspect of it. It's funny, the action is outstanding, the gore is plentiful... it even has a tapdancing number at the end for little reason other than it looks and sounds cool against the background music.

I just found (and bought it) on Ebay for AU$24 including shipping; A goddamn bargain!!! Seeing as how now that the Festival is over there's no real way that the majority of you can see this movie, when I get it I'll organise a bit of a movie day for everyone to come over and watch Zatoichi and the uncut, full colour, Japanese version of Kill Bill Vol.1 :D

Atleast try to make yourselves available. ;)

2. NeecH

NeecH Jedi Master star 4

Feb 14, 2003
    Apparently (according to kahli), a Zatoichi film will be showing at Ric's Cafe in the Valley on the 30th of August courtesy of Trash Video...

Who's keen?

3. kahli

kahli Jedi Knight star 5

Dec 1, 2000
    I don't know whether it's a film or a film club.

I just sms-ed you what the flyer said. Interpret how you will :p

4. NeecH

NeecH Jedi Master star 4

Feb 14, 2003
    ...and it's actually on the 31st of August. My mistake.

Not like anyone gives a s#!t.

5. kahli

kahli Jedi Knight star 5

Dec 1, 2000
    Zatoichi will also soon be showing @ the dendy.

6. Grieyls

Grieyls Jedi Knight star 6

Dec 2, 2000
    Well in that case I'm keen :D

7. NeecH

NeecH Jedi Master star 4

Feb 14, 2003
    My copy should be in the mail today... :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.