main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lit Fleet Junkie Flagship- The technical discussions of the GFFA (Capital Ships thread Mk. II)

Discussion in 'Literature' started by AdmiralWesJanson, Sep 12, 2005.

1. Tzizvvt78

Tzizvvt78 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 12, 2009
    Nice reference to the TT. I hope it will still have the connection with the Providence class like in the EU. I also notice they redesigned it to look more blocky and less organic.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 27, 2018
  2. GrandAdmiralJello

GrandAdmiralJello Comms Admin ❉ Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Nov 28, 2000
    Awesome. I had not thought to see those in canon.

3. Chris0013

Chris0013 Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 21, 2014
    NM...Found it.

always loved me some Dreadnaught....thought they kind of gave it a bad name with the huge crew requirement and light fighter load out.

Last edited: Feb 27, 2018
  4. Tzizvvt78

Tzizvvt78 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 12, 2009
    I wonder if this more "bulky" look is to help it become the "local bulk cruiser" Han mentions in ANH? ;)

A8T likes this.
  5. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    Oh wow! That’s brilliant!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6. A8T

A8T Jedi Master star 2

Jun 9, 2014
    Heh, when I first saw that I thought Carrack class, only on second watch did I realise Dreadnought. Anyway, glad they are back.

7. Chris0013

May 21, 2014
    Someone...to the Wook...make a canon page. [face_party]

8. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    My first reaction is: [face_dancing]

But then I'm thinking this is just a peace offering towards possibly killing off Thrawn in the finale [face_nail_biting]

9. AdmiralWesJanson

AdmiralWesJanson Force Ghost star 5

May 23, 2005
    I wouldn't worry. Unlike Marvel killing off good villains too soon, Star Wars keeps bringing them back long after they should be dead or gone, like Palpatine and Boba Fett in DE, Daala in LotF, and Phasma in TLJ.

My reactions is hoping that Armada Wave 8 is going to be this and the Arrestor Cruiser for the Empire, and say the Brahatok as a flotilla and CC-7700 for the Rebels.

Last edited: Feb 28, 2018
    TheRedBlade and AdmiralNick22 like this.
  10. Vthuil

Vthuil Force Ghost star 5

Jan 3, 2013
    I'm absolutely convinced that if Thrawn dies in Rebels, we'll be getting a canon cloned Thrawn.

TheRedBlade likes this.
  11. Tuskin38

Tuskin38 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 15, 2010
    Here it is from another angle

[​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 28, 2018
    TheRedBlade likes this.
  12. Darth_Duck

Darth_Duck Chosen One star 5

Oct 13, 2000
    I shouldn't be this excited over a silly little ship. But I am.

Sent from my SM-G386W using Tapatalk

Vthuil likes this.
  13. Chris0013

May 21, 2014
    This is the sort of stuff I was hoping to see with TCW and Rebels. On screen depictions of EU ships that we never saw on screen.

We got the Z-95 and the PLY-3000, the YV-666, and others. But did not get any capital ships that I was hoping for like the Dreadnaught (which we just got) the Victory and Gladiator class SDs and others

14. AdmiralNick22

AdmiralNick22 Retired Fleet Admiral star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 28, 2003
    YES!

I want the Dornean gunship so badly. CC-7700 isn't a bad idea. I'd personally love the MC40 light cruiser, I like that ship and it fills a size niche the Rebels are lacking in. More fighter packs too.

--Adm. Nick

15. Star_Desperado

Star_Desperado Jedi Knight star 3

Mar 5, 2017
    As someone who never got what the fuss was about for Thrawn's space-bricks, to me that does actually look like a suspiciously conciliatory gesture to include that in an attempt to cushion the blow from a character death.
    But maybe it's there to make up for killing off Kanan; if it is then tough toenails Filoni, you've made an enemy for life out of me for sinking the Kanera ship

16. TheRedBlade

TheRedBlade Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 17, 2007
    Seeing that Dreadnaught was like seeing an old friend. I'll be so stoked if Star Wars: Resistance puts an E-Wing on-screen.

I support any further appearances of the CC-7700, as a I do for all of Rebellion's weirdo designs.

Being that Filoni
    just put Ahsoka in the box for a second time
    , I don't think there's much chance he'll kill Thrawn after only two seasons of playing with him. Besides, seeing him offed by anyone other than Zahn would be weird.

17. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    Don't tease me. If they do E-Wings then the only remaining bar will be the K-Wing and then I will fade away into the Force.

And shoot lightning bolts into trees. Because K-Wings.

18. Star_Desperado

Mar 5, 2017
    Something resembling an E-wing appeared cut off in the corner of a panel in the Poe comic.

JediBatman and TheRedBlade like this.
  19. Outsourced

Outsourced Force Ghost star 5

Apr 10, 2017
    E-Wing

More like...

YEE-Wing

20. Star_Desperado

Mar 5, 2017
    A Y-wing would definitely make those two E's better ;~)

21. AdmiralWesJanson

AdmiralWesJanson Force Ghost star 5

May 23, 2005
    No more Mon Cal ships for a while. Armada has enough. Out of 4 large ships, 3 are Mon Calamari. Lets see the CC 7700 and 9600, and the Liberator Cruiser. The Dauntless. Bopthan Assault Cruisers. No more Mon Cal ships for a few waves.

22. Iron_lord

Iron_lord Chosen One star 10

Sep 2, 2012
    I'd say what the Rebels most need are more Medium ships - though the Empire could do with another Large or so - maybe another Small or so as well.

Jedi Knight Fett and seeker_two like this.
  23. Noash_Retrac

Noash_Retrac Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 14, 2006
    This may seem weird but could someone go through their copies of anything related to the Battle of Jakku in terms of New Republic assets, squadrons and pilots. Wookieepedia appears to be mostly lacking in detail.

24. Alpha-Red

Alpha-Red Chosen One star 7

Apr 25, 2004
    Is it a lot of work for them to model these ships? I always thought that was the reason that the Gonzati and Arquitens kept showing up over and over.

25. Star_Desperado

Mar 5, 2017
    I wouldn't know precisely how much given as I have no talent or experience in the art, but from what I understand, yes, it takes an astounding amount of time, effort, and money to model even the most minor and low-poly film-quality CGI models, so they reuse and alter preexisting assets whenever they are able. TCW was absurdly expensive and had started production before ROTS even finished, and that was all for Genndy Tartakovsky/Thunderbirds style wooden-block marionettes. The Rebels finale that's airing next week? That was already in production in 2015 or 2016.

Daneira and TheRedBlade like this.