main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Comics Darth Vader: Dark Lord of the Sith #19-25: Fortress Vader (7/7 Released)

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Ancient Whills, Aug 2, 2018.

1. Ancient Whills

Ancient Whills Force Ghost star 6

Jun 12, 2011
  2. iPodwithnomusic

iPodwithnomusic Jedi Master star 3

Nov 23, 2012
    That is an awesome preview!
    We're finally going to learn what happened with Eeth Koth in canon! It's interesting that he decided to retire his life as a Jedi and just raise a family. Reminds me of Cut Lawquane in The Clone Wars. I've got a bad feeling Eeth Koth might not survive this issue, however the solicitation does say "A JEDI makes a desperate deal", and it's unlikely he would make a desperate deal only to die in the same issue. Really looking forward to this one!

Last edited: Aug 2, 2018
  3. tatooinesandworm

tatooinesandworm Jedi Master star 3

Jul 30, 2015
    Wow. Charles you magnificent bastard, what are you giving us? Pure Vader. Holy cow patties.

Sent from my Ornithopter using The Force

Atollon_Dweller, spicer and Ithorians like this.
  4. Barriss_Coffee

Barriss_Coffee Chosen One star 6

Jun 29, 2003
    SQUEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEoneofmyfavorites!!!!

That preview was better than the entirety of some Purge issues.

5. KamNale

KamNale Jedi Master star 2

Feb 11, 2012
    Very intriguing.

6. Yunzabit

Yunzabit Jedi Master star 4

Apr 5, 2015
    This looks awesome. Eeth Koth huh? Never thought he escaped the Purge. I'm a little confused. Vader said his name, Eeth begged and Vader just says "funerals". Not very articulate. Unless I'm missing something.

Atollon_Dweller likes this.
  7. Senpezeco

Senpezeco Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 27, 2014
    I'm hyped. This series is too cool. Soule really spoils us. [​IMG]

Vader is playing off Koth's mention of officiating funerals. Despite all of Koth's pleading and stalling, Vader is saying "You're dead" with his brand of terse dark humor. "Funerals, huh? Funny you should mention that. Next one is yours. There's no getting out of this."

8. Noash_Retrac

Noash_Retrac Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 14, 2006
    Well there was a shock! Eeth Koth leaving the Jedi Order!

His Legends backstory established him as being a member of the order from age four onwards (making him the oldest known entry to the Order till Anakin at age nine-ten). So this being him I'm not surprised.

Just wonder when he did leave (allowing Agen Kolar to take his seat on the Council).

His last known appearance was what, end of Season Six/Lost Missions (ignoring vision which was clearly meant to be Agen Kolar). According to Pablo Hidalgo, Season Six ended just a little over a year before Revenge of the Sith (I ignore Galactic Atlas dates out of inconsistencies - which could be an in-universe flaw considering the multiple Clone Wars timeline theories present by Luke in the "Legends" Jedi/Sith lore books). So that means Koth left in the year towards the end of the War and prior to the purge committed.

9. Ithorians

Ithorians Jedi Master star 4

Apr 26, 2016
    Wow. I just love this series. Every preview leaves me so excited, and the episodes themselves fully deliver! Great to have a new story arc, and very interesting to see it will be a little longer!

Jarrus and tatooinesandworm like this.
  10. Commander_Andersen

Commander_Andersen Jedi Grand Master star 2

Apr 10, 2004
    Well I was not expecting that. This series really does deserve the praise it gets.

11. Arrian

Arrian Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 15, 2011
  12. spicer

spicer Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 14, 2012
    [​IMG]

Eeth Koth! Finally! His fate after the Clone Wars wasn't covered even in Legends, so yay for originality! This series is just too good, can't wait for the issue.

13. Arrian

Arrian Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 15, 2011
    So many questions. Wowee. But we finally get to see Vader fight someone on his level. Just incredible choices by Soule. Time after time. And he said it’s his best work, this arc. So pumped.

Original, exciting, and open-ended. Just thrilled.

14. Revanfan1

Revanfan1 Force Ghost star 6

Jun 3, 2013
    Hmm...

Was Eeth Koth kicked out because of this woman he's with, perhaps? Or did he meet her after he left the Order, and there is some other reason he was kicked out?

I hope his baby survives. There aren't very many legacy Jedi in canon, and maybe she could be someone important, post-ROTJ?

15. StarWarsFan91

StarWarsFan91 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 14, 2008
    Nice to see more references to religion beyond just the Jedi and Sith.

