side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Son of the Suns

Son of the Suns Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 6, 1999
    I saw a preview for this before Superman Returns. It's a superhero spoof where Tim Allen has a school for kids with powers and leads them on missions. And... it looks like complete garbage. Fart jokes, fat jokes, tired super strenght jokes... yawn. Not only that, but it's a total ripoff of Sky High (which was a pretty good movie, btw). They even have identical "superhero tryout" scenes. [face_plain]

2. JediPrettyBoy

JediPrettyBoy Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 10, 2005
    I second that yawn.

This has all been done before.

Mystery Men, Sky High, etc, etc.

3. Clayface

Clayface Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 21, 2006
    Ditto.

This looks like a bad excuse at getting washed up comedians some work (Allen, Chase, Cox).

The best actor of them all will probably be that seven year-old girl.

[face_plain]

4. weezer

weezer Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 16, 2001
    Know what I just found out.

This is actually based on a comic book, not just a spoof of comic movies.

Learn something new everyday.

5. Moleman1138

Moleman1138 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 18, 2004
    I tried to close my eyes during this atrocious trailer. No more of these movies, please.

6. weezer

May 16, 2001
    What kind of movie would that be, comic adaptations o_O

I'm starting to get a little interested in it actually. These indie, little known comic movies can be hit or miss (which I guess is true of any adaptation) look at how MIB took off though. It seems fitting that the creator is a long time Disney animator. He even did story boards for your favorite movie Moleman (Over the Hedge). Allen has done a lot of stinkers lately but maybe he'll be able to capture some of that Galaxy Quest magic again. I wasn't a big fan of that movie initially but now I really like it. This looks like it could be similar.

I may give it a shot.

7. Moleman1138

Aug 18, 2004
    I'm fine with comic adaptations, just making them childish like a Sky High or the last Spy Kids (which aren't the same genre but still have the same feel) isn't what I'm looking for. But again it's a kids movie, so we can't expect Oscar.

8. weezer

May 16, 2001
    Now you don't like kid movies o_O

Wasn't your former favorite movie of the year a kid's movie o_O o_O

I kid, I kid. :p [face_worried]

I know where you are coming from. There are those movies from that odd side of Rodriguez that really only appeal to young children (and usually not even them) as opposed to those movies that are truly family movies and have something in it for both young and old to enjoy. In many ways Zoom does look more like the former then the later. After all Breslin has been the poster boy for those movies since they started. There are bits and pieces here and there that make me think it might be an enjoyable for all ages type thing.

9. Moleman1138

Aug 18, 2004
    [face_monkey]

That is all. :p

It tries to be a film that the whole family can enjoy but in the long run it's just so kid-centric turning off so many demographics.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.