main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Zelig - A Minor Classic about non-conformity

Discussion in 'Archive: The Amphitheatre' started by Darthkarma, Jun 17, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darthkarma

Darthkarma Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 30, 2000

This Woody Allen movie is a gem. It teaches us to be ourselves and not conform to everyone around us. It's a rather amazing technical feat too, considering it was done before CGI. It's pretty funny, but it's gotta cool message about being true to ourselves and not just conforming to everyone else to be popular and accepted.
    If you've never seen it, check it out.

2. ParanoidAni-droid

ParanoidAni-droid Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 27, 2001

C'mon DK, don't stop there! Let's make this the Official Woody Allen thread!! Lord knows this world needs one! ;)

Zelig, like many of Allen's 80's films, is a sunken treasure, buried beneath the sands of time. I truly believe that this brand of humour is a stroke of brilliance. I mean, it's just so uncommonly funny!

There's a certian genius to his comedy, an Allen film can make me laugh without compromising any of its cinematic integrity. His films resonate on so many different levels of bliss. He has everything down to a complete science; from simple elemants like the delivery and timing to more incredible feats like his innovation and singularity. To me, he joins the ranks of other great comediac genius' like Chaplin, Keaton, Groucho Marx, Gene Wilder, and Peter Sellers.

~PAd

3. Iwishiwasajedi

Iwishiwasajedi Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 24, 2002
    Yeah, Let's make this a Woody Allen Dicussion thread! :D

4. Darthkarma

Darthkarma Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 30, 2000

Let me try a couple of things.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.