main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Mini Series Official "The Book of Boba Fett" Discussion Thread (Spoilers Allowed)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Fredrik Vallestrand, Nov 5, 2020.

1. bstnsx704

bstnsx704 Force Ghost star 5

Mar 11, 2013
    Yeah, if this Boba miniseries rumor does wind up having any merit to it, that's what I'm expecting it to be, too. Almost like a sort of "Interlude" between Chapters 16 and 17 of The Mandalorian, elaborating on how Boba got to where he is, before he becomes a bigger player in Din's narrative, so that we don't have to spend lots of time in The Mandalorian proper establishing Boba's post-Return of the Jedi backstory.

Bor Mullet and TCF-1138 like this.
  2. Fredrik Vallestrand

Fredrik Vallestrand Force Ghost star 7

Jan 15, 2018
    I like to see the pilot of him being rescued by Tuskins and an entire episode of him having PSTD of his earlier life with clones and the jedi. Maybe he was soo scarred it took him 5 years to get him back to himself.

3. Daxon101

Daxon101 Force Ghost star 6

Jan 7, 2016
    I am sure Boba has been through worse than the Clone wars era. there is 20 years of the empire era.

Everyone is kinda assuming he is going through some self-doubt moment. but honestly, i can't imagine why Boba would suddenly be crying that he accidentally got knocked into a sarlacc pitt and is now effected by it emotionally.

There was apparently a story in the comics where Boba lost his memory after escaping the sarlacc. its possible they could be going with that. but at the same time its possible that everyone is overthinking.

Last edited: Nov 19, 2020
  4. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    Yea but most of Boba’s streams of revenue are gone. The Hutts are gone and so is the empire.

If Boba wasn’t changed at all babe show him what they did an episode one

5. Lee_

Lee_ Force Ghost star 5

Nov 3, 2012
    Boba got PTSD from falling into the pit, and is therefore still affected by it emotionally.

6. Daxon101

Jan 7, 2016
    Must be the worst thing to ever happen to the guys in 20+ years

7. TCF-1138

TCF-1138 Anthology/Fan Films/NSA Mod & Ewok Enthusiast star 6 Staff Member Manager

Sep 20, 2002
    I can't think of much worse things than being eaten alive. And judging by the amount of scarring on his face, he at least started to get digested before escaping.
    So yeah, it probably was the worst thing to happen to him.

8. Jay Kenobi

Jay Kenobi Jedi Youngling

Nov 19, 2020
    If they insisted on keeping Boba alive I don't know why they didn't just revolve the Mandalorian series around him instead.

I don't really have a problem with Mando, and I think they salvaged a good enough character, but even from the beginning he always just struck me as Not-Fett.

Boba Fett. and Crod1992 like this.
  9. Fredrik Vallestrand

Fredrik Vallestrand Force Ghost star 7

Jan 15, 2018

It's a prequel to the mandalorian!

Bor Mullet and Master Cado Afu like this.
  10. Daxon101

Jan 7, 2016
    Speculation is saying its a moff gideon related prequel.

Last edited: Nov 20, 2020
    Bor Mullet likes this.
  11. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    He is rocking that flat cap like a proper ace.

Bor Mullet likes this.
  12. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    They really do want to make the shows marvel esq

13. Master Cado Afu

Master Cado Afu Jedi Knight star 2

Oct 1, 2020
    Tell what happened during the previous five years in the mini, then season three of The Mandalorian you're back up to date. Sounds like a plan.

Character descriptions:
    We shall see...

14. Krueger

Krueger Chosen One star 5

Aug 9, 2004
    So the UK is in the SW galaxy. Who knew?

MrDarth0 likes this.
  15. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    Always was
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

16. Daxon101

Jan 7, 2016
    I wonder whether they will do an amnesia story for Boba. i wouldn't be shocked

17. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    I wouldn’t be shocked, but that doesn’t mean I would like it

18. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    I’d really like to see Han Solo in this. De-age Harrison Ford for a classic western standoff between the two.

19. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    I would say Harrison wouldn’t do it, but I wouldn’t think he would have done TROS either

20. DurararaFTW

DurararaFTW Jedi Master star 4

Jul 5, 2014
    Carrie Fisher died which limited their options for TROS, I can see Harrison swallow his misgivings about bringing Han back one last time for that, not for this.

21. MillionthVoice

MillionthVoice Jedi Master star 3

Jan 28, 2013
    Why would anyone want to see a show about Boba Fett? There's nothing to sympathise with, the only reason to watch would be if the series follows someone he is hunting, and that someone is interesting.

After Mandalorian he's not the dude in the suit anymore, he's just a dude in a similar suit. Who happened to appear earlier, but whose story was way less interesting.

Darth Chuck Norris likes this.
  22. DurararaFTW

DurararaFTW Jedi Master star 4

Jul 5, 2014
    A travelling bounty hunter really isn't that difficult to write stories about, Dirty Harry or the Man With No Name where the idea of Boba Fett springs from weren't good shows to watch because of their sympathetic personal lives. The Mandalorian COULD have been about a guy doing adventures like that. That lasted for less then 3 episodes.

It might be more difficult to give Boba Fett a big arc, that's why it's a miniseries, not a full fledged show.

Riv_Shiel likes this.
  23. MillionthVoice

MillionthVoice Jedi Master star 3

Jan 28, 2013
    Or it's "Dances With Banthas"...

Billy_Dee_Binks likes this.
  24. Daxon101

Jan 7, 2016
    to be fair there are times where it feels like you could reduce The Mandalorian of 2 episodes less and the flow would work just as well.

In a way the mandalorian is still doing bounty hunter stuff. He is just doing it for a different purpose. Hey bounty hunter we need you to kill a giant sand dragon and we will give you something in return.

25. Bor Mullet

Bor Mullet Force Ghost star 8

Apr 6, 2018
    Not to mention that Din Djarin is no longer a bounty hunter.

CrazyOldJedi likes this.