main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Gaming Zelda Fans Come Hither...

Discussion in 'Community' started by alpha_red, May 11, 2004.

1. christophero30

christophero30 Chosen One star 10

May 18, 2017
    I don't have a Switch but Links Awakening looks like the right way to do a remake.

Rew likes this.
  2. The Regular Mustache

The Regular Mustache Force Ghost star 6

Dec 22, 2015
    Zelda fans come Hitler? Weird and gross. Oh...hither! Never mind!

christophero30 likes this.
  3. Jedi Ben

Jedi Ben Chosen One star 9

Jul 19, 1999
    Springtime for Ganon and Lynels
    Winter for Zelda and Link

FatBurt and christophero30 like this.
  4. ladygrey45

ladygrey45 Jedi Master star 4

Dec 30, 2015
    As one of those old school fans I would be massively disappointed why is it the Witcher is doing a better job at storytelling then Zelda? Zelda can mold the two but IMO I would 100000 percent sacrifice the gimmicky can go anywhere for a good story and classic Zelda elements botw just doesn’t feel like Zelda and I feel like this new formula will get tiring.

Rew likes this.
  5. timmoishere

timmoishere Force Ghost star 6

Jun 2, 2007
    Well I got an Amazon gift card from a work function yesterday, so I guess I’m using that to pick up Skyward Sword for my Switch.

6. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
  7. christophero30

christophero30 Chosen One star 10

May 18, 2017
    You could buy a super nintendo

8. Darth_Nabb

Darth_Nabb Jedi Grand Master star 1

Jun 10, 2003
    I loved Skyward Sword. I think it is the crowning piece of software for the original Wii. The only stock criticism that really resonates with me is the lack of an overworld, but the overall experience was so immersive it more than made up for it.

9. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    I preordered Skyward Sword for the Switch, but I was really excited for the rumors that Nintendo was remastering Wind Waker and Twilight Princess for the Switch. Guess that's not happening which sucks because I really wanted to play them.

10. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    This episode of the Super Mario Bros. Super Show Show Podcast has an interview with Bob Forward, who wrote the Zelda animated series for the SMBSS Friday episodes.

It’s interesting to give some perspective on the production of the show and where it’s influences come from (the show’s history connects Moonlighting (Link & Zelda’s dynamic), Charlie’s Angels (one of the actresses recorded their gameplay on the VHS given to the writers for reference), Monty Python (Ganon warping around as a gag to avoid animating his movement), Tinker Bell (Sprite) & Steve Martin (“Well, excuuuuse me...”)).

11. 3sm1r

3sm1r Force Ghost star 6

Dec 27, 2017
    Do Link and Zelda love each other, based on previous games ?

From BOTW it wasn't clear, then I just saw this funny video and I started wondering.

12. solojones

solojones Chosen One star 10

Sep 27, 2000
    I really wanted to finally finish Twilight Princess :(

13. Ramza

Ramza Administrator Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 13, 2008
    It gets a little weird because there are actually a ton of different Links and Zeldas throughout history but the implication is usually that there’s a kind of attraction or courtly love thing… however, it’s extremely not the focus so it’s rarely commented on. There are exceptions in both directions, like in Skyward Sword it’s pretty easy to read them as a couple and in Zelda II they don’t even know each other.

darthcaedus1138 and 3sm1r like this.
  14. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    Yeah 3smir Link's love life is a rabbit hole you can get extremely lost in. Especially in the games where he has significant relationships/interactions with multiple women (Ocarina of Time arguably being the worst offender). And though not really supported by the games, there's more than a few queer Link ships.

Last edited: Jul 6, 2021
    3sm1r likes this.
  15. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    Yeah, it definitely varies depending on the incarnation.

The original game had the whole rescue-the-princess angle, but they never implied any romance- and that same Link then saves the ancient Zelda from her slumber in Zelda II. The whole Sleeping Beauty-angle implies a romantic element there, which would then totally rule out any romance in the first game with the sitting Princess Zelda (unless you go non-canon and look at the set-before-Zelda-II cartoon, in which Horndog Link and Playing-Hard-To-Get Zelda are definitely a romantic pair; and I assume the comics and childrens books at the time took romantic directions from there since they were somewhat coordinated).

Zelda III doesn't imply any romance (though you have the similar "call of the princess" angle like Luke in ANH), and he up and leaves Hyrule afterwards for the Oracle games and LA. And the latter has the most focused love story of the franchise, with someone who isn't Zelda (but may possibly resemble her), which would again retroactively rule out ALTTP as a romance between the two.

OOT they seem to be just friends, given their two-timeline connections (plus Saria seemed more like a love interest than Zelda, who he just seems to be put off balance by her stature). Tetra didn't seem involved with him. She's barely in TP. Not sure about Spirit Tracks, SS or BOTW.

3sm1r likes this.
  16. Ramza

Jul 13, 2008
    Oracle is one of the only games where they kiss outright, your theory is deeply broken. :p

The2ndQuest likes this.
  17. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    I had forgotten she was even in that. Never got far in either game, either, which doesn't help.

Ether way, Marin is literally his dream girl. ;)

I mean, sure, she's really a seagull in reality, but, still.

[​IMG]

18. 3sm1r

3sm1r Force Ghost star 6

Dec 27, 2017
    I see.
    I only know BOTW Link and strangely he comes off as a very cute character. For some reason the fact that he never speaks works very well with me. It's clear that all he cares about is Zelda's well-being, and in the few memory videos there is this nice dynamics in which she talks a lot and he just goofily reacts to the way she acts and what she says.

19. Ramza

Jul 13, 2008
    But it’s implied she’s just a manifestation of his attraction to Zelda! In this essay, I will…

20. TiniTinyTony

TiniTinyTony JCC Super Bowl Pick 'Em Winner star 7 VIP - Game Winner

Mar 9, 2003
    Can you do a Youtube video essay?

21. Ramza

Jul 13, 2008
    Yes, it will feature my shocked face with a circle around Marin and a cartoonish font reading “SUBLIMATED ROMANTIC ATTRACTION?!!”

22. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    And Brie Larson with glowing red eyes. You know, just to boost the views.

solojones and 3sm1r like this.
  23. TiniTinyTony

TiniTinyTony JCC Super Bowl Pick 'Em Winner star 7 VIP - Game Winner

Mar 9, 2003
    Zelda and Link romantically involved? 5 reasons why they are. 5 reasons why they are not.

24. 3sm1r

3sm1r Force Ghost star 6

Dec 27, 2017
    Kathleen Kennedy STEPS DOWN from Legend of Zelda's no wait

Ramza likes this.
  25. Jedi Ben

Jedi Ben Chosen One star 9

Jul 19, 1999
    Peach dumps Mario - all Kennedy's fault.

3sm1r likes this.