main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Amph What was the last tv episode you watched?

Discussion in 'Community' started by Coruscant, Sep 28, 2014.

1. Chancellor_Ewok

Chancellor_Ewok Chosen One star 7

Nov 8, 2004
    Sherlock Series 4. The Six Thatchers. Overall it was decent episode, but I’m glad that they wrote Mary out of the show. I found the Watson’s wife=super spy thing to be kind of a stretch.

2. gezvader28

gezvader28 Chosen One star 6

Mar 22, 2003
    except she won't go ! I lost count of the 'Mary's final message' videos she left behind !

3. Rylo Ken

Rylo Ken Force Ghost star 7

Dec 19, 2015
    Finished Gunpowder. A just cause combined with utter hopelessness and a liberal dose of cruel and unusual punishment. Sort of the Nate Parker's The Birth of a Nation of 2017 but with less scandal.

4. gezvader28

gezvader28 Chosen One star 6

Mar 22, 2003
    Inside No. 9 , S4:2 .
    This one was brilliant , 2 aging comics meet up again , some great acting and brilliant dialogue .

that Trevor Noah program , Ashley Graham was on , she er . . . . yeah she was talking about something , and er . . . ... , . . goodness me .

5. Mortimer Snerd

Mortimer Snerd Force Ghost star 4

Dec 27, 2012
    The final episode of Season 2 of Stranger Things.

Well....I guess it was okay. The first season was better of course, but this season had Kai Greene in it...although not enough.

6. Yoda's_Roomate

Yoda's_Roomate Chosen One star 5

Feb 8, 2000
    Victoria, Season 2 Ep. 5

7. Master_Lok

Master_Lok Force Ghost star 6

Dec 18, 2012
    Hollywood Couples: Charles Bronson and Jill Ireland. Fun to see a lot of those trailers intermingling with personal details, I immediately forgot one or two movies I wanted to see as a result of the trailers, but this was interesting.

8. Luke02

Luke02 Chosen One star 6

Sep 19, 2002
    The Goldbergs. It was okay but nothing like last week since which seem like they took a lot of it from watching my family eat out.

Last edited: Jan 18, 2018
  9. Juke Skywalker

Juke Skywalker Force Ghost star 5

Mar 27, 2004
    M.A.S.K. S1, Ep. 8 "The Roteks" (1985) - Plot; V.E.N.O.M. unleashes a swarm of enhanced, metal-eating bugs.

M.A.S.K. is notable in Star Wars circles because it's the star Kenner Toys hitched its wagon to when the Star Wars express began to run out of steam. Kind of a hybrid of G.I. Joe and Transformers, it became my own last hurrah with toys (at least until I got older and realized being a grownup was overrated). The toy line itself is excellent. The cartoon... yeah, about that.

The plots tend to involve V.E.N.O.M. (Or Vicious Evil Network of Mayhem, the on the nose acronym for the bad guys) stealing something and the good guys of M.A.S.K. (Mobile Armored Strike Kommand... yeah, with a K) stopping them. This episode is no different. This time V.E.N.O.M. steals enhanced insects that can eat metal, and M.A.S.K. has to stop them before they devour everything. The writing is pretty bland, w/o much of the subtle wit that informs, say G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero. It also lacks the latter's voice talent, with the performances here about as flat as an ironing board.

It is fun when uber square, milquetoast leader Matt Trakker puts out the call to assemble his team, who all have day jobs (bad guy bustin' must not pay very well). Watching them drop their tasks to respond is always worth a chuckle. And one can't talk about M.A.S.K. w/o talking about its theme song. The 80s was Golden Age of cartoon themes, and there were few, if any, better than M.A.S.K. - 5.5/10

CT-867-5309 and Juliet316 like this.
  10. Luke02

Luke02 Chosen One star 6

Sep 19, 2002
    If you call it a TV show, we watch The Amazing Race last night on the DVR. It’s the one reality show I watch (unless you are like me and call the Trump administration a reality TV show) since it’s a true competition and actually there is some good geography stuff in there. When I used to teach geography in summer school, I sometimes showed clips of it.

