main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series Speculating Ezra's Final Fate and Impending Confrontation with You-Know-Who

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by mshan95032, Jan 19, 2018.

1. mshan95032

mshan95032 Jedi Youngling

Sep 12, 2017
    After watching the recently released midseason 4 trailer, I'm feeling very hyped and back in the mood for some wild, out-of-nowhere theorizing (especially regarding the parts where Ezra is seen interacting with Palpatine).
    For starters, even though we viewers already know Palpatine makes it to ROTJ alive by default, I think that there are plenty of other ways for Ezra to technically “win” against Palpatine.
    (Especially if that flashbacked “how Jedi choose to fight” conversation with Yoda is of any indication)
    Potential Outcome 1: Palpatine predictably vanquishes Ezra in their “battle of the minds”, but at the unexpected cost of being sent into a temporary coma (after Ezra unleashes a “last trick up his sleeve”).
    As a consequence of this coma, a brief power struggle forms between Thrawn and Tarkin (and/or Krennic as well), presumably leading to the hectic circumstances (taking place after Rebels) that will finally explain why Thrawn is absent from the original trilogy films (and thus unavailable to save the Empire from its eventual downfall).
    Potential Outcome 2: Palpatine vanquishes Ezra and avoids getting sent into the above-suggested coma, but later angrily discovers that a dying Ezra (along with the rest of the Ghost crew's aid) pulled off a convoluted plan to deny him his intended prize (e.g. preventing Palpatine from weaponizing the Lothal Jedi temple into a Sith superweapon similar to the Malachor temple).

Other than for basic recap purposes/nostalgia, I think Filoni deliberately included Ezra's "that's when we need to stand the tallest" speech in the midseason trailer to foreshadow the returning importance of the Lothal radio tower (or whatever replacement tower(s) the Empire propped up after blowing up the original).

And what better way to utilize the Lothal radio tower than for Ezra to finish what Mon Mothma started:
    proving that Palpatine is indeed a "lying executioner" by recording an accidental confession about his Clone Wars-related "playing both sides" duplicity (with Palpatine being too preoccupied with the usual rambling/hammy speeches to notice that his "history is written by the winners" strategy is getting torn apart).

And once this confession presumably makes it to the Imperial Senate, the previously-undecided Senators (the ones who didn't rally to Mon Mothma the last time she made her speech) will now finally have the motivation to secretly fund/support the Rebel Alliance (thus explaining the Rebellion's increased numbers at Yavin during Rogue One compared to the smaller fleet we saw during the first half of Rebels Season 4).

Once Palpatine catches wind of this, however, he starts getting ideas about completely disbanding the Imperial Senate (which is what happens during A New Hope).
    Conclusion: Anyway, regardless of whatever actually happens in the Season 4 finale, I'm certain that one way or another, Ezra will find a way to screw over Palpatine and the rest of the Empire in the long run.

P.S. I also suspect that Ezra might lean more on his con artist-related talents (rather than his Force prowess) to keep up with the likes of Palpatine, who himself could be considered a con artist on the galactic scale. Plus, Palpatine might be surprised that for the first time, he's dealing with a Jedi who isn't as traditional, rigid, and predictable as the victims he previously manipulated during the prequel trilogy.
    (however, I will concede that Ezra's previous trust towards shady/deceitful mentor figures such as Hondo and Maul might lend to a powerful counterargument to the above)

EECHUUTA and Hopeless like this.
  2. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    I almost think Sidious is contacting him to try to turn him into a new Apprentice. it's kinda his thing anyway.

3. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    Palpatine is coming to claim his nephew.

4. Pain and Suffering

Pain and Suffering Jedi Master star 3

Mar 8, 2015
    I didn't know Ezra was going to fight Voldemort.:p

5. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    I do not know if Ezra can take down the whole governing body of the empire.

6. Darth_Accipiter

Darth_Accipiter Force Ghost star 5

Feb 2, 2015
    I doubt Sidious intends to take Ezra under his wing. He's just going to break Ezra before killing him. That means tempting Ezra into using the dark side and then showing Ezra just how outmatched he is, even with EZ Mode enabled.
    Palpatine likes to play with his food because he can and because he has nothing better to do at this point. He has Vader firmly in his grip, so he doesn't need a new enforcer. He would likely peer into Ezra's mind to find that even after being broken, Ezra would never join the Empire and the Sith. He's a rebel.
    Roll credits.

