main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Official Info Rogue One Trailers and TV Spots - NSA Edition

Discussion in 'Star Wars: New Films - No Spoilers Allowed' started by TCF-1138 , Apr 6, 2016.

1. TheOneX_Eleazar

TheOneX_Eleazar Jedi Knight star 4

Oct 24, 2013
  2. Bloncket

Bloncket Jedi Padawan

May 26, 2016
    Punch it!
    [​IMG]

This is the stand-out for me, on first viewing. This altered angle. Just to-the-left-and-down of something we've seen before, becoming - all at once - something we've never seen before, in our always-headlong and extraordinary dives into hyperspace.
    This shot throws it away - puts nothing on the visual effect, everything (or so it would seem) on the emotions inside the cockpit.

And looking at this shot, as at the other footage we've been given, it seems this film will, indeed, be less about the overall sweep of the Epic, than about the jagged emotional drive of this moment, this mission.

I think I'll really like that.

TCF-1138 and BigAl6ft6 like this.
  3. TheYodaPagoda

TheYodaPagoda Force Ghost star 4

Apr 23, 2002
    I think you said everything I would have, except I'd have probably used character names. It looks incredibly exciting!
    Some thoughts:
    I really thought that Vader was plenty for this trailer, and I pray they save the best bits for the movie.

TCF-1138 likes this.
  4. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    A new international trailer has dropped. This does give some plot elements away so watch at you own risk:

5. TheYodaPagoda

TheYodaPagoda Force Ghost star 4

Apr 23, 2002
    I'll hide my reaction under spoiler tags:
    I figured that her father was a potential villain from the earlier magazine article. Is it just me, or is this trailer denser, combining elements from the teaser and adding that little nugget of information from Mon Mothma?
    Whooo-golly, this movie is going to be fun!

Darth Chiznuk likes this.
  6. luketheforeigner

luketheforeigner Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 16, 2016
    cool can't wait till the movie comes out

TheOneX_Eleazar likes this.
  7. SWRed7

SWRed7 Jedi Knight star 1

Sep 16, 2015
    Any news or thoughts on the rumors of the final Rogue One trailer this week? Also, do we anticipate tickets going on sale with the release of the trailer, like last year? Or are we still a few weeks to a month away from that.

Thanks

8. EHT

EHT Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 13, 2007
    Yup, I've heard that the new RO trailer will premiere on GMA (on ABC in the US) on Thursday morning. It should then be online (officially) right after that.

[face_dancing]

Nothing for sure about the ticket sales right after it, but many people expect that to happen.

By the way...

GMA is on from 7 to 9 AM in every US timezone (live in the Eastern timezone).

SWRed7 and Darth Chiznuk like this.
  9. TCF-1138

TCF-1138 Anthology/Fan Films/NSA Mod & Ewok Enthusiast star 6 Staff Member Manager

Sep 20, 2002
    Huh - I hadn't heard about that!
    Do you think we'll get the theatrical poster this week too? Last year the TFA poster was released the day before the trailer if I remember correctly :)

I haven't made up my mind if I'm going to watch the final trailer. Unlike TFA, I feel like I've gotten a lot more info about Rogue One through the two trailers we've already seen, and I fear the third one might be a bit too much.
    I guess I'll wait for people's comments here before watching it.

10. A Corpse of Disapproval

A Corpse of Disapproval Severed Head Admin star 3 Staff Member Manager

Sep 16, 2015
    Who knows? They are opting to leave the premiere of something as important as the trailer at the mercy of 2 daybreak alcoholic wino shrews who might very well talk over it. #ThanksHodabama

11. EHT

Sep 13, 2007
    Wrong show. :p

12. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    Oh, so it is. :p

OK... so Al Roker will find some way to mangle the premiere.

Sincerely, I have no idea what any of those morning shows are. Only that Willard Scott used to offer birthday wishes to century old crones on behalf of some marmalade conglomerate.

13. EHT

Sep 13, 2007
    All of your examples are from the Today Show on NBC, not Good Morning America. :p The Today Show is actually the only one of these shows that I have watched, and even then it was many years ago.

14. Darth Chiznuk

Oct 31, 2012
    It's official the final trailer will be released tomorrow morning! Also we have the theatrical poster:

[​IMG]

Sarge, EHT and TCF-1138 like this.
  15. TCF-1138

TCF-1138 Anthology/Fan Films/NSA Mod & Ewok Enthusiast star 6 Staff Member Manager

Sep 20, 2002
    Ah, I was right about the poster - neat! :D

It looks lovely!
    Maybe a bit green for my taste, but still very pretty!
    I like that it appears that the plans for the Death Star are projected onto Jyn. I wonder if that is actually something that happens in the movie in some way, or if it's just a cool piece of imagery for the poster

16. Darth Chiznuk

Oct 31, 2012
    Fixed that spoiler tag for you TCF-1138. Wasn't sure if you had seen it or not. :)

TCF-1138 likes this.
  17. TCF-1138

Sep 20, 2002
    Ah, I hadn't - thanks! :)

18. TCF-1138

Sep 20, 2002
    Sorry about the double-post - too late to edit.

One thing I noticed on the Swedish version of the poster:
    [​IMG]
    Oh yeah!
    We're getting the film on December 14 :cool:

19. Darth Chiznuk

Oct 31, 2012
    [​IMG]

TheOneX_Eleazar and TCF-1138 like this.
  20. Wrenegade

Wrenegade Jedi Master star 4

May 8, 2015
    Welp, looks like I'm shutting off my internet on the 14th then, assuming that's the earliest anyone's getting it. I really don't wanna take any risk of getting spoiled :p

21. TCF-1138

Sep 20, 2002
    The new trailer is out, for those who are interested:

22. CowMoo

CowMoo Jedi Master star 3

Aug 12, 2001
    I found myself liking this version of the trailer more than the previous one. Still, I was hoping for a "See you on the beach!" kind of moment.

23. Big Bad Yoda Daddy

Big Bad Yoda Daddy Force Ghost star 4

Mar 8, 2000

In fairness, with Wednesday midnight releases, we'll probably get it that soon too.

24. Big Bad Yoda Daddy

Big Bad Yoda Daddy Force Ghost star 4

Mar 8, 2000
    I won't post it here on the off chance that there are people wandering around this thread who are trailer virgins (but honestly - why are you in the thread if you are?) but there's a supercut of all the trailers out there that is quite well done. There's about 6 minutes of unique footage in it, and while that may be giving too much away for some, it got me more hyped than the individual trailers did. Of course, I'm not as worried about spoilers on this one because, well, I'm guessing the rebels are going to get the Death Star plans. Call me crazy, I just have a feeling.

TheOneX_Eleazar likes this.
  25. Darth Chiznuk

Oct 31, 2012
    Spoiler! :p