main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Resource The Fanon Thread

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by FanonSock, Nov 11, 2014.

1. Cowgirl Jedi 1701

Cowgirl Jedi 1701 Force Ghost star 5

Dec 21, 2016
    Okay, since I started this, it's probably about time I answered my own question.

Most, if not all, of my fanon creations are inspired by things in real life. My very first fanon creation, Serenity, came into existence because I picked up a plot bunny and discovered that it needed a particular kind of setting. After searching the Wook and not finding a planet that suited my needs, I decided to invent one. Other things were either sparked by that, or thought of randomly, or a little of both.

And I lied. My real first fanon creation was the coffee words. Serenity just got posted first.

And as for the coffee words, I am a coffee lover, and I was sure that I was not the only SW fanficcer who needed them in their life.

Gamiel, Ewok Poet, Darth_Elu and 2 others like this.
  2. Theodore Hawkwood

Theodore Hawkwood Jedi Master star 2

Jun 17, 2014
    Honestly all sorts of ideas. I'm a big crossover writer so often I imagine what would happen if universe X or Y were to cross somehow with the Star Wars universe. My imagination produces all sorts of possibilities.

3. Kahara

Kahara Chosen One star 4

Mar 3, 2001
    As divapilot mentions, a lot of my fanon ends up happening when I need something to fill a role in the story. I've always liked stories that have a sense of worldbuilding depth, so I kind of seek to make that happen in my work too.

There are also certain things that are just interesting to me; I like to build alien sentients and animals from the bits and pieces of weird biology that I pick up from reading about real life science. It can be really fun to take some odd zoology fact and wonder about how it might influence culture if it applied to an intelligent species. Other things that often appear in or influence my fanon include: folklore, history, music, various non-Star Wars media, stuff that I half remember from psychology/anthropology/archaeology/sociology classes. There is also the fact that I spend a fair amount of time talking about my stories with others, and talking about their stories as well. So there's probably a good deal of inspirational influence from this community too!

4. Theodore Hawkwood

Theodore Hawkwood Jedi Master star 2

Jun 17, 2014
    Lately my imagination has been Star Wars-izing various canon characters from different fandoms. Very recently I had imagined several Law and Order and Deep Space Nine characters of Star Wars characters.

Gamiel, Findswoman and Kahara like this.
  5. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    May I suggest mentioning that in you post so people know you image them in that way.

And if you want to hear how to give a more "Viking-ish" feeling to the people in the Terian sector I have some suggestion.

Anedon likes this.
  6. Mira Grau

Mira Grau Force Ghost star 5

May 11, 2016
    I might do that when I have some time.

I would like to hear your suggestions.

7. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    Use Viking and/or Scandinavian words for stuff (I suggest Norwegian or Swedish since Icelandic and modern transcription of ancient Scandinavian since those use letters that most people don't know how to pronounce (not that many people know how Å, Ä/Æ, Ö/Ø work :p )).

Some Swedish examples:
    Priest/priestess = gode/gydja (modern spelling of the old Viking titles)
    Chief = hövding (a village chief is called byhövding, the provincial governor = landshövding)

Jarl is used in many works the same way you use king or other highest-leader-titles, this is wrong (to my understanding), the title of jarl is more along the line of meaning second-in-command (of a noble) or viceroy.* I can see it being used instead of CEO among companies in Terian. A jarl who is the kings second-in-command is called riksjarl (= ca. jarl of the realm) and could possibly be used for prime minister if you want.

* I may be a bit in the wrong here but that's how I understand it.

I can continue if you want.

Kahara and Anedon like this.
  8. Mira Grau

Mira Grau Force Ghost star 5

May 11, 2016
    Thanks for the suggestions Gamiel
    Giving the Terians some Viking flavor would be cool.

Although my main influcene so far for names and terms is actually celthic, for example Gaven is a celthic name.
    Don´t get me wrong I´m not against viking influence maybe some of these terms are used on a few worlds in the Teris sector, given the differences between the planets.

Do you have other suggestions?

Kahara likes this.
  9. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    Well, beside some more words that I can post if you want; I would suggest taking a look at the National Romantic style* and stave churches** for architecture inspired by early Scandinavia. Also for some more visual inspiration I suggest taking a look at the webcomic Stand Still. Stay Silent.***

If you have the time and the money I would also suggest getting your hands on the RPG Trudvang Chronicles. It's a RPG where the three human main groups can be described as Teutonic Germany, Celts and Vikings. I have only read the Swedish version so I don't know exactly what the English version have but the game have some excellent world building and not just about the warrior-part of the cultures which should be of interest for you.

