main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Characters Possible romance of Palpatine?

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by Slowpokeking, Oct 7, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kataja

kataja Jedi Master star 4

May 4, 2007
    I think Palpatine was beyond romance by the time we meet him in the movies - physical relationships, yes, and manipulations - but that's that. At some earlier point he's most likely been different, but I haven't read Darth Plagieus, so I can't say how far back that would go. I could well see intellingent youn Palpatine love an intelligent woman back on Naboo, though, probably someone less idealistic than Padme, but still intellelligent and radiant. Before I heard of Mara Jade, I imagined a love interest for Luke who was Palpatine's grandchild, the daughter of a runaway daughter who'd been hidden away - but the story grew too lenghty and then Mara came along ;)

It could be cool, though, to see a returned love interest, someone from his past, who'd still make an impact on him. [face_thinking]

As for Mara, I could see it happen in a slight AU, and it could be interesting too - but not on these boards - too nauseating[face_sick]

2. CmdrMitthrawnuruodo

CmdrMitthrawnuruodo Force Ghost star 6

Jul 1, 2000
    Darth Plagueis portrays him as a sociopath from a very early age and I believe sociopaths are incapable of love.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

kataja and Alexis_Wingstar like this.
  3. Alexis_Wingstar

Alexis_Wingstar Jedi Master star 4

Sep 16, 2006
    I haven't read that book yet, but it's pretty much what I thought about Palpatine anyway... that he was a sociopath. However, a few of the things in a sociopath's profile do not seem to apply to Palpatine (at least in cannon), such as poor behavioral controls/impulsive nature and wonton sexual exploits. Though by the time we see him, he may have been able to exert control over his more impulsive nature. Also, he may have been able to hide the times where he DID give in to his base desires.

4. CmdrMitthrawnuruodo

CmdrMitthrawnuruodo Force Ghost star 6

Jul 1, 2000
    He did have those traits in his youth. His manifested in fast speeders and recklessness. He also snapped and murdered his family and the house guards.

But I think his training as a Sith helped him control it by the time he became an ambassador for Naboo.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5. Slowpokeking

Slowpokeking Jedi Master star 5

Sep 21, 2012

Well Palpatine is superior than Tarkin, he could use his power to get her.

I'm not sure about her age, she was adult before BY, but still looked no more than 40 in like 45 ABY.

6. Slowpokeking

Slowpokeking Jedi Master star 5

Sep 21, 2012
    I already wrote one about Dooku work with Galadriel.

I think Palpatine would like to manipulate a very strong female, but he wouldn't have feeling until she was under his control, and she would lost what made her great by then.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.