main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Discussions Unpopular Expanded Universe Opinions

Discussion in 'EU Community' started by Irredeemable Fanboy, Jan 20, 2021.

1. Irredeemable Fanboy

Irredeemable Fanboy Jedi Master star 4

Mar 27, 2020
    I like to think that over time it evolved into basically a new GA but this time including what was previously the Empire and the Chiss space, perhaps a bit more authoritarian than the original GA, but with a similar system, with perhaps a congress of previously Imperial, previously GA, and Jedi delegates, with 3 people acting as chief of state (with the triunvirate of Stazi, K'kruhk and Sia being the model later rulers took) either that or they separate the galaxy in two equal states that are tied together by allegiance to the Jedi, but they don't stay as the Triunvirate because of how uneven the power dynamics are between Sia and the other two, perhaps Sia sees this and decides to limit her own supremacy in fear of becoming like her father.

I 100% agree with this, i even headcanon this as there is nothing to suggest Sia's claim that the Sith are gone for good is true, and we don't see Nihl, Talon or Maladi in the Sith mob.

The One Sith are still out there, now without the useless members, more deadly than ever, preparing to strike again...

Also, @Darth Invictus i would make the final, FINAL confrontation between Jedi and Sith a cosmic endeavor, of one last Dark Lord, attempting to submit the Will of the Force completely, become it himself, and the Jedi trying to stop him, basically the Jedi and Sith fighting for control over the Force itself, with the final Sith Lord ending up stripped of the Force forever, and not being able to live with that reality.

Last edited: May 2, 2022
    Foreign32567 and AusStig like this.
  2. Darth Invictus

Darth Invictus Jedi Grand Master star 5

Aug 8, 2016
    I would see the Jedi Sith conflict ending in three ways.

1. actual galactic destruction. End of Star Wars setting
    2. peace-the Sith after all are descendants of the Jedi. An exiled family member. A sort of reconciliation is achieved.
    3. Apotheosis-the Jedi and Sith dance ends when they achieve a sort of oneness with the force, both orders cease to be. The galaxy is transformed.

The common thread is the end of Star Wars basically as a narrative in which things happen-either the galaxy is destroyed, stabilized, or made into something else-due to the celestial power of the ascended force using sects.

In short, the Jedi Sith conflict should have an apocalyptic ending, where life as the denizens of the galaxy know it is changed forever in some way.

I argue this because to me the central conflict of Star Wars is the Jedi Sith dance. Having it end with the Sith victorious or the Jedi killing the last one is not a proper ending.

Last edited: May 2, 2022
  3. The Emotional Jedi

The Emotional Jedi Jedi Knight star 3

May 18, 2021
    In my head, the Sith/Jedi conflict ended on the Second Death Star at the hands of Anakin Skywalker, the one who had been prophesied to end this conflict forever. The Sith are extinct and will never return. However, I admit that I'd like to completely rewrite the whole post-Young Jedi Knights timeline by introducing a new Force order. Probably an interesting idea would be the creation of an Order similar to the Revanites, but with Anakin Skywalker as the messianic figure in place of Revan. This Order, the Anakites, may have misinterpreted Anakin’s actions, thinking that with his redemption he found the perfect balance between the Light Side and the Dark Side, when actually Anakin simply came back to the Light. Initially the conflict with the Jedi could be a peaceful and ideological conflict, but then because of the radicalism of the Anakites it could turn into a violent conflict... And the story would repeat again, but with a new Force order as the enemy of the Jedi.

Last edited: May 3, 2022
    Irredeemable Fanboy likes this.
  4. Irredeemable Fanboy

Mar 27, 2020
    That's interesting, and makes sense, that the final fight between Jedi and Sith would facilitate the end of Star Wars Legends as a whole, though i think that if one side completely defeats the other and eternal peace ensues (because of the narrative weight of the Sith being finally defeated making future conflicts pointless), that also changes the galaxy forever, but not in a fundamental level as the options you listed.

Still, i think that i prefer a more triumphant ending for the Jedi, given that, after all, they were the protagonists we followed across millenia and generations of the Sunrider, Shan, and Skywalker families.

I like this idea, a cult following the idea of Anakin as misrepresented as the Order of Revan from SWTOR was to the real Revan (though in Revan's case some writers seem to buy into that, so maybe the idea of an Anakin cult would end up "influencing" the writers' minds as well lol).

Last edited: May 3, 2022
  5. I would loved to see the cancelled Darth Maul game since it would have been the first attempt to connect TCW with the multimedia project

Last edited by a moderator: May 20, 2022
  6. RogueWhistler

RogueWhistler Jedi Knight star 3

Aug 9, 2021
    I had thought the Darth Maul game was part of Lucas' weird Maul/Talon concept, how was it going to link up with the Clone Wars MMP?