Also I would say that Tolkien's Rohan are a good example of taking the Viking trappings and putting it in a different environment.

* https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/National_Romantic_style http://www.fogwall.com/arkitekt.html https://aboutartnouveau.wordpress.com/2012/10/08/national-romanticism/

** https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stave_church

*** http://www.sssscomic.com/comic.php?page=69 the link takes you to page one of chapter one, you don't need to read to prologue to get the story and the visuals I think could interest you are not in the prologue.

If you want suggestions on more specific stuff just give me a call, I can probably dig up something :)

Kahara and Anedon like this.
  10. Nehru_Amidala

Nehru_Amidala Force Ghost star 7

Oct 3, 2016
    Oh geez, that would take a while to explain.
    Let's see what's inspiring me to write SW romances... the ballets of Tchaikovsky, SW: Rebels, anything relating to Thrawn, Young Victoria, classical music, Celtic mythology, random past roleplays over on dA chat rooms.

Kahara likes this.
  11. FanonSock

FanonSock Jedi Master star 1

Nov 11, 2014
    Pandora has very kindly provided us with our next challenge, and I hope she doesn't mind if I call it...

...the FANON "YOURS 'N' MINE" CHALLENGE!

When you’ve written your story, post a link here in the thread and I’ll index it. Stories for this challenge will be due in approximately four months, on Monday, July 24, 2017, at which point we’ll take a week to vote. The winning author, once again, will (1) get their story name in the title of the thread for a week, and (2) get to come up with the next challenge. (Once again, I’ll check with the mods on colors—but please understand if they’re not able to offer them for every one of these challenges!)

As usual for challenges like this: if you're writing a multichapter story, please be sure that (a) at least the first chapter is up by July 24, and (b) that both of the required elements are in the story before the voting deadline (July 31). Though in this particular case, that should kind of go without saying, since one of the stipulations is that both elements be present throughout the story. t throughout the story anyway.)

Any questions, just let me know. Have fun! :)

Challenge Index
    Watering the Jade Lotus by Gamiel

12. Ewok Poet

Ewok Poet Force Ghost star 6

Jul 31, 2014
    Can I combine the third and fourth challenge? Because I want to honour the third, still. I WANT TO HONOUR MYSELF. :p

Kahara and Findswoman like this.
  13. Sith-I-5

Sith-I-5 Force Ghost star 6

Aug 14, 2002
    The Isk-Ansion TPV or "The Panic Vollock"

[​IMG]

Designed in cooperation between the governments of the Iskalon waterworld, and the Ansion agriworld, and based on an Ansion' repulsorlift travel craft, called a LAM, this is a personal emergency vehicle, like a planet-based escape pod, capable of being launched from a land-based, marine, or undersea residence or installation. It is intended to get the occupants to safety, and then be abandoned.

The Classes are based on size, '1' being smallest, and are dictated by the size of the species that will be using them, and customers can customise their luxury or utility levels with a series of flooring, storage, or whatever, inserts, that can be placed inside the craft.

Name/Model
    "The Panic Vollock / TPV"

Designer/Manufacturer
    Isk-Ansion Defense Projects

Combat Designation
    Class 1-7 Unarmed escape capsule

Dimensions
    Variable.
    Class 1s are designed to accommodate two seated humanoids.
    Class 7s are designed to accommodate an adult Hutt, and a humanoid-scale companion.

Crew
    1 pilot, 1 other (optional)

Shell Construction
    Layer of hardened transparisteel, sandwiched between two layers of ceriglase. The ceriglase does not conduct electricity, so protects the occupant and systems from lightning and external shock.

Power System
    Isk-Ansion PC-17 power cell

Weapons
    None

Passengers
    1 passenger option in human and humanoid configurations.

The larger 'class 3s' and 'class 7s' possessed by Hutt scientist, Thromberg the Hutt, were capable of being launched from his marine laboratory on the Iskalon oceans, both underwater, where they would rise to the surface; or into the water from the surface. They travelled across both land and sea at high speeds.
    If launched at sea, onboard systems would detect the nearest land mass, and provide the user with the desired speed and power usage to reach it.

A soft mattress on the bottom layer could be swapped out for cleaning, considering the Hutt slime that would be left behind by usage. Controls were either manually operated or a holographic heads up display keyed to the massive eyes of a Hutt. Humanoid pilots would have to use the manual controls.

