main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Fanclub What Is Thy Bidding My Master? *Darth Vader Fanclub* (All Are Welcome)

Discussion in 'Star Wars Community' started by Chancellor Yoda, Apr 20, 2015.

1. Darth_Pevra

Darth_Pevra Chosen One star 6

May 21, 2008
    [​IMG]

Totally shipping them.

2. Qui-Gon Keith

Qui-Gon Keith Jedi Master star 2

Oct 5, 2015
    Hi all! My favorite Darth Vader line has gotta be "With our combined strength, we can end this destructive conflict and bring order to the galaxy." Why this line? Well, in this single line, Vader has revealed his intentions to topple the Emperor and rule the galaxy for himself, and I just like the ambitious side of Vader. My favorite Vader scene has gotta be both the duels in TESB and ROTJ. Hands down still the best lightsaber duels in all 6 SW films, IMHO.

I also wanted to share this picture and the accompanying narrative by the artist, Steven J. Levin: [​IMG]

"This is an imagined picture and not really an image of Vader at any particular point in the storyline, so I have taken a few liberties there. He is the most interesting character to me, the central figure in the story, and a tortured one, the golden boy gone terribly wrong. The Emperor torments him with dreams and promises, carefully driving a wedge between Anakin and the Jedi sect, his only family. At the crucial moment, when the Emperor reveals himself, Anakin might have achieved his destiny right then and destroyed Palpatine – but he didn’t, and thus set himself upon a long dark road that only ended when he finally does fulfill his destiny.

In the films, there is the recurring theme of people leading double lives and I wanted that somehow in the painting, thus Anakin is depicted in the Vader garb but with the mask off revealing an unscarred face. The setting is Mustafar, the planet where Anakin seals his own fate, and thus where Vader was born. The thing that intrigued me about the star wars saga is the idea of the Jedi as protector knights and conversely of Darth Vader as a kind of dark knight.

The portrait is of him in that role, as a knight might have been painted, with sword in hand, and helmet under his arm, but hopefully capturing some of the conflict in his character. The clouds are dark and foreboding, but the light breaking through above is symbolic of his eventual redemption."

3. minnishe

minnishe Jedi Master

Feb 5, 2009
    Why? O:) Just look at Vader ... so tame and sweet.

DarthIshyZ likes this.
  4. Master_Rebado

Master_Rebado Chosen One star 6

May 31, 2004
    Vader is awesome!!!!

Iron_lord likes this.
  5. Darth_Pevra

May 21, 2008
    And cuddly?

Nah man, you're avatar is just wrong. Poor Vader, he has to endure Tarkin's foul stench all day long.

KaziKat and Darth Downunder like this.
  6. minnishe

minnishe Jedi Master

Feb 5, 2009
    Poor indeed! :D

Darth_Pevra likes this.
  7. Darth_Pevra

May 21, 2008
  8. darthtimetraveller

darthtimetraveller Jedi Knight star 3

Aug 9, 2015
    Vader/Anakin is one of my fav characters. I thought Hayden was great in RotS, and James Earl Jones is the man!

minnishe likes this.
  9. Darth_Pevra

May 21, 2008
    James Earl Jones is the man indeed. I'll grin like an idiot if he is announced to voice Vader in a life action film.

minnishe and Admiral Volshe like this.
  10. Chancellor Yoda

Chancellor Yoda Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 25, 2014
    Welcome minnishe, DarthKeithSkywalker and darthtimetraveller! :D

Cubman987
    Jedi Knight Fett
    Pensivia
    PadawanEmily
    Saga Explorer
    Darth_Furio
    JEDI-RISING
    James T Kirk
    SatineNaberrie
    Cushing's Admirer
    Skywalkin'
    Darth Argel
    Queen Apailana
    Force Smuggler
    Admiral Volshe
    DarthIshyZ
    DarthNexys
    TrustyTrooper
    Jedi with a TARDIS
    Darth_Pevra
    Blazinga'd
    La Calavera.
    minnishe
    DarthKeithSkywalker
    darthtimetraveller

Admiral Volshe and minnishe like this.
  11. Darth_Pevra

May 21, 2008
    Great artwork:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Heroic BB-8 and Admiral Volshe like this.
  12. Darth_Pevra

May 21, 2008
    [​IMG]

More romantic Vader:

[​IMG]

13. KaziKat

KaziKat Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 29, 2015
    May I join? Darth Vader is one of my favorite characters.

14. Darth_Pevra

May 21, 2008
    How do you guys and gals think a confrontation between Vader and Ahsoka would play out? I am pretty excited for seeing that.

15. La Calavera

La Calavera Force Ghost star 4

Sep 2, 2015
    Vader vs Ahsoka is the thing I want to see the most in Rebels!

