main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST I Have A Bad Feeling About This - The "Haters" Sanctuary

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by Pro Scoundrel , Dec 6, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Alliyah Skywalker

Alliyah Skywalker Force Ghost star 5

Dec 18, 2017
    JJ would not understand why people got emotional over it in EG but would laugh in embarassment in TROS. He genuinely does not understand earning something.

2. Rachel_In_Red

Rachel_In_Red Jedi Master star 3

May 12, 2013
    I think the first mistake was making a ST in the first place because I feel like the story ended as it should have after ROTJ. But if a ST had to be made, IMO, they should have put the Big Three on a positive trajectory from the OT - which they did not. And if Sidious had to return, it should have been a prime Luke Skywalker taking him down for good.

There's a scene in the movie Thank You For Smoking where Aaron Eckhart's character does something stupid and his boss says, "I just cannot imagine a way in which you could have ****** up more." I think about that line every time the ST comes to mind.

3. nightangel

nightangel Force Ghost star 6

Oct 31, 2014
    and again they miss the point completely, it makes sense for Tony/Iron Man to pull such a line, because it fits to his personality which was build over many movies, while it doesn't fit in any way to Rey who is a Jedi for 3 days. It is just they take a line from somewhere else and put it anywhere without caring if it fits or not. :rolleyes:

KSennia, unicorn, ami-padme and 11 others like this.
  4. Glitterstimm

Glitterstimm Force Ghost star 6

Dec 30, 2017
    Damn, I can't handle the emotions right now lol. I'll try to watch Mando when I get a break. I might not be chatting much for the next day because my tentative plan is to see TROS on Friday, and I want to have some relatively fresh eyes. I want there to be something I like. See y'all in a little while.

5. PendragonM

PendragonM Force Ghost star 4

Mar 7, 2018
    I still can't believe that ending shot of Luke and Leia (or as the wags are already saying Mary and Joseph) - with no Han. I mean, I'm happy there's no Kylo but it looks like Luke and Leia just skipped off to ForceWorld and left Han mouldering somewhere, which makes everything they did to him even worse. I mean, how many times did he save them and now he's just a footnote in their short lives?

KSennia, DBPirate, afrojedi and 7 others like this.
  6. Vorax

Vorax Force Ghost star 5

Jun 10, 2014
    Tattooine scene was probably symbolic of burying Lucas.

Last edited: Dec 18, 2019
  7. Nipuhanipera

Nipuhanipera Force Ghost star 5

May 25, 2014
    Baby Yoda is like therapy at this point.

8. Alliyah Skywalker

Alliyah Skywalker Force Ghost star 5

Dec 18, 2017
    They looked creepy as hell, though. Wouldn't blame Han for noping the hell out of there.

9. UK Sullustian

UK Sullustian Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 18, 1998
    A
    Alas Carrie is dead. So this cannot happen.

(But they’d make a LOT of money if they did...)

devilinthedetails likes this.
  10. The_Phantom_Calamari

The_Phantom_Calamari Force Ghost star 5

Nov 10, 2011
    I actually don't have an inherent problem with this. Yeah, Luke and Anakin both hated Tatooine when they were young, but I'd argue there's a certain logic in the idea that in death they'd make peace with where they came from and in fact embrace it.

The reason it sucks is because of how damn hacky and obvious it is. It worked for Episode III because it came across as a natural place to end everything and bring it full circle. But doing the twin sunset on Tatooine thing again (after it was hilariously done with Luke's death on Ahch-To)? Even though it comes across as forced and doesn't actually mean anything to Rey herself? And putting freaking BB-8 (J.J.'s creation, of course) there with her instead of, oh, I don't know, the two droids who have actually been part of this journey from the very beginning?

It's so, so bad. Oh my God. The Star Wars saga, ladies and gentlemen.

