main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

CT What was your favourite toy / figure when you where a kid?

Discussion in 'Classic Trilogy' started by daveeek, Jul 12, 2011.

1. Deanna Montgomery

Deanna Montgomery Jedi Master star 1

Oct 3, 2014
    My favorite figure was Dagobah Yoda and I kept it in my Darth Vader carrying case.

I took out extra homeowner's insurance to cover my SW collectibles I've had all these years. [face_dancing]

sith_rhino and christophero30 like this.
  2. bb8isno1

bb8isno1 Jedi Padawan star 1

Jun 29, 2020
    My favourite figure was probably Yoda. My favourite toy was the Death Star from Star Wars and The Turret and Probot and Imperial Attack Base from Empire. My favourite ships were the Star Destroyer and Millenium Falcon.

3. christophero30

christophero30 Chosen One star 10

May 18, 2017
    I got a metal X Wing and Tie fighter for Christmas one year. The TIE Fighter had a little Vader that pulled out.

4. obi-arin-kenobi

obi-arin-kenobi Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 10, 2005
    The Ewok line was the best because they broke past the films and before you knew it Kenner was producing Ewok cars, which I just find hilarious.

sith_rhino and christophero30 like this.
  5. sith_rhino

sith_rhino Jedi Master star 2

Jul 9, 2007
    I was luckier than some, apparently. My father threw out all of my playsets and ships (though I bought some of them back, mostly on ebay a few years ago) but he did keep all of my action figures, in the original Star Wars carrying cases, which I still have. Most of the guns are long gone, but that's my own fault, as I lost a lot of them.

christophero30 and bb8isno1 like this.
  6. Deliveranze

Deliveranze Force Ghost star 6

Nov 28, 2015
    None. I was born in 1997 :p

I never collected SW action figures until much later. I remember when I was 11 I'm 2008 tho, my mom surprised me on my birthday by buying a whole ton of TCW action figures and Legacy Collection figures too. There was this two-pack that came with a SW comic featuring Durge and Anakin which was pretty cool.

7. Bad Cane

Bad Cane Jedi Master

Aug 16, 2013
    I started collecting in 1996 when POTF2 was going strong, but my favorite toy was my brother's original Ewok Village. I traded him some basketball cards for it and my collecting over the years mainly focused on Endor. I loved the AT-ST, speeder bikes with Luke, Leia and a Scout Trooper and of course all of the Ewoks.

christophero30 likes this.
  8. christophero30

May 18, 2017
    I had a lot of the OT Kenner figures (well about 20) and most of the original movie and ESB cards. I still have the cards in a shoebox.

bb8isno1 likes this.
  9. sith_rhino

Jul 9, 2007
    I have all the cards in card holders for all three OT movies. I have extras (duplicates) in a shoebox.

christophero30 and bb8isno1 like this.
  10. christophero30

May 18, 2017
    I stuck my stickers all over the SW Storybook.

sith_rhino likes this.
  11. sith_rhino

Jul 9, 2007
    Yeah, I am missing a lot of the stickers, so I probably did something like that too, but I do have all of the cards.

12. christophero30

May 18, 2017
    My favorite were the red cards from A New Hope. I remember they had blue, red, green, and yellow.

sith_rhino likes this.
  13. sith_rhino

Jul 9, 2007
    I liked the red and the blue cards both. For some reason, the red cards were tougher to get for me, so those were the ones it took me longest to complete.

14. Sith Lord 2015

Sith Lord 2015 Jedi Master star 4

Oct 30, 2015
    Does anyone remember those collecting cards they put in cereal boxes? I collected a few, long gone now, and it was kind of fun. I was 12 and they offered those cards in 1978 and 79. Back then that was pretty much the only SW stuff you could find in stores where I lived (Jeddah, Saudi Arabia). A couple of years later (around the time ESB came out) they had action figures in stores as well, though the selection was pretty limited.