What I want to see:
    + Some emotional interchange. Well, emotional on her part at least. Vader should be mostly stoic. But not entirely. I also want to see him having some kind of reaction to the fact that he is battling his ex-padawan, who was like a sister to him, and that said padawan is poking at old wounds and threatening old memories to surface.
    + Ahsoka not holding back. I want to see an epic fight with massive collateral damage.
    + Vader overpowering her in lightsaber duel, and counter her every move. He should be the better duelist, not just because of skill, but also because he knows her style better than she knows his (since he changed his fighting style after suit).
    + Ahsoka using her agility and speed as her best weapon against him, and even their surroundings as well.
    + Two encounters would be better than just one. But only two, not three or four.
    + If two it is, then the first encounter should end with her losing a limb. I know that Beauty Is Never Tarnished but c’mon, this is Star Wars! Plus it would be cool to see Ahsoka with a cybernetic arm. Or a cybernetic leg.

What I don’t want to see:
    - Ahsoka not giving her all because she believes she can save him/doesn’t want to fight him ala Luke.
    - Ahsoka defeating Vader, but then refusing to kill him, etc., becoming the Mary Sue Starkiller of the new canon. No thanks.
    - Vader killing Ahsoka too soon. He likes to prolong fights.
    - Vader trying to convince Ahsoka to join him. I know a lot of people expect this to happen, but I still want to believe that the reason why he asked Luke was because he was his son. Plus that happened only after his relationship with Sidious changed, as we saw in the comics. Before that, I don’t think Vader was interested at all in recruiting an apprentice, because he’s very true to his Sith beliefs (TFU was never canon to me anyway).
    - No torture scenes, because torture in Star Wars is lame (except in the comics).

16. Darth_Pevra

May 21, 2008
    I am afraid I must absolutely disagree with you, Calavera. "Cybernetic leg"? Pfffft. Lame. Cybernetic eye is where it's at. :p

Nah, I agree with you on pretty much all accounts. Only I would like to see Vader trying to turn her, because I think it's very much in character for him. Yes sure Luke was his son, but he also had paternal feelings towards Ahsoka. He's a patriarchal person. However I think he wouldn't consider her an apprentice but rather chief Inquisitor or something similarly.

La Calavera likes this.
  17. La Calavera

Sep 2, 2015
    Vader slashing her eye and Ahsoka having to wear a robotic eye that could scan scenarios and opponents for extra intel would be badass. I doubt that Rebels would do something like that though.

I don’t know, I think with Luke was because Luke represented a new hope for him. He was connected to Padme, the main reason why turned to the darkside.
    Ahsoka is painful, bitter remainder of the man he used to be and the life he used to have before suit. I agree that his fatherly instincts could kick in at some point, but only at an unconscious level, and not consciously, like trying to convince her to join him.

18. Darth_Pevra

May 21, 2008
    I'm not saying he would openly acknowledge any fatherly instincts. He would probably try to rationalize it with "she could be a useful ally" and "it's better to turn your enemy rather than slay them" which is actually fairly logical. Not even the audience should know exactly what's going on behind that mask of his.

I had an idea that he could offer to spare her and make her an Inquisitor if she gives him Kenobi's location.

19. La Calavera

Sep 2, 2015
    Him offering to spare her in exchange for Kenobi's location, that I could see. His main interest is Obi-Wan after all, and I know that Vader will try to use her to get to Kenobi in some way or another. As long as he doesn't capture her and then tickle "torture" her only for her rebel friends to come an save the day like Rebels season 01 finale.

20. Darth_Pevra

May 21, 2008
    Um yea ... I'm afraid that's exactly what's going to happen.

21. Admiral Volshe

Admiral Volshe Chosen One star 10

Sep 2, 2012
    I don't really want Vader to really get too involved with Ahsoka. I'd actually prefer beyond an encounter it stays impersonal. He certainly did not feel very strongly about Obi-Wan in ANH.

22. DarthIshyZ

DarthIshyZ Chosen One star 8

Jan 8, 2005
    Good ideas, all. She's got to die, of course. Kinda dark for Disney, I know, but I don't know if I can handle her being alive when ANH comes out. I'm still reading Aftermath, and Fulcrum is mentioned, but does anyone have any idea if she's supposed to survive that long?

23. Admiral Volshe

Admiral Volshe Chosen One star 10

Sep 2, 2012
    I don't think anyone knows much of where Aftermath is going yet. Your guess is as good as mine.

24. Darth_Pevra

May 21, 2008
    I think a honorable death would suit Ahsoka much better than just having her survive everything. The last is lazy writing which will eventually stretch credibility, while a heroic death against her former master would enhance her story.

Vader also needs to get some kills under his belt and I am talking about more than some redshirts.

DarthIshyZ likes this.
  25. Chancellor Yoda

Chancellor Yoda Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 25, 2014