One disadvantage was that this had to be on dry land or dry dock to be safely disembarked, as it risked losing its buoyancy and becoming waterlogged if opened on the open water.
    That is how Republic agents, "Triple X" (an elder teen' Ysanne Isard) and Yavinelf got soaked when they transferred from Thromberg's Class 1 to the Darth Unlucky's salon pod.

Notable uses
    o
    As in the image, in use on Trammis III, where the dinosaur population are hard-placed to penetrate a Class 1 Panic Vollock.
    o Several have been purchased by the Mol'leaj System Regency, because of the King's Rathtar collection.
    o Lowland colony buildings on the Ibrix world in the Lahara sector, have been fitted with these for use when the waters shift hemisphere, every ten years. The oceanic hotel resort, 'Dry Schna Ibrix', has these fitted to each guest quarters.

[​IMG]

Galactic Republic' agents, Yav and Isard desperately board
    customised Class 3, to escape Iskalon marine base.

Note: Image One is from Jurassic World.
    Image Two is from The Spy Who Loved Me, with an escape pod hatch from Alien: Resurrection, guest-starring.
    Ibrix is a fanon world created by Gamiel.
    Iskalon is a Marvel' SW waterworld.

Last edited: Aug 3, 2019
    Gamiel and Findswoman like this.
  14. Nehru_Amidala

Nehru_Amidala Force Ghost star 7

Oct 3, 2016
    Nice, Jurrassic World meets Star Wars.

15. Daneira

Daneira Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 30, 2016
    If anyone is interested, I came up with a proper calendar for the 368-day Galactic Standard Calendar, circa the Imperial era. The hardest part for me was figuring out the three holidays - where to place them and which ones to use. I decided to go with Founder's Day, Victory Day, and Feast Day, as these are the three holidays that are both celebrated during the time of the Empire and before or afterwards, New Year's has its own Fete Week, and Empire Day is specifically celebrated on the anniversary of the Declaration of a New Order, the 23rd day of the fifth month, so it doesn't get its own separate calendar holiday. Also, this uses the Great ReSynchronization years/format, as I figured that would be the one most likely to be used during the Imperial era.

The placement of Founder's Day coincides with where Tapani Day is on the Tapani calendar, which has more official information about it and is said to roughly correspond to the GSC. The other two holidays were unable to coincide with the Tapani holidays as Tapani's fete weeks are located between different months. Feast Day is an obvious harvest festival/Thanksgiving analogue so I put it later on in the year. I was originally thinking of putting Victory Day between months 4 and 5, but it's a patriotic holiday and I thought if it was between 4 and 5 it would be too close to Empire Day on 5:23, which is also a patriotic holiday. Between 5 and 6 would make even less sense, so between 7 and 8 was the only reasonable choice. This also maintains a similarity with Earth western culture where the majority of the big holidays are all in one part of the year, creating a "holiday season", so to speak.

So, let's use Year 20 as an example.

New Year's Fete Week: 20:FW1:1 - 20:FW1:5
    Month 1: 20:1:1 - 20:1:35
    Month 2: 20:2:1 - 20:2:35
    Founder's Day: 20:H1
    Month 3: 20:3:1 - 20:3:35
    Month 4: 20:4:1 - 20:4:35
    Month 5: 20:5:1 - 20:5:35
    Month 6: 20:6:1 - 20:6:35
    Festival of Life Fete Week: 20:FW2:1 - 20:FW2:5
    Month 7: 20:7:1 - 20:7:35
    Victory Day: 20:H2
    Month 8: 20:8:1 - 20:8:35
    Feast Day: 20:H3
    Month 9: 20:9:1 - 20:9:35
    Festival of Stars Fete Week: 20:FW3:1 - 20:FW3:5
    Month 10: 20:10:1 - 20:10:35

Also interesting to note is that the GSC weeks are 5 days long and weekends don't really seem to be a thing in Star Wars. I imagine most jobs and schools have one day off a week, but it's not a universal day the same way it is on Earth. So some people might be off on Primeday and others off on Zhellday, etc.

16. Sith-I-5

Aug 14, 2002
    Daneira - some good work there. Well done.

Although the Empire is likely to standardise things, it would be a mistake to assume that Feast Day can be only at one end of the year if it is based around harvests, as different planets, depending on how they orbit their stars, would have different seasons, and thus different times when the crops ripen. As long as planets abided by Imperial doctrines, the Empire might let them hold onto pre-existing Feast Day dates, rather than force them to change.