15. sith_rhino

Jul 9, 2007
    I have some Star Wars collecting card from around 1978, which I believe came from Wonder Bread. I don't remember ones from the 70's being in cereal boxes, but maybe it was the same cards, but they put them in cereal boxes instead of Wonder bread in Saudi Arabia?

16. christophero30

May 18, 2017
    Yeah I have a ton of the blue and yellow cards, but very few of the red.

sith_rhino likes this.
  17. Sith Lord 2015

Sith Lord 2015 Jedi Master star 4

Oct 30, 2015
    Yes, cereal boxes only, and those must have been imported from the US.

sith_rhino likes this.
  18. sith_rhino

Jul 9, 2007
    Unfortunately, I don't have a scanner, or I'd scan a couple of mine and post them. Well, next time I go near a scanner, maybe I'll bring them.

19. whostheBossk

whostheBossk Force Ghost star 4

Apr 16, 2002
    No scanner needed in 2020, use phone camera and post in the photo link page.
    Anyone have any wild finds, after some toy or toys were lost you later Found? That is still a dream of mine even over 40 years later. I could show up at the old house with a flashlight and magnifying glass. That's what Ebay is for. I did find other people's lost items in the lots I've bought. Rancor Keeper hood, AT-ST gun, Han Solo blaster, Jawa gun, Y-Wing bomb inside battery cover. That helps make up for not being able to pack my toys properly when moving. One of my favorites I may have already mentioned was the Jabba playset.

sith_rhino and bb8isno1 like this.
  20. sith_rhino

Jul 9, 2007
    Oh yeah! Why didn't I think of that? Well, when I remember, I'll take some pictures tonight after work and post them.

No chance of me finding any of my actual old toys such as the Star Wars Pay Sets andc spaceships (though I never lost the action figures nor the carrying cases they were kept in) but I did buy the Cantina Set on ebay some years ago, and both the Troop Transport at a garage sale (what a find!!) and a Dewback at a store that sells old toys and comics.

whostheBossk likes this.
  21. sith_rhino

Jul 9, 2007
    OK, here it is. First picture is my Star Wars cards from Wonder Bread. The second one is my Star Wars cards from Burger King. Both seem to have the exact same pictures as the Topps trading cards, just different text.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

22. Darth Majestic

Darth Majestic Jedi Knight star 2

Jul 18, 2020
    Special ordered "Evil Emperor" action figure with UPC's. They didn't even call him Darth Sidious.

Last edited: Aug 18, 2020
    whostheBossk likes this.
  23. whostheBossk

whostheBossk Force Ghost star 4

Apr 16, 2002
    What about the Imperial Royal Guard? Fantastic figure. The one I never thought my son would play with is the Land of Jawa Sandcrawler. But he'd take that out and drive that old, creased piece of card board along the Jundland waste. We never used the elevator much though and when he did, it snapped in two, ugh. I glue all the parts back together and reuse them with him.
    The Tie fighters against the X-Wings are awesome. Some with sound some with our own sound. Of course the AT-AT is for the enormous battles, usually won by whomever is controlling it. And the Death Star (with lots of glued on brackets) makes an appearance from time to time. Sometimes with a trash compactor scene. Great past memories and still living them today!

Django Fett likes this.
  24. Darthvader1975

Darthvader1975 Jedi Knight star 3

May 2, 2020
    The falcon which I finally got in 1984 after missing out the previous year. Loved it.

Honorable SW mentions go to Slave 1, The imperial royal guard and the Tie Fighter Pilot which I loved.

whostheBossk likes this.
  25. A Corpse of Disapproval

A Corpse of Disapproval Severed Head Admin star 3 Staff Member Manager

Sep 16, 2015
    You know what classic toy doesn't get enough love? The action figure bandolier.

[​IMG]

My favorites were the Death Star playset, AT-AT and the Jawa droid factory.

whostheBossk and T-R- like this.