main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lit L-Canon -- or, Taking Matters Into Our Own Hands (Final Results Announced)

Discussion in 'Literature' started by CooperTFN, Mar 6, 2013.

1. Lugija

Lugija Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 3, 2009
    Dadanarchy: For those special moments when giraffes play ukulele and tree mounds three pounds and that's a discount!

2. Starkeiller

Starkeiller Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 5, 2004
    Chika-boom-boom chakala-cha.

3. Random Comments

Random Comments Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 25, 2012

........................This thread is really strange.

credar and CooperTFN like this.
  4. MistrX

MistrX Jedi Master star 4

Jun 20, 2006
    Still not as strange as that Duros thread.

5. CooperTFN

CooperTFN TFN EU Staff Emeritus star 7 VIP

Jul 8, 1999
    Once again (and especially given the thread's recent, ah, evolution), I'd appreciate it if a representative of our recently-doubled staff of illustrious mods could update the OP with the final results, so anyone who happens to come in here looking for them doesn't have to wade though a bunch of Death Star nonsense, or...whatever the hell is happening now.

Iron_lord likes this.
  6. Point Given

Point Given Manager star 7 Staff Member Manager

Dec 12, 2006
    Final results are located in the original post

CooperTFN likes this.
  7. Lugija

Lugija Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 3, 2009
    I spent a long time wondering what Point Given could have originally written when a mod had to completely rewrite it. I'm too old for this.

8. Zorrixor

Zorrixor Chosen One star 6

Sep 8, 2004
    Don't feel bad, I made that mistake at first too. :p

9. Point Given

Point Given Manager star 7 Staff Member Manager

Dec 12, 2006
    No respect I tell ya

10. quinlan solo

quinlan solo Jedi Knight

Nov 28, 2012
    Question: Is there an L-Canon consensus on how to reconcile Dark Disciple Quinlan Vos with Dark Horse Vos?

11. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    So far the Vos stuff is dramatically contracted by the new TV show. It would seem logical that Vos is part of the inner circle of Dooku's pre-TCW appearance, and the Siege of Saluecami is post-DD. Tholme's death is, as ever, exaggerated.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

quinlan solo likes this.
  12. quinlan solo

quinlan solo Jedi Knight

Nov 28, 2012

Thanks! Have there been any suggestions as to how Tholme managed to fake his death so well that even Ventress thought she had killed him? (Force-doppelganger? Or a heart-stopping trance like Luke pulled during planetfall to Dathomir in TCOPL, followed by a really intense healing trance? Or did he fake the hologram and implant fake memories in Ventress?)

Also, from the DD thread:
    Did Quinlan experience memory loss (again!) between Dreadnoughts of Rendili and DD? The best scenario I can come up with is that after Tholme faked his death, Vos, from fear of being driven to the dark side by grief, asked Villie to procure some of that mind-wipe spice and convinced a Jedi healer (maybe Barriss Offee?) to use it to target specific memories (such as, of his time with Dooku), and memories of Khaleen were an unintended casualty.

I guess I was wondering if anyone had been working on retcons for these issues, or whether people had decided to take a Steve Sansweet "foggy window" approach to the whole thing.

13. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    Well Tholme pulled the heart-stopping trance on Devaron to be fair. He probably survived his wounds, faked his death in the Force, and Ventress, like Aurra, fell for it.

14. quinlan solo

quinlan solo Jedi Knight

Nov 28, 2012
    Fair point. I'd forgotten about Devaron; I was only remembering his classic "fall into the abyss" fake death on Saleucami.

Sinrebirth likes this.
  15. Sinrebirth

Nov 15, 2004
    This thread is all the more fun now Depa also, like Ofee, escaped her coma to get pardoned and Order 66'd. It's amusing crossover from Legends and Canon if you want to look at it that way.

BigAl6ft6 likes this.