main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Art Archive Zonoma's Old Thread

Discussion in 'Fan Art' started by Zonoma, Sep 22, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Briman

Briman Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 8, 2004
    Superb! =D=

2. Zonoma

Zonoma Jedi Master star 5

Jun 28, 2005
    NEW ARTWORK:

Another one for Children of the Force I; Callista Ming's incarnation (danged body snatcher!) as:

Estira

I can't wait to see what Sara does with this one. It is a bit toonish but I like it that way. What do you guys think?

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, LAURA!

3. IrishEyedJedi

IrishEyedJedi Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 24, 2005

Wait that's Wyn's real name? I always thought of her as Wyn.

Z that's really cool - two great sketches in one day. You my friend are a jack of all trades ;)

4. ladylaurel18

ladylaurel18 Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 12, 2005
    The great big caps wishing my name a happy dirthday in purple letters really threw me for a loop. Wynessa's name is Laura as well?

I recognized Leia, so it wasn't that bad. all the detail was awesome, actually - especially her hair. I don't know about the 45 minutes thing 'cause I've never timed myself on a sketch, but I think thats actually how long I take as a general rule. I couldn't imagine spending all the hours on it that Aurelia does...

And I think the main 'non Leia' feature is her nose. It seems a bit too big.

Callista...I'm seeing some things in this pic that I didn't in the one you showed me - like the crossed swords symbol on her brooch. Interesting. I have to say, it seems that you are best at clothes and hair from all the sketches I have seen.

5. academygrad88

academygrad88 Jedi Master star 5

Apr 6, 2004
    Callista....****Grrrr**** :mad:

[face_mischief] Sorry, she is okay in the profics, but she always plays the villian or the other woman in some of my favorite fanfics.

Very nice drawing. I once made up a picture of Luke and Callista, but I was told by the mods I would have to remove it or face banning. :p It was totally PG, and I thought it was funny, but I was told I may upset the Callista fans. Oh well.[face_worried] :rolleyes:

AG88

6. Idrelle_Miocovani

Idrelle_Miocovani Jedi Grand Master star 6

Feb 5, 2005
    I love your shading on this one, Z! It's awesome! :D

7. HanSolo29

HanSolo29 RPF/SWC/Fan Art Manager & Bill Pullman Connoisseur star 7 Staff Member Manager

Apr 13, 2001
    Great updates, Zonama!

Don't fret about the Leia drawing. You have it close enough so that it's recognizable. If all else fails, you could always say it's Dark Side Jaina. As I think it resembles her as well. ;)

The Callista drawing is well done as well. The pose she's in reminds me of a Mara image I saw a while back. I'm not sure if that's what you used for the model - or if you even used a model. But I think it works well. The only area of improvement I would say is the eyes. They seem a bit off in this drawing - not lined up or something. I think the right one may be just a tad bit too big. Other than that, excellent work! :D

8. Briman

Briman Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 8, 2004
    Beautiful! You got a great piece of Estira, capturing her dark, moody attitude.

9. Neo-Paladin

Neo-Paladin Jedi Master star 4

Dec 10, 2004
    Nice pencil work Z.

There, is that better than nice colors? o_O

10. FalconFan

FalconFan Jedi Master star 4

Jul 25, 2004
    Wow! Great drawing of Estira, Z! She's just like I pictured her, actually (I suppose it helps you as an artist, to be so involved in writing the story: it gives you not only the detailed description of the character, but a lot of insight into mannerisms, personality and character)--the sort of covertly sly expression on her face, the coy turn of her head, her beauty. Wonderful job! And if you tell me this took you 45 minutes (or less) I'm going to burn my art supplies! j/k :p Another great character illustration!

FF

11. Zonoma

Jun 28, 2005
    NEWLY COLORED:

Estira

This took sooooo long! Sara did the skin on photoshop for me while I did the rest on paint.

12. Lola64

Lola64 Jedi Master star 4

Mar 10, 2005
    Great job on Nen Veila Yim Z

And Estira is wonderful. Who is she? Just wondering.

13. Chilla

Chilla Jedi Master star 4

Jul 30, 2005
    :eek: After I had closed the window, I had to open it again and have a second look at Estira.
    I think, I'll dream about this eyes either....

Very good, I like it. Altough I don't like that Callista is the bad guy, I liked Callista in the books and was sad that she'd lost her.....abilities. But your fanfic is great and so does your fanart! [face_love] it.

14. Souderwan

Souderwan Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jun 3, 2005
    Great job, Z! I keep looking at detail on that cape and am just amazed! =D=

15. Zonoma

Jun 28, 2005
    Darth Leia Solo:
    I just want to say that . . . I look badass! Great job Z!!!
    -You ARE a, er, one of those. Wait til you see the icon that Sara has cooked up for Halloween!

Idrelle:
    LOL Z! It looks nice, the only thing I don't like is that there seems to be a lot of space between her eyes. But it is a very lovely picture!
    -Yeah, I saw that. I don?t know what is up with me lately.

Ooo! Halloween icon, you say?!
    -It looks suh-weet, too! Hope it is accepted.

Deb:
    Thank you about the hair and THANK YOU for the tips you have been sharing with me. I am going on a supply run next time I am in a decent sized city.

ag88:
    Leia as a Sith. Hmmmm... you know, I could never really picture that.
    I couldn?t either until I began to beta for IrishEyedJedi?s story The One He Saved. She is the one who requested the icon attempt. And thanks.

