main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Rogue One What was your reaction the first time seeing the Vader hallway scene?

Discussion in 'Anthology' started by Blue 5, May 9, 2017.

1. The Senate

The Senate Jedi Knight star 3

Feb 12, 2020
    I was like well all those Rebels are screwed.Thought it was dumb that he didn't force pull the plans or the guy holding the plans.

2. RaiseTheFlag

RaiseTheFlag Jedi Youngling

Apr 19, 2020
    I was gobsmacked. This was the first time I’d ever seen Vader move like that and I loved it

Sarge likes this.
  3. themoth

themoth Force Ghost star 5

Dec 5, 2015
    The closest comparison would be his Cloud City battle against Luke.

4. Darth Chuck Norris

Darth Chuck Norris Jedi Master star 4

Sep 13, 2014
    I disagree to a point. On Bespin, we see Vader being reserved in his actions. Even recognizing Luke's lower skill level, Vader is still measured in his attack. He doesn't start to unleash until after Luke is sucked out the broken window. Until Luke is beaten and battered, and even then he is still reserved because he doesn't want to damage him. In Rogue One, it's fully unleashed Vader. He feels zero threat from the Rebel troops. He's free to go full Gonzo, and does so in nearly epic fashion. For me, there is no comparison to the hallway scene.

Last edited: Apr 24, 2020
  5. The Senate

The Senate Jedi Knight star 3

Feb 12, 2020
    It would've been really sad if Jyn and Cassian made it aboard the ship and were in that hallway...

6. themoth

themoth Force Ghost star 5

Dec 5, 2015
    As I said, ‘closest comparison’. I have seen Vader move like that in the Cloud City duel. No scene is going to be exactly the same.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 24, 2020
  7. DarthKreVass

DarthKreVass Jedi Grand Master star 3

Dec 27, 2008
    RO is the ONLY Star Wars movie (IMHO) to make Vader truly scary! The batch tank scene. That outride of the Castle when the Director arrived. Him meeting the Director. The hallway scene wiping out rebels. Truly frightening!! LOVED IT!

someoneinpassing likes this.
  8. Blame_It_On_Lucas

Blame_It_On_Lucas Jedi Grand Master star 3

Jan 29, 2004
    Loved it. I particularly liked that they didn't make him do acrobatic stunts like flips or crazy saber twirls and kept his movements consistent with what we saw in the OT, but only with more ferocity.

9. christophero30

christophero30 Chosen One star 10

May 18, 2017
    Thats what made RO great, how it was consistent with ANH and yet something fresh.

10. Darth Chuck Norris

Darth Chuck Norris Jedi Master star 4

Sep 13, 2014
    I humbly disagree. Seeing the OT as a child when they hit the theaters, Vader was quite scary in both ANH and ESB. It's funny, a friend and I watched 1-6 a few weeks ago, and he made the comment, in episode order, Vader seems so much less imposing than in release order.

Sarge and DarthKreVass like this.
  11. Aah Fisto

Aah Fisto Jedi Knight star 2

May 30, 2020
    I absolutely loved it!!

The guy holding the plans has always bothered me though. Why does he hold onto them for so long before passing them through the gap ?

12. Bor Mullet

Bor Mullet Force Ghost star 8

Apr 6, 2018
    He was trying to get someone to take them...

13. Aah Fisto

Aah Fisto Jedi Knight star 2

May 30, 2020
    Well I know that but they keep on trying to open a door which clearly isn’t budging, yet they don’t think to take the plans off him sooner. Maybe I should have worded it.. why doesn’t anyone take the plans off him sooner

14. Bor Mullet

Apr 6, 2018
    Panic. Didn’t see it as they were trying to open the door in a rush. Perhaps some of those dudes didn’t know what he was handing to them. Confusion. Etc. Pretty simple explanations.

15. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    The guy was also trying to stay alive hoping the door would open before Vader killed them all. That’s a pretty natural human reaction. It’s not until he realizes it’s hopeless that he stops trying to open the door and instead tries to hand it off to someone on the other side.

16. christophero30

May 18, 2017
    yeah when a cyborg Sith Lord with a light saber is tossing your buddies against the wall you're probably not thinking clearly.

17. Darth Thumos

Darth Thumos Jedi Youngling

Jul 4, 2020
    I yawned, honestly. You already know how it's going to end, how it has to end for the OT to begin the way we know it did. There's no suspense at all unless it's your first Star Wars movie and you genuinely don't know what happens to the Death Star.

CampOfSorgan likes this.
  18. Bor Mullet

Apr 6, 2018
    Sorry, I read the first sentence and started yawning. No way I’m going to get through a whole paragraph. Can you summarize in one or two words?

Aah Fisto and christophero30 like this.
  19. Darth Thumos

Darth Thumos Jedi Youngling

Jul 4, 2020
    Scene boring.

20. Kato Sai

Kato Sai Chosen One star 8

Apr 27, 2014
    I loved it. Vader finally showed us his prowess post-Mustafar.

21. christophero30

May 18, 2017
    It's my favorite version of Vader. The ESB Terminator Vader. Hey that rhymed.

Last edited: Aug 13, 2020
  22. bb8isno1

bb8isno1 Jedi Padawan star 1

Jun 29, 2020
    I really loved the scene and thought It was cool to see him in action again especisally with this lightsaber and using tne force showing no mercy to the rebels. This and the Vaders castle scenes are my favourite RO scenes ahead of many other memorable scenes in the film

Last edited: Aug 16, 2020
  23. Discipulus

Discipulus Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 1, 2019
    It's fun in a fan-film kind of way. I understand the complaints of fan service, but it's nowhere near as forced as Ponda Baba's appearance in the same film or - borrowing an example from an audiobook I just finished - Maz Kanata showing up in Master and Apprentice.

24. Kato Sai

Kato Sai Chosen One star 8

Apr 27, 2014
    I wholeheartedly agree. Well said my friend.

christophero30 likes this.
  25. CampOfSorgan

CampOfSorgan Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 27, 2020
    Only scenes I remember my initial reaction to was the opening scene when Krennic lands on Lah’mu (wowed by the beautiful green pastures of Lah’mu) and when Cassian shoots the informant in the back (thought it was pretty cold blooded for a Rebel).

I think the Vader hallway scene is great all though you can argue it’s fan servicey.