main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga Got a question? Ask it here

Discussion in 'Star Wars Saga In-Depth' started by Kabers, Nov 25, 2013.

Tags:
  1. BlackRanger

BlackRanger Jedi Master star 4

Apr 14, 2018
    edit: oops, double post

Last edited: Dec 24, 2020
  2. FiveFireRings

FiveFireRings Jedi Master star 4

Nov 26, 2017
    I've always assumed that they're just some vaguely humanoid creatures, depicted as exactly human for the audience's relatability convenience.

3. Bazinga'd

Bazinga'd Saga / WNU Manager - Knights of LAJ star 7 Staff Member Manager

Nov 1, 2012
    Is the original question asking whether there is a Adam-Eve / Darwinism theory to explain the "arrival" of humans to the Star Wars galaxy?

4. Sarge

Sarge Chosen One star 10

Oct 4, 1998
    I find this forum's lack of banner disturbing. :vader:

Sith Lord 2015 and Bazinga'd like this.
  5. Bazinga'd

Nov 1, 2012
    Well I think the lack of discussion on C-130s is also disturbing, so there. :D

Sarge likes this.
  6. Sarge

Sarge Chosen One star 10

Oct 4, 1998
    You really don't want me to fix that problem.

Sith Lord 2015 likes this.
  7. Bazinga'd

Nov 1, 2012
    Do you have the "Dash-1" memorized?

Sarge likes this.
  8. TofuJedi

TofuJedi Jedi Padawan star 1

Nov 30, 2020
    Does George Lucas regard The Clone Wars as canon?

9. Alexrd

Alexrd Chosen One star 6

Jul 7, 2009
    Yes, at least while he was involved. He was the one who created it.

10. Seeker Of The Whills

Seeker Of The Whills Jedi Master star 4

Jan 20, 2015
    Wasn't it one tier under the movies? He never considered it AS canon as the movies.

11. Alexrd

Alexrd Chosen One star 6

Jul 7, 2009
    Lucas had no canon tiers. Lucasfilm Licensing did.

12. Bazinga'd

Nov 1, 2012
    How is that not one in the same?

Sith Lord 2015 likes this.
  13. Alexrd

Alexrd Chosen One star 6

Jul 7, 2009
    Because George Lucas is not the Licensing department of Lucasfilm.

14. Bazinga'd

Nov 1, 2012
    Before the sale to Disney, Lucas was Lucasfilm.

15. Alexrd

Alexrd Chosen One star 6

Jul 7, 2009
    He was the chairman of Lucasfilm, he wasn't involved with ins and outs of the many departments of the company, specially the canon tiers created by the Licensing department (not George Lucas) for its own cataloging purposes.

Lucas has made it clear many times in the past that his world and the licensing world were separate.

16. Lulu Mars

Lulu Mars Chosen One star 5

Mar 10, 2005
    He did after a while. I can't find a quote now, but I know he said at one point that he no longer separated the two. TCW was as much a part of the story to him as the movies.

17. TCF-1138

TCF-1138 Anthology/Fan Films/NSA Mod & Ewok Enthusiast star 6 Staff Member Manager

Sep 20, 2002
    Lucas once said that TCW and the movies were "exactly the same" in his mind.

Count Yubnub and Lulu Mars like this.
  18. Alexrd

Alexrd Chosen One star 6

Jul 7, 2009
    The only distinction he made (and he did it more than once) was between stories that he was in charge of and the stories that he wasn't (aka Licensing), which he considered to be a parallel universe. He was in charge of TCW and Underworld, so he didn't make a distinction between those shows and the movies.

bstnsx704, Lulu Mars and TCF-1138 like this.
  19. CakeR

CakeR Jedi Padawan

Aug 10, 2020
    I would also add that he did have some involvement in a few EU things but they were always in the form of him approving of a story being made, not him coming up with the story itself. For example before the comic Tales of the Jedi nobody was allowed to explore the pre-Empire history of the galaxy. But Kevin J. Anderson and Tom Veitch were interested in tackling the ancient battles between the Jedi and Sith so they had some of discussions with Lucas where they laid out the story they had in mind. Lucas liked their ideas so he allowed them to make the first piece of Old Republic material. Keep in mind this doesn't necessarily mean Lucas sees Tales of the Jedi as canon in his mind, but it can be used as a compass to see the types of things Lucas would approve of if you ever wanted to make an ancient SW thing that lines up well with his universe.

