main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Challenge Diary Challenge 2013 question for mini challenge

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by Diary_Challenge_Sock, Nov 21, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Briannakin

Briannakin Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 25, 2010
    OOOhh! Fun. My muse needed a kick in the butt and this may have helped. Though I may use it in August.

2. Jedi_Lover

Jedi_Lover Chosen One star 5

Nov 1, 2004
    Are we going to a mini challenge for October?

3. Falcon

Falcon Chosen One star 10

Feb 7, 2002
    open to suggestions

4. Diary_Challenge_Sock

Diary_Challenge_Sock Jedi Master star 2

Oct 23, 2007
    The diary index has been updated. Please let me know if I've missed anything.

5. Jedi_Lover

Nov 1, 2004
    October is for Fall or Halloween. Maybe changing of the seasons or something scary for the mini challenge.

6. Falcon

Feb 7, 2002
    How something different like Sith scare or treat Night [face_thinking]

7. MsLanna

MsLanna Jedi Master star 6

Jul 8, 2005
    Ready to sign up for next year. :D [face_blush]

8. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    Me too [face_dancing] A Mara diary is rolling around in my head and I'm going to avidly beg serendipityaey for a JGS diary -- Elleree (her OC) LOL [:D] =P~

serendipityaey likes this.
  9. Jedi_Lover

Nov 1, 2004
    I really like doing these Journals because you really don't need a plot. I mean…nobody really has a plot in real life…things just happen. Sometimes they are good things and sometimes bad.

I was thinking of a double journal. I was going to have my OC Talon Tantiss and Ben Skywalker working together closely. I would be interested in seeing how the two interpret the same life circumstances differently. I think I have seen double journals before. Are their double journals?

10. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    Jedi_Lover - what an intriguing idea - a double journal. [face_thinking] I bet an L/M double would be very interesting - besides the natural differences you'd get based on their life experiences making for different frames of reference, you have the GFFA version of Mars versus Venus [face_laugh] :cool:

11. Jedi_Lover

Nov 1, 2004
    Luke and Mara would be a great double journal for an AU story that starts right after he gives her his lightsaber. They go back to their rooms and both think about that gesture. Maybe Luke sees it as a way to encourage her to train and Mara sees it as a possible romantic gesture. It would be fun to see those two misinterpreting each other's actions.

Falcon and Nyota's Heart like this.
  12. Ceillean

Ceillean Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 13, 2001
    Eh, why not? Might be fun. So...I'm on board once this starts up again.

13. Falcon

Feb 7, 2002
    that would be a fun way to explore :)

Nyota's Heart likes this.
  14. serendipityaey

serendipityaey Jedi Master star 4

Jan 24, 2004
    Oooohh, hmmmmmm...

Nyota's Heart likes this.
  15. earlybird-obi-wan

earlybird-obi-wan Chosen One star 6

Aug 21, 2006
    I have been writing a triple journal this year (Students) and have done a double journal before

I have plans for continuing Kaagi's diary and will start a new one about a republic, imperial, rebel pilot

16. Briannakin

Briannakin Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 25, 2010
    I'm kinda sad that my diary died this year. I really like writing it, but many of you know of my bi-polar summer, which killed it.

I'm definitely going to try to do a 2014 diary (hopefully it'll be a less year poopie for me). I have a couple of ideas, but I've had a plot that's been bugging me for a while now. It's rather dark, but I think it'll make a brilliant diary and I've finally figured out how to do it. If I do it it'll be much less of a "this happened today" type diary, but more of a reflection (for the first few entries anyways). But it is very dark so I'm not sure if I could do it on these boards, make it PG, and still do it justice. Maybe I'll decide on one of my other ideas.

17. Diary_Challenge_Sock

Diary_Challenge_Sock Jedi Master star 2

Oct 23, 2007
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.