main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST How many times have you seen TLJ?

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by Vader0706, Dec 25, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. my kind of scum

my kind of scum Force Ghost star 4

Mar 4, 2002
    Was going to make Thursday showing number 5, but it is out of all of the theatres locally. Surprised that it was pulled already - was hoping to see it several more times.

B99 and MarcJordan like this.
  2. Maul316

Maul316 Jedi Grand Master star 3

Feb 7, 2001
    Twice, and the second time was only because I had ordered tickets beforehand to see it with a different friend. Too many times.

-LordSkywalker- likes this.
  3. Ricardo Funes

Ricardo Funes Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 18, 2015
    11 times already. I think I may have another one, and then wait for the Bluray.

4. zackm

zackm Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 22, 2015
    He was in the same cell because he needed to be in the same cell. He left when they got there because he was sleeping and they woke him up. He was never "working with the FO." He gave up info once they got caught to save himself.

Ricardo Funes and CEB like this.
  5. Only 3 times
    I doubt very much that I see the movie many times in comparison that I see the prequels

TOASTEROVEN likes this.
  6. Ricardo Funes

Dec 18, 2015
    3 times is a great number, and no worries if you like the PT better, each film speaks to us in a different level.

TOASTEROVEN and MarcJordan like this.
  7. Bowen

Bowen Force Ghost star 5

Sep 6, 1999
    Got back from #25 tonight. Good times :D

8. Starkiller17

Starkiller17 Jedi Master star 2

Jul 6, 2010
    25 times? That's intense. Serious question for you. The most I've ever seen a movie in theaters is 5 (TFA), do you ever get bored during the movie?

9. Bowen

Bowen Force Ghost star 5

Sep 6, 1999
    Sometimes, it depends on my mood. There are times I’m just tired or hungry or something like that or even thinking about some unfinished work task and it bothers me lol. But I wouldn’t say bored as much as just my mind wanders. That’s only after at least 15 times though because before that I’m just taking it all in and studying the movie really. I love seeing Star Wars theatrically!

I have to say it depends so much on the viewing and the day. I guess it was maybe my 19th viewing or something I felt was one of the best and I thought I could see this movie 20 more times easily. Then my 23rd, first not in IMAX, I felt like yikes I don’t know if I can watch this more than a few times more. Missed IMAX. But I think at this point I’m good with 2 times a week. Maybe 3 the last few weeks if I can just to squeeze out the theatrical viewings because I definitely miss the movies when they’re gone from theaters. It’s not the same even with a great home system. Maybe in the future if I could build a really nice 4K projection system with killer sound. I want to custom build my next home in about 4-5 years (moving by the time I’m 40) and a home theater for me is very important :D

10. obi-arin-kenobi

obi-arin-kenobi Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 10, 2005
    I was impressed with the Dolby Cinema. Out of the 25(!) times you went were you able to see it in one of those theaters? Better audio/visual experience.

I've only seen it the one time, but the presentation was top notch.

11. Diego Lucas

Diego Lucas Jedi Knight star 4

Dec 12, 2015
    Fifth and last time today, now wait the Blu Ray.

Here in my town just one session of the movie for all the town.

Ricardo Funes likes this.
  12. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    Going for my 6th and possibly last time. We’ll see if it sticks around another 2 weeks

MarcJordan and Ricardo Funes like this.
  13. zackm

Dec 22, 2015
    Seeing it for my 5th time in 5 minutes. This is my 1st time in this AMC theater. I might have to come for a 6th just because if how amazing this theater is.

14. Bowen

Bowen Force Ghost star 5

Sep 6, 1999
    Lol I’m glad to live in a major metro area, it’s still playing in every major theater here. It gives me lots of time!