Last edited: Jan 19, 2018
  7. ConservativeJedi321

ConservativeJedi321 Force Ghost star 6

Mar 19, 2016
    Volemort?

Kidding.:p

I'm hopefully he might be killed. Even as I accept it is somewhat unlikely. Filoni can be very creative in saving characters that otherwise seem doomed (No Pun Intended).

8. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    I think Kanan is doomed though.

9. ConservativeJedi321

ConservativeJedi321 Force Ghost star 6

Mar 19, 2016
    Agree, it's fairly unlikely at this point that Dume will live. (Pun intended this time)

DBPirate and Darkslayer like this.
  10. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    I find it interesting that he is not in the trailer much after he saves Hera?

Anyway back to Sheev

11. Hopeless

Hopeless Jedi Master star 4

Oct 28, 2006
    I wonder what if Ezra's purpose is not so much to fight the Emperor but to confirm what Sheev is after then at the cost of the wolves they teleport it and Ezra somewhere else denying the Emperor both a potential new apprentice but also whatever that eventually allows Luke after he locates that compass leads him to Acht-Tu?

12. Vialco

Vialco Force Ghost star 5

Mar 6, 2007
    Pretty sure it won't be any of these outcomes. Ezra's not nearly intelligent enough to trap Sidious in any way. He doesn't even know that the Emperor is Force-sensitive, let alone a Sith Lord who masterminded the Clone Wars.

13. revan772

revan772 Jedi Master star 4

Aug 5, 2014
    One of two things are going to happen, Palpy will take Ezra under his wing or Ezra will disappear from any galactic conflict. Maybe Ahsoka will pull Ezra into Mortis at the last second. Either way I bet he lives, somehow.

14. Darth_Accipiter

Feb 2, 2015
    Sheev is probably after something that the Loth Wolves are guarding. He's going to try to manipulate Ezra into getting him past the wolves. If Palps succeeds at this he'll probably give Ezra an ultimatum to join him or die, which is when we get that "One last lesson" shot at the end of the trailer. Palps is revealed to not be there, but on Thrawn's Star Destroyer where he orders Thrawn to destroy Capital City.

Last edited: Jan 25, 2018
  15. Ahsoka's Tano

Ahsoka's Tano Force Ghost star 7

Oct 28, 2014
    The irony is that the same issue with Ahsoka (living Jedi into the OT era) goes with Ezra as well now. Ahsoka isn't considered a Jedi anymore, so that's off the table. If Ezra does live through all of this, he'll need to get that element taken away as well.

16. Ancient Whills

Ancient Whills Force Ghost star 6

Jun 12, 2011
    I'm mostly wondering how they're going to deal with Palpatine's exit. Is he going to just say whatever and leave Lothal alone, seems very anticlimactic for an ending especially when we're not talking about a random imperial there but the big guy. In the trailer the wolves behind Ezra seem to be growling at something we don't see, or someone. I also don't buy Kanan/Ezra/Ahsoka becoming the new Ones on Mortis. I'm still curious about their involvement though, I can understand if it's to explain Ahsoka fate since it is almost confirmed that the owl is the Daughter and follows Ahsoka wherever she goes. I don't understand what would be their interest in Ezra or Kanan though since their appearance was mostly due to Anakin and his Chosen One status. I guess the wall is hinting that they did go on Lothal before they exiled themselves on Mortis and Lothal's Jedi temple is some kind of "door" like the title suggests. It's probably how Ahsoka was able to leave Malachor as well. There's no way they will kill Ezra because it's definitively not that kind of show but based only on the synopsis, I'm assuming Kanan is a goner unless they're trying to mislead us and the "loss" is not Kanan. There is also the possibility for Ezra to chose another path like Ahsoka did, which is the most likely outcome imo.

Last edited: Jan 25, 2018
  17. Lando Kardashian

Lando Kardashian Jedi Padawan

Nov 11, 2016
    I think the mural of Mortis and Ezra apparently traveling through some alternate astral-like plane hints at a resolution for the conundrum of the fates of at least some of the remaining Jedi-related characters: they leave their living physical existences to take on the vacant roles of the Father, Daughter, and Son in balancing the force. Hence they are no longer alive as Jedi, satisfying continuity, but the characters aren't destroyed in an ending that would be too dark for the show. Ezra taking the role of the Son could be an interesting twist in Yoda's prophecy that he would succumb to the Dark Side. Ahsoka could already be there in the role of the Daughter, with the convoree as some sort of avatar for her to help guide the others. This is just purely my speculation of course.