Vialco, Revanfan1 and Yunzabit like this.
  16. Yunzabit

Apr 5, 2015
    The tone of this comic series is very dark which I admire and it might even be a good plot point to show how low Vader has sunk if he kills the baby. It will also make everything feel hopeless for the future of the Jedi which is also a main point of this series

17. SilentGuy66

SilentGuy66 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 1, 2014
    Eight years later and we finally find out why
    Filoni went to all that trouble to bring Eeth Koth back to life :p

Vialco likes this.
  18. Darth_Accipiter

Darth_Accipiter Force Ghost star 5

Feb 2, 2015
    wow, Eeth Koth. Big surprise there. This is one I wish could be animated.

19. MrDarth0

MrDarth0 Jedi Master star 4

Oct 3, 2015
    Killing the baby would be a waste. Uncle Palpatine needs subjects for his experiments after all.

20. Yunzabit

Apr 5, 2015
    Oh snap! That’s true. I forgot about that. Let’s hope she’s Force-sensitive

MrDarth0 likes this.
  21. KamNale

KamNale Jedi Master star 2

Feb 11, 2012
    What an amazing issue. 3 new inquisitors! No sign of 6th or 9th. RIP Eeth Koth

Ithorians likes this.
  22. Grand Admiral Paxis

Grand Admiral Paxis Jedi Master star 3

Sep 2, 2012
    An amazing issue. Here are some major spoilers.

- As mentioned, some new Inquisitors, including a black-skinned Twi'lek male and a pink-skinned female (possibly a Zeltros).
    - While Vader duels with Koth, the Inqs go off to hunt his wife and child. The wife escapes in a waiting shuttle but the baby is snatched from her arms with the Force and brought back to Vader, who kills Koth while he's subsequently distracted.
    - Vader brings the baby back to the Works to be delivered to two creepy Kallidahin(?) nurses as part of Project Harvester (from Jason Fry's awesome Servants of the Empire series). Amusingly, Vader doesn't touch the baby, instead levitating it just above his hand. (Kids must be a bit of a sore subject given that Padme was pregnant).
    - The Grand Inquisitor shows Vader a list of confirmed Jedi survivors, currently deep in hiding and almost impossible to find. The list is in Aurebesh, but according to the Wook, it includes Yoda, Obi-Wan, Oppo Rancisis(!) and, of all people, Coleman kriffin' Kcaj! My personal theory is that Kcaj is still in his seat in the Jedi Council chamber and literally no one has noticed him.
    - Given that so many senior Jedi are still alive, including Council members, I really hope this series is moving towards an explosive finale. The Aftermath trilogy mentions General Hodnar Borrum helping to put down the last stand of the Jedi at one of their mountain fortresses on a world Sloane can't remember the name of. I have my fingers crossed that Rancisis and the like are there.

Last edited: Aug 8, 2018
  23. iPodwithnomusic

iPodwithnomusic Jedi Master star 3

Nov 23, 2012
    This issue is everything I was hoping for from this series!
    We got to see some new inquisitors, and they also showed all the ones we know from Rebels. This story complements the Rebels episode "The Future of the Force" extremely well, and that was one of my favourite episodes! I was really happy to see Eeth Koth again, his story was great and it's interesting that he had a force sensitive child. This arc is off to a great start, I really can't wait for the next issue.

Wow if we get to see Oppo Rancisis and Coleman Kcaj that would be amazing! I was curious what the Aurebesh names were. Anyone else find it strange Ahsoka and Quinlan Vos disappeared from the list?

Last edited: Aug 8, 2018
  24. Grand Admiral Paxis

Grand Admiral Paxis Jedi Master star 3

Sep 2, 2012
    The list is blurry and cut off at the top and bottom, suggesting that it's in the middle of a page that's been scrolled along. For example, the top bit of Yoda's name is cut off, although not so much that you can't see what it says. The list of known Jedi survivors is probably longer than the handful shown in this issue - although, from the conversations between the Inquisitors, it grows shorter by the day.

MrDarth0 and iPodwithnomusic like this.
  25. Ithorians

Ithorians Jedi Master star 4

Apr 26, 2016
    What a great issue! One of my favorite yet, for sure...
    3 new Inquisitors with great designs, Vader defeating Eeth Koth, Fifth brother in action (and the others from Rebels showing up as well) and some very interesting turns in Vader and the Inquisitorius dynamics!

That Coleman Kcaj is referenced here, and has a possibility of showing up, is just an amazing easter egg. I still think it´s very interesting that the Inquisitors are moving close to a fulfillment of their primary goal so early on (not unlike Legends, for that matter), and gets into a very intriguing territory with many open possibilities, knowing that they are active 15+ years later.

I´m also getting the feeling that the original idea of many Inquisitors still active by the time of Rebels feels quite plausible. I do hope this series continues for a while, with so many aspects still to be developed... and they are just doing such a great job at it!

Oh, and is it just me, or there is a feeling that Mira will be showing up again in this arc?

Jarrus likes this.