main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series Kalani in Rebels

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Sandtrooper956, Oct 18, 2016.

1. Sandtrooper956

Sandtrooper956 Jedi Master star 4

Feb 15, 2015
    So it's been confirmed that the Super Tactical Droid in the latest episode of Rebels "The Last Battle" is none other than the first Super Tactical Droid, Kalani.

What are your thoughts on him appearing, what do you expect him to do, and do you believe this will be his last/only appearance? Let's discuss!

On a completely unrelated note, I just realized the abbreviation for Super Tactical Droid is STD. So yeah, not gonna be using that one....

2. Sixes

Sixes Jedi Master star 2

Apr 5, 2016
    Is Kalani the only STD:p to appear in cannon so far? Serious question btw

3. daniel brown

daniel brown Jedi Knight star 3

Apr 23, 2015
    I remember a Super Tactical Droid being called Kraken. Not sure tho
    Edit: Yep, Kraken appeared in Clovis Arc and The Unknown. While Kalani appeared in the Onderon arc.

Erkan12 and CIS Droid like this.
  4. CIS Droid

CIS Droid AOTC 20th Anniversary Banner Winner star 5 VIP - Game Winner

Oct 21, 2015
    The best choice they could possible have made. Kalani was great in the Onderon arc, so I'm happy they had him return.

I expect him to just as cold, calculating and great as in the Onderson arc.

Im certain Kalani´s fate will either be

Destroyed by the Rebels (or empire, there were several AT-ATs in the season 3 trailer near some battledroids after all)

Recruited into the rebellion. Less likely, but pretty interesting. He would make a pretty good tactician for the Rebellion

Kraken was Trench STD and appeared in the season 6 order 66 arc, and Clovis arc. There is 2 more STD in canon that i know of. Aut-O, the commander in the first episode of the season 5 droid arc, and an unnamed STD in the last episode of the same arc. Might be another unnamed in the unfinished episode though

5. GatalentanKing

GatalentanKing Jedi Padawan

Oct 2, 2016
    I'm very happy that Kalani is back, but I really wish he had the same voice. His voice in the Onderon arc was fantastic, so I'm disappointed both because it's strange that his voice would change and because he had such a great voice before. I don't think his vocabulator wore down or anything like that, because the B1 battle droid he's talking to sounds perfectly fine—they wouldn't give much cheaper droids like the B1s better vocabulators than the super tactical droids.

6. Sandtrooper956

Feb 15, 2015
    I'm actually really excited to see him again, he was really the only intimating separatist in the show IMO. He was also a great tactician, knowing when to retreat once he was defeated. He isn't blinded by overconfidence or pride, as most leaders are. I'm super excited to see what he has in store for our Rebels and what's going to happen when the Empire shows up.

7. SeparatistFan

SeparatistFan Jedi Master star 3

Oct 19, 2012
    Kalani is special because he was the first STD to appear and now it looks like he becomes more special since he could be the last STD still around
    I am incredibly pleased that he is returning, I would love it if he survived or joined the Rebellion, but I would be really shocked if he comes out of this episode alive giving the teams track record with Separatists.

I do however hope that he is competent and has a big brawl with Zeb or someone before he is destroyed, I don't want him to be taken out easily. I would love to see him go against the Empire that would make an epic battle, but I get the feeling those Imperial vehicles in the trailer are the ones in possession of Wolffe and Gregor.

Hopefully this episode won't be the last we see of Separatist survivors and Battledroids though, I hope we get to see some join the Rebellion, maybe even a CIS Rebel cell.

8. CIS Droid

Oct 21, 2015
    Agreed, we saw how good Kraken was at fighting when he needed to, Kalani should also be able to put up a good fight.

Starts at 03:30

9. iPodwithnomusic

iPodwithnomusic Jedi Master star 3

Nov 23, 2012

We might actually see the droids join the rebellion. It looks like in this episode they will capture Rex, Kanan, and Ezra, and then when the Empire attacks they will team up. I hope they do team up and we can see Battle Droids fighting with the rebellion in future episodes.
    [​IMG]

10. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    I just don't care. :p

V-2 likes this.
  11. darklordoftech

darklordoftech Force Ghost star 6

Sep 30, 2012
    I wonder how he overrode the shutdown signal.