Captain Bree:
    Thank you.

Leah:
    ?jack of all trades.
    -and master of none. [face_laugh]

LL18:
    And I think the main 'non Leia' feature is her nose. It seems a bit too big.
    -I agree, though the eyes are too far apart, too.

ag88:
    I once made up a picture of Luke and Callista, but I was told by the mods I would have to remove it or face banning.:eek:[face_laugh]
    -That is the funniest thing I have heard in a while!

HanSolo:
    Nah, I used some magazine clip as a reference and then played with it. I love Mara though and when I do hers? It will be with the utmost care!

Neo-Paladin:
    Thanks! I still want to see YOUR line art? ever since you mentioned it, I have been terribly curious!

Deb:
    Wow! Great drawing of Estira, Z! She's just like I pictured her, actually (I suppose it helps you as an artist, to be so involved in writing the story: it gives you not only the detailed description of the character, but a lot of insight into mannerisms, personality and character)--the sort of covertly sly expression on her face, the coy turn of her head, her beauty. Wonderful job! And if you tell me this took you 45 minutes (or less) I'm going to burn my art supplies! j/k Another great character illustration!

Don?t you know by now that flattery will get you everywhere?:p Yes, it is definitely an advantage to be ?in the know? when doing characters and, Deb? I won?t tell you how long it took to do this one. [face_plain] It wasn?t as long as Leia, though. Well, for the pencil anyway. The coloring was marathon.

Lola!
    Estira is Callista Ming in her newest line of bodywear. :oops: *bad pun* She is one of the more complex characters in COTF and I?m working on that synonpsis next week!

Chilla:
    All I can really say is THANK YOU! And keep reading?

Souderwan:
    Hey there, stranger! Thanks for stopping by my shop.

16. Zonoma

Jun 28, 2005
    NEW ARTWORK!

Finally, the one I've been itching (and dreading) to do for weeks now:

Meari Durron

This one has been done for a specific scene in Children of the Force that is in the distant future so the background is yet to be inserted. We'll do the cool saber lighting then, too. Let me know what you guys think! I REALLY am proud of this one.

Oh yeah: I used that standard Windows paint program. Very tedious.

17. IrishEyedJedi

IrishEyedJedi Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 24, 2005

[face_laugh] [face_laugh]

Thanks for the plug Z - maybe I should hire you as my PR person. [face_thinking]

What icon is Sara working on?

This lovely picture is awesome by the way - I still want to know where her other arm is. The reflection off the of the boots is really cool. Great job!

18. Chilla

Chilla Jedi Master star 4

Jul 30, 2005
    She's really Jaina's daughter.... =D= Great! I especially like her boots.

Oh, now I want to draw again....Had been a while since the last activities in my own fanart thread......

19. princess_melissa

princess_melissa Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 7, 2005
    Z these are awsome!

Estria: I can't believe I missed this one until now. She's awsome. Different then I pictured her but still the drawing's awsome. I can't believe what you can do with MS Paint. I can never get it to cooperate for me.

Meari: I can definatally see Jaina in her. And again awsome job using paint. I'd love to be able to draw shading and all in pencil let alone paint on the computer.

20. Lola64

Lola64 Jedi Master star 4

Mar 10, 2005
    Wow Z. I like Meari's the best.

I can see so much of Jaina in her.

You are amazingly talented.

Maybe you should think about doing Children of the Force Christmas cards. I'm just saying.

21. Jennifer_Lyn

Jennifer_Lyn Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 8, 2005
    Wow Z!
    Meari looks great! Love the colors and reflections! Great pose, too.
    Good job!

22. Zonoma

Jun 28, 2005
    IEJ,
    :eek:No more PR positions, please! Argh!!! *runs screaming into the night*

Anyway, thank you so much and her arm was amputated when the Professor (of Back to the Future reknown) brought his train to a rest right on top of Meari. She's really quite lucky to be alive.

And I meant the icon you picked out to submit.

Chilla,
    [face_laugh]Would you believe me if I told you that I thought of you while I was working on those boots? And, yes! Go forth and draw!

princess,
    Yes, I promise I did it with MS Paint, though J_L has now directed me to Gimp. And, hon? You have an amazing talent with that pencil of yours! How's that assignment coming?

Lola,
    [face_laugh]Children of the Force Christmas cards? ROTF!

I really tried to make her a part of Jaina and Kyp, it's good to know that I succeeded in part. I am proud of how she turned out.

J_L,
    I can't wait to check out Gimp! Thank you so much for directing me there! And thank you. I searched long and hard for the 'right' pose! This one just WORKS, you know?

23. ladylaurel18

ladylaurel18 Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 12, 2005
    it's a post 'n run!

Great big kudos for using paint. I've never been able to draw with a mouse, it just doesn't work that well. The highlights were awesome, btw. She looks like she is positioning herself for a fight, about to go into a stance.

Nice job.

24. soitscometothis

soitscometothis Chosen One star 6

Jul 11, 2003
    I think Meari looks great.Very stylish.

25. WynssaStarflare

WynssaStarflare Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 17, 2004
    Great job on Meari Z! And thanks for the bday pic [:D] it's awesome!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.