18. MandoArtist

MandoArtist Jedi Master star 4

Nov 12, 2015
    I believe Ezra will manage to fend off Palpatine somehow. It'll be a mental battle, like what Yoda went through in TCW.

But I don't think Ezra will succeed. Accepting that he can't save Lothal, at least not now, is something I think he'll come to terms with by the season finale. Battlefront 2 implied that Lothal didn't get freed until near the Battle of Jakku.

ManWithoutAStar likes this.
  19. Shadowcatcher

Shadowcatcher Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 30, 2017
    If the Emperor kept Ezra's parents alive and are using them to work his Sith Magic (those blue flames), and kills them in front of Ezra (holographically speaking), then that would fit the description of "devastating loss" (for Ezra.)

revan772 likes this.
  20. Darth_Accipiter

Feb 2, 2015
    Everyone but Hera, Chopper, and probably Rex are at risk. There are some real stakes here. The devastating loss is for the Ghost Crew in general, not just Ezra. They could kill off Mart, Zeb, Sabine, Ryder, Hondo, Kallus, Ketsu, Gregor, and/or Wolfe without batting an eye. [face_devil] We don't have any inkling as for their survival past this season. I'd bet the devastating loss is more than one person.

Last edited: Jan 26, 2018
  21. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    I bet one of the clones will bite it. I also have my money on Kanan and Zeb going the way of The dodo

22. Ancient Whills

Ancient Whills Force Ghost star 6

Jun 12, 2011
    The episode description makes it sound like the "loss" is affecting all of the Ghost crew, not just Ezra. Plus, I'm pretty sure the creators said they didn't want to do a Vader situation with Ezra's parents so they killed them for real. I also really doubt Palpatine is going to appear in the first episode which is about rescuing Hera.

23. revan772

revan772 Jedi Master star 4

Aug 5, 2014
    Don't we know Sabine survives to either RO or ANH? Also, I like the idea of the Wolves being the Ones, and Ezra's parents really being alive. It would be bomb if Palpatine kept them alive, killed them in front of Ezra, making Ezra go super dark side.

24. Darth_Accipiter

Feb 2, 2015
    Sabine surviving is speculation based upon less than solid evidence. (propaganda artwork which could have been created before her death)
    I want the Ones to stay in TCW. The mural on Lothal is hopefully just a reference and has little to do with the story going forward. Let's be original guys - enough piggybacking off of TCW. I think anything is possible for Ezra's fate. If Sidious kept one of the Ghost Crew - say Zeb or Sabine - hostage, that would be the only reason for him to join Sidious - otherwise he would never join the top dog of the Empire which already killed his birth parents and several of his Lothal friends.

Last edited: Jan 29, 2018
  25. Jedi_Sith_Smuggler_Droid

Jedi_Sith_Smuggler_Droid Force Ghost star 6

Mar 13, 2014
    There is a disturbance in the Force. With the Jedi Order destroyed an ancient threat has awoken and begun to amass power in the Unknown Regions. If allowed to establish a foothold this potential threat could soon prove too much for a lone pair of Sith Lords to destroy.

As construction of the Death Star drags out and the Rebellion grows, Palpatine becomes concerned. In an attempt to contain this threat until the Rebellion is crushed, Palpatine commands Thrawn to take an entire fleet to the Unknown Regions. But it will take more than a Star Fleet and the Empire's greatest Admiral for this expedition to succeed.

Also sensing this threat Ezra (and if alive Kanan) make the most unlikely of alliances, or at least find detente with Palpatine. Ezra leaves the Ghost Crew behind. He leaves the galaxy and the struggle between Empire and Rebels too. He accompanies Thrawn in identifying and confronting this other threat.

That's how the series ends for Ezra. A later show could center on the expedition into the Unknown Region and war with Ancient Mystic Force Users. The task force ultimately wins this war after many years cut off from the Empire. But in the process they are changed and have adapted so fully to survival in this uncharted part of the galaxy that they are no longer really Imperial or Jedi. Ezra learns long forgotten and bizarre powers of the Force and ultimately conquers the Ancient Mystics, unseating their Man God Wizard King to command the Unknown Regions.

The Expedition finally returns from the Unknown Regions to find the Empire overthrown and leaderless. It's once powerful military scattered, scarred, and broken after Jakku.

A scarred and broken empire is a perfect match for who Ezra has become through this entire ordeal. But they don't call him Ezra anymore. They use his name from the Unknown Regions - Supreme Leader Snoke.

Last edited: Jan 29, 2018