12. Trebor Sabreon

Trebor Sabreon Former Manager star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 15, 2010
    Kalani's great and I'm happy to see his return.

But at this point, I've been so starved for the return of CIS tech/politicos/soldiers/holdouts that I'd quite frankly have been happy with almost anything Seppie being featured.

I'm really looking forward to the episode and I hope this week's offering won't necessarily signal the end of such appearances.

13. Sandtrooper956

Feb 15, 2015
    A small little device I like to call "fanservice". It does wonders really.

Though seriously, he probably was able to intercepted it or something and was able to stop it from affecting his troops, who knows. Actually, that would be a great question to ask Rebels Recon.

SeparatistFan likes this.
  14. StarWarsFan91

StarWarsFan91 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 14, 2008
    Like some Imperial Japanese soldier stuck on some far of Island....not knowing the war is truly over.....and his empire fallen.

I think it is likely this droid will be destroyed in this episode, but I wish it didn't. Letting this expertise droid survive could bring another party out there that could later threaten the crew besides Maul and the Empire. Or even come in hostile contact with imperials.

I don't see it and the other droids joining the rebellion either. After all the Rebellion is designed to create a new Republic. Not something a Separatist droid would want to do. Its a slave to its anti-republic programing.

CIS Droid likes this.
  15. CloneofVader

CloneofVader Jedi Knight star 2

Apr 5, 2016
    Kalani well aware about Clone War outcome.
    I think he just get bored. And want some action. He is military droid after all.:cool:

16. CIS Droid

Oct 21, 2015

I would love if Kalani would survive this episode, escape with his troops, and then return in future episodes as a minor antagonist.

17. SeparatistFan

SeparatistFan Jedi Master star 3

Oct 19, 2012
    Well logically it would make sense for Kalani to join the Rebellion and fight for the true Separatists that hated the corrupt order that became the Empire. Thanks a lot for sharing that picture, it has me incredibly intrigued. I will be really annoyed if Kalani does bite the dust, when even R2's droid friend was saved to join the Rebellion. Kalani would be more of a fun character to root for now as he has limited forces and would really be required to put his tactical skills to good use.

iPodwithnomusic and CIS Droid like this.
  18. SuperPersch

SuperPersch Force Ghost star 4

Apr 25, 2004
    Just looked it up, and IMDB lists him as having the same voice actor as from TCW. It could be wrong, though, since the episode hasn't even aired yet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

19. DarthTalgus

DarthTalgus Force Ghost star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    You're forgetting about Palpatine's second but mostly unknown apprentice Darth Syphilis :p

20. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    I mean it's either Kalani or Rex who kicks the bucket this episode.

21. Orrelios

Orrelios Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 21, 2005
    I'm surprised to see that this particular droid character is back but I do like it as he was a good no-nonsense villain from TCW; it felt like they were building him up to be a major antagonist but then they dropped him after just one arc so it will interesting to see him again and in an major role, this time seemingly as the one in charge.

Master_Rebado and SeparatistFan like this.
  22. unlimitedpower

unlimitedpower Jedi Master star 3

Nov 11, 2014
    Kalani survives and he won't join the rebellion because they have less than 1% chance of winning according to his calculation. Wonder what he'll be doing now.

23. CIS Droid

Oct 21, 2015

I hope we will see him again, he was great in this episode.

24. Sandtrooper956

Feb 15, 2015
    Me too, I really enjoyed him in this episode. He was an actual threat but I loved how he wasn't just a plain old evil Separatist. I loved how he was able to work alongside Rex and the others in the end even though he didn't join the Rebellion. The droids in this episode were all handled so wonderfully, and I really hope we see more of them.

SeparatistFan and CIS Droid like this.
  25. CIS Droid

Oct 21, 2015
    I also want to see more of them, they were all great. If we see them again, i want Kalani to have found more old deactivaded droids, and a base of operations