main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

JCC Embrace The FU - Formerly the STAR WARS IS BAD thread

Discussion in 'Community' started by -polymath-, Oct 30, 2012.

1. Healer_Leona

Healer_Leona Squirrel Wrangler of Fun & Games star 9 Staff Member Manager

Jul 7, 2000
    You mean Qui-Gon Jinn.

SuperWatto and Darth Smurf like this.
  2. Darth Smurf

Darth Smurf Small, but Lethal star 6

Dec 22, 2015
    Yes, of course. And Jar Jar :p

Healer_Leona likes this.
  3. Healer_Leona

Healer_Leona Squirrel Wrangler of Fun & Games star 9 Staff Member Manager

Jul 7, 2000
  4. vin

vin Chosen One star 6

Dec 16, 1999
    Mando seemed to make it back to camp okay without a blurg. Sup wit dat? Also what happened to his blurg?

I have spoken.

5. SithLordDarthRichie

SithLordDarthRichie CR Emeritus: London star 9

Oct 3, 2003
    The Prequel cover does seem lacking compared to the others.
    Dooku had far more screen time than Maul, Yoda & Windu play important parts in the story so they could easily have been added.

6. vin

vin Chosen One star 6

Dec 16, 1999
    All of those covers look like Day 1 assignments in Photoshop 101 at the community college.

jp-30 likes this.
  7. Diggy

Diggy Chosen One star 8

Feb 27, 2013
    That’s an actual cover? Oh dear

And Yoda is on the left, Rich.

8. Darth Smurf

Darth Smurf Small, but Lethal star 6

Dec 22, 2015
    Yoda is on no cover at all. Rose and Jannah got their place. Yoda/Qui Gon or Windu not

9. SithLordDarthRichie

Oct 3, 2003
    I see Yoda nowhere.[​IMG]

10. SuperWatto

SuperWatto Chosen One star 7

Sep 19, 2000
    Don't.

11. SithLordDarthRichie

Oct 3, 2003
  12. Diggy

Diggy Chosen One star 8

Feb 27, 2013
    Did you read the article?

DarthPhilosopher likes this.
  13. Bacon164

Bacon164 Chosen One star 8

Mar 22, 2005
    this new culture of everything leaking and then everyone ****ting on it on reddit for months before it comes out leading to a snowball effect on release sucks

Last edited: Nov 20, 2019
  14. SithLordDarthRichie

Oct 3, 2003
    It's entirely possible Lucasfilm is allowing false leaks on purpose, so all the angry social media ranters can be discredited because their "sources" were wrong and then they lose followers.

I do find it odd that such an important production can be leaked so easily, or that people working on it are so keen to leak it. I wouldn't want to ruin a movie I worked hard on before release and spoil it for viewers.

Favreau & Filoni managed to hide the big reveal of the Mandalorian from getting out before the show aired, surely JJ can do the same with TROS

15. vin

vin Chosen One star 6

Dec 16, 1999
    That fake leaks BS has been a failing theory for many years.

As someone who is fully spoiled, I can say I think the movie sounds like garbage. Hoping to be surprised. I went into TLJ liking most of the spoilers but strongly disliked the film. So who knows.

Edit: the Mandalorian twist was leaked

JoinTheSchwarz and SuperWatto like this.
  16. SithLordDarthRichie

Oct 3, 2003
    I'd like to believe that everyone involved in this movie isn't so incompetent as to produce something as bad as the supposed leaks suggest.

Just as I'd like to believe that there aren't 3 different cuts of the movie and the ending keeps being changed.

But then this is a studio that has fired a bunch of directors, including those who had made 2/3 of a movie.

It just sounds like they're totally clueless.

Surely Disney wouldn't allow things to have gone this far if it was clear nobody at LF knew what they were doing

17. Bacon164

Mar 22, 2005
    No, it is not entirely possible that Disney is playing some master game with social media. The plot of the film has leaked. People are angry on social media. They are judging it before seeing it. It grinds my gears.

Ramza and DarthPhilosopher like this.
  18. SithLordDarthRichie

Oct 3, 2003
    I'd be inclined to judge it if it sounded like a total Trainwreck.
    It's why many people avoided Solo, the widely reported production issues made it seem like a lost cause.

Add to that the anger so many seem to have against Last Jedi and those involved in it it's no surprise they're judging the new movie.
    They don't want a repeat of the previous two movies.

I just don't want the toxic social media "fans" to be right, they're hard enough to put up with as it is without them having to shout "we were right you see, it's terrible!".
    Because then they feel like they're justified in their terrible behavior.

19. Boba_Fett_2001

Boba_Fett_2001 Chosen One star 8

Dec 11, 2000
    Leaks have been happening since the prequels. Hell, it's the reason why so many of us signed up for this website in the first place.

Diggy , vin, SuperWatto and 4 others like this.
  20. Bacon164

Mar 22, 2005
    Yes, I knew everything about AOTC and ROTS before watching them. What's new (at least to me) is the snowball of hate effect. I don't remember anything like that happening with the prequels, but it's happened with TLJ, with GOT Season 8. I don't want to debate the quality of either, but there is something distinctly modern about the leak culture that's emerged with these works and its effect on the discourse surrounding their respective films. TROS is the first time I can see it happening in real time. If there isn't an incredibly divisive conversation that occurs at release, largely supported by months of buildup in the leak community, then my point will be moot.

21. SithLordDarthRichie

Oct 3, 2003
    TROS isn't predicted to do particularly well on release.
    Certainly the pre-sales haven't been great compared to the previous ST movies from what I've seen.

I doubt it will bomb, but I'm not sure it will make much more than TLJ did. At least not easily.
    Although that's not untypical of Star Wars. TPM made more money than AOTC or ROTS. So it's hardly surprising if TFA ends up being the highest grossing ST movie.

Much will depend on reviews.
    Regardless of what many think of TLJ it did have good critical reception and a decent box office performance. Given the critical reputation of Star Wars was in the gutter after the PT, having Disney take over and produce stuff the critics actually like is an achievement in itself.
    Plus TLJ was the highest selling Blu Ray of 2018.
    Disney had plenty of reasons to be happy with it despite its divisive results within the fanbase.

22. vin

vin Chosen One star 6

Dec 16, 1999
    I think Solo received a decent amount of hate as well and that was long before TLJ.

23. Bacon164

Mar 22, 2005
    Solo was long before TLJ?

24. Darth Guy

Darth Guy Chosen One star 10

Aug 16, 2002
    I like it more than any of the other Disney Star Wars, but TLJ was divisive because of the choices it made. Solo was lame. I don't think it had all that much to do with leaks. I'm pretty sure I won't like the next movie because of the writer-director behind it. I've only really seen the trailers.

25. vin

vin Chosen One star 6

Dec 16, 1999
    Yeah the film announcement and slow trickle in of spoilers. That was happening long before the TLJ backlash.

Bacon164 likes this.