Also, Real Life does have Festivals of Light...not sure where I am going with that. :p

Daneira likes this.
  17. Ewok Poet

Jul 31, 2014
    WOW. Thank you. I finally figured out how those dates work...because I didn't know how to read them before.

I am not using those day names for my planets. The word "zhell" is pretty ugly (not sure how to explain, žele means jello here and it's kind of...slimey therefore? I know its origins, just in case guys want to mansplain me...) and I find the whole thing too Coruscant-centric, so I have dates based on the names of the bodies in each single celestial system and calendars depending on the planet years.

And number of months varies, too. Endor is, for example, a perfect candidate planet for a 13 month year, where one month is called "one moon", as per Ewoks cartoon.

Daneira likes this.
  18. Daneira

Daneira Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 30, 2016
    Oops, Festival of Light was a mistake, I fixed it. It's supposed to be the Festival of Life, which is a generic gift-giving holiday. Not to be confused with Life Day, which the Emperor hates and aside from the Wookiees is mainly celebrated by rebels and rebel sympathizers.

To your point about different planets having different feast days and to Ewok Poet's point, I suggest you both check out the Tapani sector calendar. While this calendar in particular conforms to the 368-day Coruscant year, they have their own names for the months and days and their own Harvest Day holiday. There's also a Harvest Day that's celebrated in Mos Eisley which celebrates the Tatooine water harvest, a Harvest Season on Kinyen, etc. I'd imagine that the official Feast Day is a galactic federal holiday (i.e., even though it might not be harvest season on Tatooine at the time, military personnel based at the Mos Eisley Imperial garrison would still have the day off).

leiamoody, Ewok Poet and Sith-I-5 like this.
  19. Ewok Poet

Jul 31, 2014
    Astrea and the UR-9353 System

Here is all my fanon on the planet Astrea, which I placed in an uncharted system with an unnamed star. This planet was mentioned in my Canon, Saga-OT Era fic, Life, Death and Other Goals. The characters who gathered this data in-universe are two Legends characters, one of whom I already plan to insert into the new canon storylines, the other being very minor; and one of my own OCs.

~*~

UR-9353 System

tl;dr: As standard as a system on the edge of a highly radioactive nebula can be.

[​IMG]
    The system is located in the middle-left portion of this map of the Moddell Sector - the top one amongst the number ones

Just like the rest of the Monsua Nebula, known for its hyperspace disturbances and high radiation, the UR-9353 system remains largely uncharted and a safe haven for pirates, smugglers and outcasts. And they keep their navigable routes a secret. However, what makes the UR-9353 system different from the UR-1060 system, for example, is that the celestial bodies in it can, with some effort, be registered by most Republic and Imperial navicomputers. The scanners will still detect some anomalies, but not so extreme. This might be due to heavy radiation of the Nebula or the influence of the other anomalies in the Moddell Sector, such as the mystical and adored-by-sector-residents Din Pulsar residing in its own, smaller nebula, and the notorious Endor Gate wormhole.

There could also be a possibility of all governments aware of the Monsua Nebula and its star systems deliberately ignoring it in order to illegally tax the scum, that the area is being used to test superweapons, bioengineering and terraforming projects or all of those things.

This system is one of the officially established borders between the Outer Rim Territories and Wild Space, located near the Vasha-Vex pipeline.

UR-9353, referred to as "Romeladam" by the Astraali is the young yellow giant star of its system.

Poorgazadea and Poorgazadoo (officially UR-9353-Ia and UR-9363 Ib) – A binary system containing two barren rock planets.

Marmarea (officially UR-9353-II) – A searing rock planet, potentially in the early stages of becoming a terrestrial planet.

UR-9353 dwarf planets zone (officially UR-9353 IIIa-1, UR-9353 IIIb-1 … UR-9353 IIIz-14) – Not much is known about these objects, but some of them could possibly sustain life.

UR-9353 IV, referred to as “Astrea” by the Astraali – Located 2.1 AU from its star, this is a terrestrial planet covered in taigas and frozen seas, and a narrow strip of temperate regions around its equator. Gravity is slightly higher than normal, atmosphere is normal.

UR-1060 IV, referred to as “Pagasadam” by the Astraali – 8 Astronomic Units away from its star, this is a Bespin-class gas giant.

~*~

Astrea // UR-1353 IV

The Basics

tl;dr: Kind of a cold place, but also nice.