7. Gharlane

Gharlane Jedi Grand Master star 3

Dec 30, 2000
    He was clearly pushing his idea of Maul-Talon running the Shadow Collective from TCW for both the video game and the sequels.

https://www.gameinformer.com/b/feat...he-darth-maul-game-that-never-came-to-be.aspx
    Note how it's a similar idea to the interview in the Star Wars Archive 1999-2005:
    I think it dovetails into his interests post-prequels into the seedier side of the GFFA with stuff like Underworld show and the 1313 game and concepts like the Pykes (and the Crymorah) that apparently came from the Underworld show.

Last edited: May 22, 2022
  8. Maul would have faced Darth Krayt aka A'Sharad Hett a original Multimedia Project character and the game would be connected with TCW Savage Opress was going to appear too

Last edited by a moderator: May 23, 2022
  9. adve

adve Jedi Master star 3

Nov 23, 2016
    I don't know if it's unpopular but it doesn't get as much hate as a lot of others: Fate of the Jedi and the entire Mortis arc are nonsensical garbage.

10. The Emotional Jedi

May 18, 2021
    Amen

11. The Emotional Jedi

May 18, 2021
    The post-Endor Era has too novels and too few comics. The NJO should have been a comic series.

CampOfSorgan likes this.
  12. adve

adve Jedi Master star 3

Nov 23, 2016
    @The Emotional Jedi Agreed, but you're in luck. There's a comic series called Invasion that's borderline impossible to get a print copy of, but it's pretty easy to find a PDF of online. It's not exactly a comic adaptation of the NJO, but it's set in that time frame and tells the story of a planet that gets attacked by the vong in the early days of the war.

13. AusStig

AusStig Force Ghost star 5

Feb 3, 2010
    Try "Invasion". It has some good art and story, short too.

CampOfSorgan likes this.
  14. RogueWhistler

Aug 9, 2021
    The contradictions created by The Clone Wars are overblown, and not anything out of the ordinary for the EU.

Of all the eras of Sith history that could have been developed further, the line between Bane and Plagueis would probably be the least interesting.

15. WriterMan

WriterMan Jedi Master star 4

Nov 26, 2012
    I'm deeply concerned about the KOTOR remake after playing the Switch port for KOTOR 2.

16. AusStig

Feb 3, 2010
    Because of the bugs?

Building a game is differnet from porting one, also patched happen. No triple aaa game releases finishes.

17. WriterMan

WriterMan Jedi Master star 4

Nov 26, 2012
    I still don't like it. To me it signals they may not be suitable for creating console games. Their original port of KOTOR 2 to Mac with achievements was great--in fact it may be the best vanilla version of KOTOR 2 out there. But the Switch port has adjusted my expectations of the upcoming remake, whether or not that's reasonable.

AusStig likes this.
  18. I think Ventress it is assumed to be a Rattataki in Legends and not a Nightsister but TCW came and make her a Nightsister in Legends that is why and for many more reasons that for me TCW is not part of the Legends universe i think fits better with her being Rattataki in Legends and she never turn to the light in the Multimedia Project TCW and MMP should be both different universes

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 2, 2022
  19. RogueWhistler

Aug 9, 2021
    I wouldn't say Ventress turns to the light in TCW. She just turns away from the dark, as she did in Obsession.

20. Mira Grau

Mira Grau Force Ghost star 5

May 11, 2016
    She turns to the light in Dark Disciple which is realted to the TCW series.

RogueWhistler likes this.
  21. RogueWhistler

Aug 9, 2021
    That makes sense, I've never read it. Unlike TCW itself, though, the book's not part of the old continuity, even though the story could have been if the show had run longer.

22. Biel Ductavis

Biel Ductavis Jedi Master star 4

Aug 17, 2015
    I remember that she originally turned to the light, before the release of TCW, in Legends as well. Was in a Dark Horse comic set before ROTS. Alas i forgot the the title. Was either a 4 or 6 part mini series.

Remember Durge played a big part in this.

Last edited: Jul 4, 2022
  23. Iron_lord

Iron_lord Chosen One star 10

Sep 2, 2012
    Sounds like Obsession. Her "turn to the light" wasn't very far though - not much in the way of repentance or seeking to atone for her wrongs by doing good.

AusStig and Darth Caliban like this.
  24. AusStig

Feb 3, 2010
    We don't know what she did after she left (also did she take Alpha with her?).

Darth Caliban likes this.
  25. Irredeemable Fanboy

Mar 27, 2020
    I like to believe Legends Ventress lived a normal, isolated life from there on... Until one day she was visited by Vader.

I say this because from a writing perspective it's obvious that Obsession was meant as a way to write her off before Revenge of the Sith begins.

AusStig likes this.