20. Alexrd

Alexrd Chosen One star 6

Jul 7, 2009
    The handful of instances where he had some "involvement" (if we can even call it that) with licensed works was usually in the form of yes/no questions. That's what actually happened with Tales of the Jedi. There were not some in-depth discussions about the story and characters.

A great example of the lack of involvement, and even 1 on 1 conversations, is the existence of a Sith species. When asked about the Sith, George said that they were "a people". The licensing department interpreted that as "a race of people" and went with that. To George, there was never a Jedi vs Sith war either, but we know what the licensing department decided to do.

George was famously hands-off with that stuff, but in any case, he always saw it separate from his works anyway. It was a different universe/reality.

21. StoneRiver

StoneRiver Force Ghost star 4

Oct 6, 2004
    Not sure where to ask this as it kinda involves both TV and film, but here goes...

If Luke saved Grogu, does that mean Kylo slaughtered Grogu when he destroyed Luke's fledgling Jedi order?

Jedi Knight Fett likes this.
  22. Bazinga'd

Nov 1, 2012
    There is plenty of discussion of this topic on several forums, but the short answer is we dont know. Grogu's story could go multiple way after Luke rescued him.

23. chained_vulptex

chained_vulptex Jedi Padawan star 1

May 12, 2020
    Maybe this was already adressed in the movies, but I may have forgotten it - so I'm gonna ask here. Did we know what Kylo's plan or idea was about Snoke only using him for his powers? Han mentioned it to Kylo before he killed him, that Snoke was only using him for his powers.
    Kylo didn't deny it when Han told him that Snoke would crush him when he had gotten what he wanted, which makes me believe that either Kylo sort of always knew, but was in denial, or that he was groomed by Snoke to assume anything Han (and anyone else) said to be a lie.

Mostly I am leaning to that Kylo deep down knew Snoke would crush him when he was finished with him (especially when seeing his reaction to Han saying it out loud), but I'm curious - had Kylo always known (and if so, was this ever brought up in any pre-TFA stuff like books or anything?) - or was it adressed in the two later movies.

It's been prob a year or so since I last saw them. I mean, apart from the obvious downfall of Snoke, did Kylo ever do or say anything about what he was going to do when the inescapable happened - that Snoke would turn on him once he got what he wanted? Or did Kylo just think that it would be too far into the future, he would have come up with a plan by then. (sort of like the rule of two and all that, if Kylo and Snoke were sith that is...)

I'm trying to dwelve a bit into how characters in fiction are groomed/indoctrinated and I find it interesting that Kylo was either so groomed or so fearful (or both) of Snoke, in that he would say "The supreme leader is wise" to Han, when he probably knew, or had a feeling that as soon as Snoke had gotten what he wanted from Kylo, he would be discarded.
    Or did he actually believe this? I've assumed so. Did Snoke have him believe something else?

If you compare Snoke to a cult leader or something similar, where they sort of hand feed their own members until they're indoctrinated to do anything, wouldn't the groomed individuals usually believe that their cult leader would never let them down etc? Atleast that was my understanding at some point.

Sorry for the rambling, haha.

24. Ghost

Ghost Chosen One star 8

Oct 13, 2003
    Whichever mods are most active here... could we decrease the number of stickied threads to just 2 or 3? Or even 1? Sometimes I click on this and see no one has posted in a while... and forget I have to scroll down a way to actually see past the stickied threads. It's just a lot, especially for a forum not getting a lot of action lately. A lot of them could just be included in one master index thread if thought important.

25. chained_vulptex

chained_vulptex Jedi Padawan star 1

May 12, 2020
    Does anyone know what that move Darth Maul does when he does that sort of half spin/propel thing at the start of the fight with Qui Gon and Obi Wan, is called? It's hard to describe, but it's a very distinct sort of move. I feel I've seen Jet Li do a variation of it in some movies? In fact I feel I've seen figure skaters do a form of it, but I've never known what it's called.