main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE
  2. ATTENTION: All leaks and rumors MUST be spoiler tagged. Information from official sources or the big trades do NOT need to be tagged

TV Discussion Official Dave Filoni Appreciation Thread

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Current and Future Shows' started by ImNotAStarWarsFanboy, Feb 28, 2015.

1. Devizz

Devizz Jedi Master star 3

Apr 30, 2014

I sort of agree with you in terms of that Ahsoka should not get a happy ending in Rebels. She ain't getting one though, Dave knows better than that. ;)

pepoluan likes this.
  2. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    I mean that's what people said in TCW.

3. Devizz

Devizz Jedi Master star 3

Apr 30, 2014

I don't think killing her off in TCW would have been such a good idea. Her leaving the order made her character much more interesting. Also it made much more sense in a grand scheme of things, from my point of view Anakin has a very good reason to question or even hate the Council after how they treated Ahsoka.

4. jabberwalkie

jabberwalkie Jedi Master star 4

Dec 2, 2014
    Personally, I don't think her dying in TCW was really ever in the cards. We can talk about how it was directed at a more mature audience, how loss was part of the show, and that Lucas thought she should have died and Filoni persuaded him otherwise until the cows come home but I really don't think her dying was what was planned on happening. If we hadn't gotten Rebels, she would have faded off into obscurity but now that we do then I see her story being wrapped up in some fashion. Though I sincerely doubt that how her story ends will please everyone.

5. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    I am pretty sure it's impossible for anything that happens to Ashoka to please everyone. :p

sarlaccsaurs-rex likes this.
  6. Jedi Master Scorpio

Jedi Master Scorpio Star Wars Television star 5 Staff Member Manager

Oct 24, 2015

I like her character, but in the grand scheme of things it is out of my hands as to what will happen to her. The fact that she knew both of Luke and Leia's parents in my mind is rather important. I don't know of any other EU character besides maybe Mon Mothma, who may have known both of them. But regardless I hope we see some good stuff from her in Rebels, whatever her fate may be.

Ahsoka's Tano likes this.
  7. Ahsoka's Tano

Ahsoka's Tano Force Ghost star 7

Oct 28, 2014
    I don't think I've commented in this thread before, but I'm sure my signature speaks for itself.

Embomania and Devizz like this.
  8. Vorax

Vorax Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 10, 2014
    Dave working in some EU:;)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

DarthKreVass likes this.
  9. jeremiahj13

jeremiahj13 Jedi Padawan star 1

Jan 6, 2016
    Dave Filoni made the greatest contribution to Star Wars. That is THE CLONE WARS. I am really praying God will speak to Filoni in a dream to finish his undone work :p

10. Vorax

Vorax Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 10, 2014
    Dave is that you?!;)

11. jabberwalkie

jabberwalkie Jedi Master star 4

Dec 2, 2014
    FTFY. [face_peace]

pepoluan and jeremiahj13 like this.
  12. MandoArtist

MandoArtist Jedi Master star 4

Nov 12, 2015
    TY Filoni for giving us Sabine.

thatotherjedi likes this.
  13. CheckSix

CheckSix Jedi Padawan star 1

Dec 15, 2015
    All I know of Dave Filoni is what I see on interviews and special features . . . and I love listening to him. I will only speak of him with regard to TCW, because that is where most of my attention goes. I love how he worked his affection for wolves into the Clone Wars universe. I love how he prevented TCW from becoming overly sappy and sentimental, how he put some edgy stuff in there, and how he wasn't afraid to put his name behind the occasional "goofball" episode (most of which were humorous in their own ways). I absolutely love his portrayal of Anakin Skywalker -- much more so than what we see in the prequels. He gave us a mostly realistic depiction of what a "Grand Army" would look and act like. And shame on me for saying this . . . but his male characters acted like men. So many shows these days have "the sensitive male" who can't make a hard decision to save his life, cries at the drop of a hat, and is so incompetent, there always has to be a woman to save his rear end (think, "The Force Awakens). What I loved about Filoni is that in TCW, he had tough women, but he didn't have to make the men idiots in order to make the women be tough.

14. DarthTalgus

DarthTalgus Force Ghost star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    Thank thee, great Filoni for thou art kind [face_praying]

MandolorianSoldier likes this.
  15. jeremiahj13

jeremiahj13 Jedi Padawan star 1

Jan 6, 2016
    Ahah, is that who I need to start writing to instead? :p

16. CoolyFett

CoolyFett Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 3, 2003
    Seems like he is doing that with Rebels, many loose ends are being tied up. Top man for doing that. I like how he focuses on OT, PT and TCW characters. Leia and
    Maul
    in the same series is awesome. The last bit of good Star Wars Ill ever get.

17. TheSilentInfluence

TheSilentInfluence Retired Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 15, 2014
    CoolyFett

Please add spoiler tags when you talk about
    Maul in Rebels.
    as that is a major spoiler and must be tagged until the episode airs.

18. rumblewagon

rumblewagon Force Ghost star 4

Sep 24, 2004
    Dave Filoni has done so much to re-invigorate the spirit and mystery back into Star Wars. TCW is what pulled me back into the universe after the PT. It's obvious he's a true fan of the mythology and is completely dedicated to doing the very best job he can with his opportunity in the SW universe. I'd be very curious in how he'd do with live-action rather than animated. I wonder if his skills would transfer over very easily, or if it would be a great challenge.

19. DANNASUK

DANNASUK Force Ghost star 7

Nov 1, 2012
    In all honesty, Dave should be credited for bringing some of the Old Republic gold mine to canon; I'm not the only member, who has said, the Old Republic era has so much untapped potential for the franchise.

20. Jedi Master Scorpio

Oct 24, 2015

There are many that would love to see him direct an Anthology film. I think he would be great.

DarthKreVass likes this.
  21. Jedi Master Scorpio

Oct 24, 2015
    That is just what I have been hearing anyway.

22. Deliveranze

Deliveranze Force Ghost star 6

Nov 28, 2015
    I met him during Star Tours in 2009. Really great guy and incredibly down to earth. He drew me a custom Anakin face too. :p

Dagobahsystem and Pensivia like this.
  23. MandoArtist

MandoArtist Jedi Master star 4

Nov 12, 2015
    In Filoni we trust.

24. DarthTalgus

DarthTalgus Force Ghost star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    I misread that, I thought you said that Filoni drew Anakin on your face [face_laugh]

Deliveranze likes this.
  25. StarWarsFreak93

StarWarsFreak93 Jedi Master star 4

Jan 20, 2015
    To me, Filoni is the true man behind SW (along with Pablo Hidalgo). I wish these two ran Lucasfilm. They get Star Wars, as a whole franchise, and don't just focus on the nostalgia and constantly only referring to the OT. Filoni throws references from all spectrums of the SW universe into TCW and Rebels, and actually looks into the books and games and comics, same with Hidalgo (although that's his job as a member of the Story Group, but still...).

I really appreciate everything Filoni has brought to the SW universe, all the new characters that have become my favorites like Kanan and Chopper and Cad Bane and Ahsoka. I hope to meet him someday to personally thank him, as to me, he's almost as important as George Lucas to the SW universe.