I saw the film at El Capitan which has Dolby Atmos Sound but honestly for me that was not even close to as good as IMAXs system. Maybe if they turned it up more?! It just didn’t at all sound as good as any of my times seeing it in IMAX even at my smaller local IMAX. The best sound was TCL Chinese main auditorium and visually that awesome laser IMAX projector they have. Most usual viewing of course that TCL 4DX screening where you get squirted with water and hit with bad smells and wind and all that lol so much fun.

My GFs family dinner went long last night and screwed up my viewing plan, grrr. So I’m seeing it late today rather than last night.

15. Ricardo Funes

Dec 18, 2015
    Diego, for IX you should come to São Paulo, to watch on IMAX :cool:

Bowen and MarcJordan like this.
  16. Diego Lucas

Diego Lucas Jedi Knight star 4

Dec 12, 2015
    I watched my first session on IMAX in my town (Fortaleza), great session!

17. Bowen

Bowen Force Ghost star 5

Sep 6, 1999
    I went to a theater just a bit further away (still in my suburb), this is the theater that has special meaning to me as I've seen every Star Wars film there, so I was planning on just going there once to get in my viewing. BUT the theater has been redone and I forgot it's honestly way better than the theaters I usually go to except without having IMAX. So for regular screens, it's a better experience. The sound was LOUD just like I want it, otherwise I wouldn't be in the theater at all, and the screen was larger too by a good ways. Plus recliner seats. So I will be going there from now on until they stop playing TLJ (it's only a 13 screen theater so my local 18 will keep it longer, sadly). What a night and day experience, though, I was excited again about seeing it in such a good presentation!

So I'm at 26, I'll see it again either Tuesday or Wednesday.

18. smoothkaz

smoothkaz Jedi Knight star 2

Nov 25, 2014
    Three times. Probably gonna wait until the Blu-ray to see it again, but as soon as I have the money I'm pre-ordering.

MarcJordan likes this.
  19. B99

B99 Force Ghost star 6

Nov 10, 2014
    If I ever see a movie more than 20 times in theaters.. Plz, someone shoot me...

nilzo antonio likes this.
  20. zackm

Dec 22, 2015
    Why?

21. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    In theory, and probably likely, lucky #7 on Monday. Have to get in my designated monthly viewing! It's gone from 1 theatre but still in 3 others. I'm getting worried I may not be able to get in my March viewing theatrically (and I doubt the BluRay will hit until early April)

B99 likes this.
  22. Kladdagh

Kladdagh Jedi Knight star 1

Oct 9, 2017
    Seen it just one time ... BUT ... I'm waiting for the BR to fullfill my destiny =)

23. Bowen

Bowen Force Ghost star 5

Sep 6, 1999
    Psh 20 times is called a good first 5 weeks of the run :p If I ever DON'T see a Star Wars movie in theaters 20 times, I hope it's because I'm the one who directed the movie and I already had to see it 100 times in editing.

Plenty of time in the week, that's all I can say. I've still been watching 5 classic movies per week this year plus my TLJ viewings plus I'm finishing writing my first screenplay of the year and I just started outlining it on January 15. I'll finish it by the end of Thursday most likely, Friday at worst. Plus went to Los Angeles on business, been running my company and finishing all of the corporate accounting for last year, and the usual time with my girlfriend (including watching Stranger Things Season 2). There really is a TON of time in the week if you use it well, it's not like watching TLJ a few times a week gets in the way of doing so much else. It's just a fun break from it all, really. :D

24. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    I think it will be staying at 6. That is one under RO and TFA for me.

25. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    Geeze, I can't remember how many times I saw R1 in theatres.... 4. I think. Maybe 5. But probably 4. (got in 3 viewings of the Blu Ray over the rest of 2017, though) Someone bump the "how many times have you seen Rogue One" thread!

this is my method of protesting Disney diluting the Star Wars brand. Proper episodes like Last Jedi and Force Awakens I see 3 times in about 24 hours, but spinoffs only get a lowly 2 viewings in 24 hours. Voting with my wallet! :p

Last edited: Jan 31, 2018
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.