main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Zekk and Jaina relationship questions

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by Brant_Flir, May 31, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Brant_Flir

Brant_Flir Jedi Padawan star 4

May 30, 2005
    In my fanfic the Vong invasion never happens, but a different threat comes, and i plan on keeping Jaina Solo with Zekk. Does anybody have any idea what their relationship mght be like as they mature. They are 16 to 20 during this fanfic series.

Thanks.

2. RK_Striker_JK_5

RK_Striker_JK_5 Force Ghost star 7

Jul 2, 2003
    They'll probably butt heads a bit, but eventually realize that they were meant for each other. I see it as a 'Han/Leia' type of thing.

Zekk does love Jaina deeply. And she him.

3. Brant_Flir

May 30, 2005
    yeah, but would it still be a childish type of love for each other like in YJK (seemed a little childish crush/love to me) or a real boyfriend-girlfriend thing?

thanks

4. ZebulaNebula

ZebulaNebula Jedi Master star 5

Feb 10, 2005
    It'd be real. And really cute. ;)

5. Brant_Flir

May 30, 2005
    has anybody made a last name for Zekk yet that has stuck with fanfic writers? Also, would it be out-of-character to have his hair cut into a short military-like cut, do you think?

thanks

6. RK_Striker_JK_5

RK_Striker_JK_5 Force Ghost star 7

Jul 2, 2003
    No last name for him. And I don't think Zekk would get his hair cut.

7. ZebulaNebula

Feb 10, 2005
    The only way Zekk would cut his hair would be if Jaina told him, someone paid him a lot of money, or if he had to for a job he really wanted. Zekk also sometimes uses the name of his homeworld (Ennth) as a last name.

8. Brant_Flir

May 30, 2005
    thanks about the haircut thing, but what if he joined the New Republic military. Do you think he would choose to and/or be forced to get his hair cut?

9. Brant_Flir

May 30, 2005
    thanks for that info on his home planet being his last name. Also, do you think Zekk and Jaina would buy a newer ship, that like Mara's fit Jaina's X-Wing in the back when she wasn't on duty? Also, if they were to get amrried, where do you think they would have their wedding and would it be big or small?

thanks for your help.

10. ZebulaNebula

Feb 10, 2005
    Where, I'm not sure. How big depends on who does most of the planning: Jaina and Zekk seem more likely to have a small wedding (roughly 30-40 guests, mostly close friends and immediate family), but if it gets committee-planned like my one cousin's wedding, we're talking 800-1,000 people.

Edit: they'd most definitely get a new ship. A real tricked-out honey of a yacht/gunship combo. Think the Naboo Barge from Ep 2, but armed to the teeth.

11. Brant_Flir

May 30, 2005
    thanks, can i use that idea (for the people and stuff) in my fanfic? What do you think about the ship idea i had? whould they do it?

12. ZebulaNebula

Feb 10, 2005
    Anything of mine, go right ahead.

13. Brant_Flir

May 30, 2005
  14. Brant_Flir

May 30, 2005
    thanks, i think that is probally all i need about them, but if anyone else has any ideas about the ship, hair, or relation ship, please post them here. I will continue to check.

15. Brant_Flir

May 30, 2005
    thank you so much for all your help ZebulaNebula. You have been a big help to me.

16. Brant_Flir

May 30, 2005
    I think i might need more info on this topic now. I will continue to check, but i have one main question that some people have already talked about a little.

The one Question: The hair. What do you think about Zekk cutting his hair? If he joined the military would he be forced to? Would he cut it as he grew older?

thanks

17. Neo-Paladin

Neo-Paladin Jedi Master star 4

Dec 10, 2004
    Well let's put it this way:
    There seem to be a lot of dark haired green eyed guys in the Star Wars universe, and they all seem to gravitate towards a certain female Solo. This may be a mystery of the universe that will never be solved. Regardless, Zekk's long hair is some distinctive characteristic that the rest don't have, at least in the same measure. It is also a tie to his roots as a "street-rat", and that culture he grew up in.

At least, that's how I always imagined him. That's just one guys characterization.

As to wether the military would make him cut it or not, I'd say he's a Jedi so they'd probably grant him some latitude, and if he ever had to do undercover work the long hair would make him look less military.
    However, long hair under a flight helmet? Apparently Jaina does it, but ugg.

18. ZekksGoddess

ZekksGoddess Jedi Master star 4

Oct 2, 2004
    I forget which book it is now, but in one book of the NJO series Jaina makes a comment like "Yeah, I've seen a few other female buzzcut pilots before." (She says it when she's about to get her head shaved on Duros)
    I realize that I may have misunderstood the implications of the statement and she could have very well just been talking about women, but for some reason it just made me think that they don't require short-haired pilots.
    Besides, Zekkie's hair makes him cute!! (Not that he isn't already) [face_love]

19. Brant_Flir

May 30, 2005
    cool, thanks for that info.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.