Region: Outer Rim Territories
    Sector: Moddell Sector (Part of Inner Zuma Region under the reign of Galactic Empire)
    System: UR-1353 System
    Sun: UR-1353 (“Romeladam”), a yellow giant
    Moons: Mikrotea, Chrysea, Maratoo
    Grid Coordinates: H-16
    Planets in the system: See above
    Rotation Period: 24 hours
    Year/Orbital Period: 343 standard days
    Class: Terrestrial
    Diametre: 9143 km
    Atmosphere: Type 1
    Climate: Frigid to temperate
    Gravity: 1.1 standard
    Population: 740 000
    Native species: Astraali
    Immigrated species: Ayrou, Vashans, there is also a minor colony of Duloks brought there by the Galactic Empire
    Capital: Araradam (65 300)
    Demonym: Astreans in general, Astraali for the species.

Locations

Araradam - The capital city

(more soon)

Flora and Fauna

(more soon)

Sentient Species

Astraali (singular Astraal) are a mixed mammalian/reptoavian species from the uncharted Outer Rim world of Astrea. Descended from the Humans, Ayrou and an unknown third species, the Astraali are a strange mix of traits and cultural quirks.

Biological Classification

Average height: 145-175 cm
    Skin colour: Milky white to black
    Hair colour: Milky white to black
    Eye colour: Red

Distinctions:
    • Cloaca.
    • Born from large eggs enclosed in webs.
    • Small wings on the back, often useless except in the airdancing ritual, claws on toes.
    • Long childhood, adulthood and old age comparable to near-Humans.

Language: Yeni
    Religion: Worshipping the Kuna stars

Biology and Appearance

Astraali life cycle is unique. They start out as fruit-seed-like eggs that are put inside of pitted, carved fruits on the Cadovao and Bhao’b trees for the next couple of months. One or two from up to twelve eggs the mother hatches contains an actual Astraal foetus. Once the egg is hatched, which typically happens after the fruit has been spent, the individual will look like a small avian. Over the next four years, the avian characteristics vanish, the feathers fall off, the cloaca becomes visible, and some of the secondary and tertiary sexual characteristics common for humanoids and other primate mammals are developing. During this stage of life, Astraali speak in random vocalisations, but some of them may repeat a couple of words commonly used around them. Xenobiologists use this fact to hint their talking bird origins.

Once an Astraal has completed this transformation, they’re considered mature. An Astraal’s fifth birthday is a great celebration, where dozens are typically invited to celebrate the young being’s first step towards a greater life. At this ceremony, each Astraal gets the seed that was removed from the Cadovao or Bhao’b fruit as a keepsake. The seed represents the maturity, but also the consistency and the overall pride of each Astraal in Astrea; and therefore, a pair of seeds is to be found on the planet’s flag as well, and the system’s sun is called Romeladam, which means “Lifeseed”.

Astraali prefer colder climate and tend to stick to higher altitudes when the fate takes them offworld.

Society and Culture

Clothes

Astraali typically wear fur coats in a variety of colours. The more colours, the higher social status of the wearer. The fur is synthetic in most cases.

Language

Yeni is a hybrid of Galactic Basic, Zorbia slang and a couple of dead languages. It has only three tenses, only one person in singular and one in plural for those tenses and only three basic forms of gender. It's considered an easy language, both in terms of grammar and transcription. Ironically, its name means "New".

Pronouns:

Ye - I
    Yi - You (both singular and plural)
    Yei - He, she, it, they

Verbs:

-e is the suffix for singular, regardless of the gender.

- aa is the suffix for plural, regardless of the gender.

Nouns:

- am is the suffix for beings of masculine gender. Plural is made using -ai, which is also used for the genitive case of the singular.
    Examples: Gradam > Gradamai

-u is the suffix for beings of feminine gender. Plural is made using - ee, which is also used for the genitive case of the singular.
    Examples: Ahyolu > Ahyolee

- aal is the suffix for beings of neutral gender. Plural is made using -ii, which is also used for the genitive case of the singular.
    Example: Astraal > Astraali.

-adam is the suffix for inanimate objects of masculine gender.
    Examples: Araradam, Romelidam, Pagasadam...

- ea is the suffix for inanimate objects of feminine gender.
    Examples: Astrea, Marmarea, Mikrotea, Chrysea, Poorgazadea...

- oo is the suffix for inanimate objects of neutral gender.
    Examples: Maratoo, Poorgazadoo...

