main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Speculation What would you be annoyed at if Disney removed?

Discussion in 'Star Wars: New Films - No Spoilers Allowed' started by scooper121s, Mar 6, 2014.

1. Kenneth Morgan

Kenneth Morgan Chosen One star 5

May 27, 1999
    Not exactly "removed" and not exactly "annoyed", but I'd be disappointed if the new movies broke tradition and opened with credits (beyond the company logos), rather than a prologue. Even a simple "A J.J. Abrams Film" would be out of place.

Julius Vernon likes this.
  2. Bobatron

Bobatron Jedi Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    I don't think you have to worry about that. That simple "A J.J. Abrams Film" would be a part of a short opening credits sequence (what is generally seen on the poster) and not just that by itself. I'm expecting an all new original Disney opening and segue into the Lucasfilm logo, OR just the Lucasfilm logo with new original music, or just silence with simply the Lucasfilm logo. I can't believe none of the interviewers have asked J.J. Abrams about this, however I want to be surprised. I'm actually more curious about this detail than anything else.

3. DARTH_BELO

DARTH_BELO Force Ghost star 5

Nov 25, 2003
    I would be annoyed if they tried too hard to copy the OT as well. I am one of those that also feels that it's important for the ST to have its own thematic elements, tone, and atmosphere, and I really do not want to watch three movies that are basically just a carbon copy of the OT in every way. (I think that's part of the reason why some people disliked the PT – because it wasn't just like ANH. But I didn't see it that way-was glad to see it was different.)

In fact since the PT has it's own feel as well, having three different trilogies with their own tone and atmospheres would suddenly make the PT stand out much less in peoples eyes (I bet) when compared with the rest of the saga.

Three separate trilogies, each with their own themes and tone… I would love that!

Far as technical elements, I think the biggest thing that I would be annoyed with is if they skipped or changed the opening crawl. After six movies being the same, there's no reason to change it.

Hogsquattle and stormcloud8 like this.
  4. Sarge

Sarge Chosen One star 10

Oct 4, 1998
    I'd be really annoyed if they removed the sound effects from lightsabers. Oh, and the light too, I'd be super annoyed if they removed light from lightsabers.

Howard Hand likes this.
  5. TheYodaPagoda

TheYodaPagoda Force Ghost star 4

Apr 23, 2002
    I was actually thinking that we'd see the Bad Robot logo before or after the Lucasfilm logo...after that, it'll be business as usual I'm certain of it. JJ Abrams won't be adding his name at the beginning, or messing with any tried and true formats. But will we get an Episode II "Up" camera pan? I guess it sure made it different!

6. Bobatron

Sep 3, 2012
    I don't expect to see the Bad Robot logo. That Episode 2 pan-up was the biggest thrill of the movie. It was so unexpected. I won't be surprised if the other movies start differently. I think that will be one reason for their existence, to do Star Wars in a slightly different way.
    I've always thought it would be neat to see a camera pull back from the starfield and into the cockpit or observation deck of a ship.
    Like someone else said, seeing too many references and reused lines to look and sound like the classic movies would seem too desperate.

ThatWanFromStewjon likes this.
  7. ThatWanFromStewjon

ThatWanFromStewjon Jedi Knight star 4

Oct 8, 2012
    I don't what Disney could remove?

I hope the put the Disney logo at the start and (like they often do for other films) give it a Star Wars spin.

Exactly - people really had set their minds on a lot of preconceived notions and can't adjust.

Just like in real life, Star Wars characters don't always tell the truth and history - even your family history isn't always what you were lead to believe it was.

I agree - if people make assumptions about the films and set their hearts on them they will be massively disappointed.

Just like the Prequels were about a completely different story than the OT, so will the ST but there many connections to join them all together and characters will be dealing with the consequences of events in the previous stories.

8. Legacy Jedi Endordude

Legacy Jedi Endordude Jedi Knight star 3

Sep 9, 2012
    Jedi, Lightsabers, The Force, Blasters, Main Theme, Humans, Epic one-liners, Ships, The Word STAR, the word WARS, audio (then again, Star Wars without sound would be pretty epic! Right? Anyone gonna agree with me? No. ok.)

Or even worse. They remove Star Wars from History by traveling to the past in Spaceship Earth!

9. Hoggsquattle

Hoggsquattle Jedi Master star 5

Feb 7, 2009

The Fox logo will be replaced by the Disney logo, and maybe the Bad Robot logo, but that is all - Abrams name will not appear until the end credits.

10. Bobatron

Sep 3, 2012
    I didn't speculate the opening would have "A J.J. Abrams Film" but replied to someone else who mentioned that and elaborated the instances when that kind of credit is used. Opening sequences with that, don't just have that line by itself without other credits.
    I'm not expecting anything but a Lucasfilm logo. No Disney, no Bad Robot, no names. Maybe it would feel less naked if it followed a THX Deep Note graphic. THX, then Lucasfilm, then "A long time ago...". That would be nice.

11. Amber Kenobi

Amber Kenobi Jedi Padawan star 2

Feb 12, 2016
    I would be (and everyone would be) if the next movie were called Jar-Jar and the Gungans Go to Jakku

12. Howard Hand

Howard Hand Jedi Master star 4

Feb 11, 2015
    I'd be annoyed if John Williams didn't return, though that would likely be more up to him than Rian Johnson or Disney.

Sarge likes this.
  13. Darth Basin

Darth Basin Jedi Master star 5

Aug 15, 2015
    I would be annoyed if there is no opening crawl in the Anthology movies.

14. TCF-1138

TCF-1138 Anthology/Fan Films/NSA Mod & Ewok Enthusiast star 6 Staff Member Manager

Sep 20, 2002
    I would be annoyed if there was an opening crawl in the Anthology movies.

I say let that be a thing for the Saga movies. But I think "A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away...." is important!

15. CT1138

CT1138 Jedi Master star 4

Sep 4, 2013
    If they removed the prequels from the canon.

16. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    I'm already mad that they took the Ewok movies away from me. That's the true saga!

17. Lulu Mars

Lulu Mars Chosen One star 5

Mar 10, 2005
    My BD player.

18. Darth Basin

Darth Basin Jedi Master star 5

Aug 15, 2015
    If they never recanoned the True Mandalorians, I mean they already recanoned Death Watch, Journeyman Protectors & pacifist Mandos.

19. jkarateking

jkarateking Jedi Padawan star 1

Apr 16, 2016
    Jar Jar Binks. The internet would be a boring place without him