11. alwayslurking

alwayslurking Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 21, 2019
    Han's like, we barely knew this girl, and you all both hated this place. I'll go somewhere fun for the afterlife. Later.

wobbits, unicorn, ami-padme and 11 others like this.
  12. Vorax

Vorax Force Ghost star 5

Jun 10, 2014
    Would've been funny in the skeleton of Darth Maul grabbed Rey and dragged her into the sand, better ending messa thinks.

13. Thrawn082

Thrawn082 Force Ghost star 6

Jan 11, 2014
    They should have had the guts to ACTUALLY tell a new story with new challenges, not just pretend that they were.

14. The_Phantom_Calamari

Nov 10, 2011
    The final shot is Rey going to Tosche Station, buying a pack of power converters, and then tauntingly holding them just out of Luke's ghostly reach while she jeers at him and calls him a loser.

15. Vorax

Vorax Force Ghost star 5

Jun 10, 2014
    As long as she buys them from Watto.

16. Bananakin_

Bananakin_ Jedi Master star 2

Dec 3, 2016
    @nightangel @Alliyah Skywalker Yup, the moment is completely unearned. 3 movies in, and we still can't connect with Rey.

Ideally I wish they'd just hit the reset button. But that's a pipe dream at this point. Don't think Mark and Harrison aren't gonna come back. Studio will probably just want to move on. The best I personally hope for is to explore the 30 years before TFA. Not too late to get some Jedi Academy style adventures, and see the New Republic. I mean the Mandalorian finally showed the latter and it's :*.

Freaking Resistance, discount looking Rebellion/New Republic...

17. CairnsTony

CairnsTony Force Ghost star 5

May 7, 2014
    Finn is Force sensitive. There you go.

18. The_Phantom_Calamari

Nov 10, 2011
    No no, Watto doesn't exist. We've replaced him with the much superior practical effects character, Unkar Plutt, memorably and charismatically played by Star Wars superfan Simon Pegg.

19. starocean90

starocean90 Chosen One star 8

Feb 19, 2014
    if I ever were for some reason to rewatch the ST. Go with the
    #notmyLuke, #notmyHan, #notmyLeia, #notmyPalps, #notmyLando, #notmy3PO/R2, #notmyChewie

aka
    #notmySW

this is a fanfiction nonsense continuation. Always said you make Reylo canon it's 100% fanfiction story on top of destroying legacies instead of building new ones. The real ST was never made, it's Lucas's stuff, "what happened to Vader's grandchildren?".

20. DominusNovus

DominusNovus Jedi Master star 3

Dec 27, 2017
    I'm willing to put up with some weird face capture CGI uncanny valley hijinks to get this.

21. starocean90

starocean90 Chosen One star 8

Feb 19, 2014
    Watto was a fun character, the scene of Jinn trying to con Watto and it not working was just too funny. Aren't Jedi supposed to fair?:p

22. Mr. Forest

Mr. Forest Chosen One star 6

Nov 1, 2012
    I cannot believe we’ve actually gotten to this point. Disney had it all, and they still managed to completely fumble the ball in the end. I’ve never seen this sort of train wreck before, and it’s only going to get worse.

23. HevyDevy

HevyDevy Force Ghost star 5

Apr 13, 2011
    Qui-Gon was a grey Jedi. Or just a cool one.

Or... "Giving people Republic credits! POWER, UNLIMITED POWER!"

24. SkywalkersFTW

SkywalkersFTW Jedi Padawan star 1

Dec 10, 2019
    This narrative will blow up the second the audience scores are up. Fans of TLJ will hate it (and TLJ haters will hate it too) so everyone will know the trilogy simply sucks. They'll just quietly admit it. PR can't risk other backlashes.

In any way they retcon and decanonize this mess I'll be happy, and honestly most fans would probably be too, I think. If the ST is so badly received, what do they have to lose?

If Favreau actually does that during Mandalorian he would become my favorite person in Hollywood [face_laugh]

Also, knowing Mark Hamill, I'd say he would accept coming back as Luke if they did his character justice.

25. Nipuhanipera

Nipuhanipera Force Ghost star 5

May 25, 2014
    They fumbled it so hard that I really have to convince myself that it wasn't intentional.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.