Adjectives:

Adjectives are formed by adding -ba at the end of the pronoun.
    Examples: Betkea Endorba - The Battle of Endor

Articles:

Ek - Equivalent of a and one in Galactic Basic
    / - Equilvalent of the in Galactic Basic

Other common words:

na - no, not, none
    ke - and
    re - or
    dao - but

Simple sentences:

Maratoo na fore pianetea.
    (Maratoo is not a planet.)

Zve Ahyolu. Grege ek kegoo.
    (My name is Ahyolu. I'm reading a book.)

In the Galaxy

Given their obscure location and the problems with hyperspace travel in the Moddell Sector, the Monsua Nebula in particular, Astraali are rarely seen around the Galaxy.

A Jedi Padawan named Ahyolu was active in the vanning years of Galactic Republic and disappeared during Order 66. Alongside her gone was the lightsaber of her second Jedi Master, Vi’zion Puuntura of Ryloth.

A representative in the Galactic Senate named Kivokadam was present when the Senate was dissolved after the Death Star plans were discovered in 1 BBY.

A dancing troupe named Chidokanavii was active in the earliest years of the New Galactic Republic and beyond.

Sources and Inspiration

Wook Links
    Moddell Sector - This article established the overall properties of the Moddell Sector, its subsectors, Inner Moddell Systems and Outer Moddell and the Zuma Region during the reign of Galactic Empire, when Moddell was a part of its sub region, Inner Zuma. It also explains Moddell Sector’s history and its former inclusion in other Galactic Regions (namely Wild Space – for a short time – and Unknown Regions). Too confusing/ Weird? I agree.

Monsua Nebula - One of the three biggest anomalies of the Moddell Sector, characterised by high radiation and illegal activities.

Unnamed planet (Monsua Nebula) – This planet served as inspiration for how most planets in the Nebula (cannot be properly) detected. Plus, it made Monsua Nebula canon again!

Noa Briqualon - The old man who saved Cindel Towani. He was a scout and he was on a mission to further chart the Moddell Sector, with his friend.

Salak Weet – Noa Briqualon’s deceased travel companion.

Ecclesis von der Agar – An eccentric spacer whose mind has been failing him.

Mammon Hoole - A renowned and prolific Shi’ido intellectual who travelled the Galaxy and specialised in numerous fields. Fanon: he knows Taide Lambrin, who then introduced him to Maris Inesedam-Vorr.

Wiki Links
    #soon

Last edited: Mar 15, 2021
  20. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
  21. earlybird-obi-wan

earlybird-obi-wan Chosen One star 6

Aug 21, 2006
    I am writing them like this and they sound the same:
    Tarmenel Eled-Hir
    Aaqu Maerhin
    Kaagi Adin

Gamiel likes this.
  22. Sith-I-5

Aug 14, 2002
    Ewok Poet

Very well done on those planetary creations. I particularly liked that you tried to give some language basics for them

Ewok Poet likes this.
  23. Ewok Poet

Jul 31, 2014
    Thanks. :) It's a work in progress.

24. FanonSock

FanonSock Jedi Master star 1

Nov 11, 2014
    I know it's been quite a while since I've checked in with this thread, for which I apologize—in addition to general RL, fanfic awards work has kept me awfully busy. So here I am again, with a few announcements, updates, and answers to questions. I'll start with the last of those first:

Sure, I don't see why not—though of course it's the fourth-challenge elements only that will count toward the current challenge, so just make sure those are in before the voting's over (which you know). :)

Daneira, welcome to the fanon thread! :) Your interpretation of the Galactic Standard Calendar looks great and is just the thing we like to have in this thread, but I have one favor to ask before I catalog it in the index: could you please send a PM to this sock (FanonSock) with a link to your post, just for recordkeeping purposes? Thanks so much.

And now I have a few new fanon posts to announce, which are now in the index:
    Finally, there is one update of a preexisting post: Cowgirl Jedi 1701 has updated her post on Companies.

If I have missed anyone or anything, please let me know. Thank you all for bearing with me through all this! :)

Daneira, Ewok Poet and Sith-I-5 like this.
  25. Darth_Elu

Darth_Elu Chosen One star 7

Jan 2, 2003
    Daneira Nicely done on the Calendar! I created my own version of it a while back, glad to see someone else tackling it as well. I was recently told it had potentially 12 months, but am heartened that another did the 10 month system.

I named all my months based off past species, cultures, and people that were important to specific eras up to a certain point. Will post it here sometime soon. Have any names for yours using the Galactic Standard?

Edit: FanonSock You forgot my links to my Force Culture/Faction known as the Shado Varmiri. :) Should I PM you the post as well?

Daneira and Ewok Poet like this.