main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

JCC Embrace The FU - Formerly the STAR WARS IS BAD thread

Discussion in 'Community' started by -polymath-, Oct 30, 2012.

1. Rogue1-and-a-half

Rogue1-and-a-half Manager Emeritus who is writing his masterpiece star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 2, 2000
    Wait . . . has Wocky seen this movie already? Does he watch movies that he actually think he will enjoy or does he spend all his movie-watching time rushing to see movies he knows he's going to hate as soon as humanly possible? Is the movie out yet? I don't even know when it's coming out. But I see spoilers and I'm going to duck out of the thread until I get around to seeing it or else decide definitively that I'm not going to do so. The decent reviews are an encouragement, but I'm certainly not going to prioritize it in a world where Deadpool 2 exists. And a lot of higher priorities coming out in the weeks ahead: Hereditary, The Rider, Sweet Country, The Seagull, Under the Silver Lake, the new Jurassic World . . . luckily Solo will be in theaters for months, so I'll squeeze it in somewhere probably.

VadersLaMent and SuperWatto like this.
  2. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    Wocky watched Salo by mistake and is very disillusioned now by the fanbase.

3. Rogue1-and-a-half

Rogue1-and-a-half Manager Emeritus who is writing his masterpiece star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 2, 2000
    Turns out Han's signature smile really is a ****-eating grin.

4. Jabba-wocky

Jabba-wocky Chosen One star 10

May 4, 2003
    I haven't seen the film. I was reading the "Top Critic" reviews to find out what it was like and apparently several of them mentioned something that qualifies as a spoiler. There is one hard fact in there and the rest is my conclusions based on what else we know about the Star Wars universe.

I'm really very sorry to all those who saw the post before tags were up. I love talking with you guys and I think it's fun to think about things in a way you haven't before. But I would never intentionally ruin someone's experience.

Last edited: May 18, 2018
    Rogue1-and-a-half likes this.
  5. I Are The Internets

Nov 20, 2012
    I thought all our experiences were ruined the day we started posting in this thread?

6. Boba_Fett_2001

Boba_Fett_2001 Chosen One star 8

Dec 11, 2000

7. Ender Sai

Ender Sai Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2001
    Will you do this every other time you're poorly informed?

8. firesaber

firesaber Jedi Master star 4

Mar 5, 2006
    And this is the problem I am having with some portions of our fandom. Why does it have to be viewed as some sort of forced inclusion of other types of people? Why can't it be utilizing to the fullest the ability to have art actually imitate life without the ridiculous censorship we have endured over the past generation of either not showing different types of people or only casting them in a negative/stereotypical way? Bout damn time I say and I'm perfectly fine with more of it.

9. DarthIntegral

DarthIntegral JCC Baseball Draft/SWC Draft Commish star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP - Game Host

Jul 13, 2005
    You want him to double his post count?

Ender Sai, Diggy and Sarge like this.
  10. I Are The Internets

Nov 20, 2012
    I got my tickets for the 9:30 showing in IMAX, and I got other people to join. We can all hate it simultaneously.

soitscometothis likes this.
  11. Rogue1-and-a-half

Nov 2, 2000
    What people don't seem to understand is that

it's the exclusion that's been the agenda. People have lived with it so long that it's worked. To the degree that there's never been a "whatever" kind of character in a movie series that you liked, that was the agenda. The current inclusion isn't an agenda; it's reality. Reality is inclusive. To the degree that some movies are exclusive, that is the imposition of a fake agenda; a movie having people of all races, orientations, whatever in it is . . . well, it's just the natural state of existence.

12. DarthTunick

DarthTunick SFTC VII + Deadpool BOFF star 10 VIP - Game Host

Nov 26, 2000
    A comment on 19-years since TPM : I'm fairly certain that having to take me on Opening Night to see it led to my parents divorce. :p

Last edited: May 19, 2018
  13. Rogue1-and-a-half

Nov 2, 2000
    Is it bad that I still think Jar-Jar is the worst thing about TPM even though it destroyed your family?

Rylo Ken and Ramza like this.
  14. Diggy

Diggy Chosen One star 8

Feb 27, 2013
    It’s bad because he’s probably the third or fourth worse thing.

Rylo Ken and DarthIntegral like this.
  15. SuperWatto

SuperWatto Chosen One star 7

Sep 19, 2000
    1. There's always a bigger fish!

16. TiniTinyTony

TiniTinyTony JCC Super Bowl Pick 'Em Winner star 7 VIP - Game Winner

Mar 9, 2003
    If there's absolutely always a bigger fish, then Qui-Gon was a Sith.

17. SuperWatto

SuperWatto Chosen One star 7

Sep 19, 2000
    2. The negotiations were! short!

Last edited: May 20, 2018
    Diggy likes this.
  18. Diggy

Diggy Chosen One star 8

Feb 27, 2013
    Three better be a Ric quote.

DarthIntegral likes this.
  19. Ender Sai

Ender Sai Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2001
    There's not enough power to get us to Coruscant!

20. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    Does not compute. You’re under arrest.

21. firesaber

firesaber Jedi Master star 4

Mar 5, 2006
    This is so wizard!

22. Sarge

Sarge Chosen One star 10

Oct 4, 1998
    You assume too much.

23. DarthIntegral

DarthIntegral JCC Baseball Draft/SWC Draft Commish star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP - Game Host

Jul 13, 2005
    Are you an Angel?

24. Diggy

Diggy Chosen One star 8

Feb 27, 2013
    All of these - every single one - is worse than TPM ruining Tunick's life and given us the broken person we have to day.

So take heart, @DarthTunick

DarthTunick and DarthIntegral like this.
  25. DarthIntegral

Jul 13, 2005