Juliet316 likes this.
  11. vin

vin Chosen One star 6

Dec 16, 1999
    Black Mirror S4E6: Black Museum

This was like a 3 part episode. Pretty good stuff.

12. jedi_john_33

jedi_john_33 Jedi Master star 7

Sep 26, 2003
    I finally started this show called Stranger Things. I think I am on episode 6 or 7 of the first season. I haven't watched it for a few days. It is okay so far.

13. Coruscant

Coruscant Chosen One star 7

Feb 15, 2004
    Is the casual, seemingly unawares understatement intentional, dear reader?

Inspector Coruscant investigates!

Last edited: Jan 20, 2018
  14. Gamma626

Gamma626 Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 6, 2014
    Episodes 1-6 of Mindhunter. Truly exceptional. Like... beyond good.

15. CT-867-5309

CT-867-5309 Chosen One star 7

Jan 5, 2011
    I watched the Daniel Deronda miniseries, and enjoyed it well enough.

16. JEDI-SOLO

JEDI-SOLO Force Ghost star 6

Feb 12, 2002
    Watching Altered Carbon Ep 4. This is great stuff and it’s really making me want to reread the book right now.

17. Juliet316

Juliet316 Chosen One star 10

Apr 27, 2005
    Live PD

JEDI-SOLO likes this.
  18. JEDI-SOLO

Feb 12, 2002
    Ah damn I forgot about that. Watched my 1st last weekend. Tuning in now.

Juliet316 likes this.
  19. JEDI-SOLO

Feb 12, 2002
    Lmao!! 24 kids at that party in my state. That had to have been loud.

Ole dude in El Paso was torn up. I saw that outcoming playing out.. idiot

20. Darth Punk

Darth Punk JCC Manager star 7 Staff Member Manager

Nov 25, 2013
    A refresher rewatching of Gamorrah s02 e12.

But dilemma time... I've just noticed Altered Carbon is now available on Netflix. Do I crack on with Gomorrah season three, or get me some James Purefoy?

21. soitscometothis

soitscometothis Chosen One star 6

Jul 11, 2003
    Three episodes in of Altered Carbon and I'm finally ready to admit to myself that despite all the money on the screen, it's pants.

22. Jordan1Kenobi

Jordan1Kenobi SWC Jedi Draft Champion star 6 VIP - Game Winner

Sep 30, 2012
    The final two episodes of Star Wars Rebels season 3.

Wow wee! What a finale. The visuals have been absolutely stunning this season. Bendu is awesome and Thrawn is a bloody good villain. Now to catch up with season 4...

Todd the Jedi likes this.
  23. Sara_Kenobi

Sara_Kenobi Jedi Grand Master star 7

Sep 21, 2000
    This Is Us.

Juliet316 likes this.
  24. Juke Skywalker

Juke Skywalker Force Ghost star 5

Mar 27, 2004
    Battlestar Galactica S1, Ep. 18 "Baltar's Escape" (1979) - Plot; With his powers stripped by a newly assertive Council of Twelve, Commander Adama and the Galactica are vulnerable to the scheming of their dangerous prisoner Baltar.

After more than a year away, I return to my re-watch of a show that's taken longer than the show itself lasted. In need of some comfort food, the mess hall on the Galactica had just what I needed on its menu.

The original BSG will never be associated with "big ideas", but to simply dismiss it as empty headed junk food sci-fi isn't exactly fair. This episode sees the Colonial Council of Twelve move to take the Galactica and its ragtag fleet--which has been under martial law since their colonies were destroyed by the Cylons--off of a war footing. What initially seems like a simple, plot serving clash between the Council's naïve peacenik mindset and the hard won pessimistic wisdom of Adama and his crew sees the latter thoughtfully consider the Council's arguments and do his best to comply. For their part, the Council--particularly the episode's chief bureaucratic foil--show a steely resolve and a willingness to act when all other avenues close. Is it heady stuff? No, not really. But it's a bit weightier than its "Pew! Pew! Pew!" reputation. - 7/10

Master_Rebado and Juliet316 like this.
  25. Master_Rebado

Master_Rebado Chosen One star 6

May 31, 2004
    Altered Carbon S1 E10.

Iron_lord likes this.