main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lit Share your headcanons!

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Gruntz, Aug 6, 2018.

1. Charlemagne19

Charlemagne19 Chosen One star 8

Jul 30, 2000
    Palpatine really did hope Maul would benefit from learning to hate him. Maul understood that his master wanted him to hate him and channel that hate into destroying him.

However, Maul had experienced the love of his brother in that time and realized from Savage's death how UTTERLY INSANE the Banite Sith philosophy was.

Which is why he tried to stay away from Palpatine ever since.

Vader, himself, also found the whole, "teaching someone to murder you" thing to be ridiculous.

2. Dream-Thinker

Dream-Thinker Jedi Master star 4

May 20, 2020
    Obi-Wan's brother is a nobody living his best life on Stewjon, utterly unconnected to anything of importance.

3. VaderBoyee

VaderBoyee Jedi Padawan star 1

Oct 9, 2021
    I accept these old fan films as Canon:
    • Duality
    • Contract of Evil
    • Seeds of Darkness
    • Knightquest
    • Revelations
    • Rogue
    • Broken Allegiance
    I'm currently doing a project to restore them.

K2771991 likes this.
  4. Charlemagne19

Jul 30, 2000
    Alternative:

During his short time on Coruscant, Qui Gon Jinn contacted his old scavenger friend Clegg Lars and gave him the money to go to buy Shmi's freedom because--obviously--that was the sensible thing to do and honorable thing to do. Clegg traveled to Tatooine, bought Shmi's freedom and used the remainder of the money (Clegg saw no reason to not haggle with Watto) to buy a moisture farm.

Notably, Clegg WAS Obi-Wan Kenobi's father but neither he nor Owen Lars ever knew this fact while the other was alive.

ColeFardreamer and QuinlanSolo like this.
  5. Alpha-Red

Alpha-Red Chosen One star 7

Apr 25, 2004
    Sometime before the Yuuzhan Vong war, Boba Fett loads up the Slave IV with proton bombs, returns to Tatooine, and blows up the sarlacc...partly as revenge, and also because the experience of being eaten by it makes him realize that no civilized world should keep such giant man-eating monsters around.

QuinlanSolo and Charlemagne19 like this.
  6. ColeFardreamer

ColeFardreamer Force Ghost star 5

Nov 24, 2013
    This!

Kinda ties into my headcanon that Cliegg Lars lived on Stewjon before moving to Tatooine. Maybe he had worked in the past with Dexter Jetster and that is how Qui Gon came to know him?

VaderBoyee and Alpha-Red like this.
  7. darklordoftech

darklordoftech Force Ghost star 6

Sep 30, 2012
    Many believed that Darth Vader was a Sith Pureblood. Vader encouraged this belief.

Alpha-Red, K2771991 and VaderBoyee like this.
  8. Charlemagne19

Jul 30, 2000
    I enjoy my headcanon that the Sith Purebloods became the Zeltrons.

They embraced a hedonistic sex positive interpretation of the Sith Code and became harmless.

9. K2771991

K2771991 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 21, 2019
    Eh. Fair.

I still don’t think it works at the date @Sinrebirth suggested, though, because A) why would a Sith cultist/ruler from the Tapani sector be operating on a planet on the other end of the galaxy and B) the way the Great Scourge of Malachor is presented in the lore it seems to have been a major battle during a time of crushing defeat for the Sith – the Sith *did* lose the Great Sith War, but the implied totality and the location of Malachor would indicate to me that it’s more likely either the Great Hyperspace War, the end of the circa 1030 BBY war or some unknown conflict where the reconstructed Sith Empire was defeated.

It's implied Snoke had other apprentices before Kylo;)

I'm curious, but how do you see this squaring with TCW; perhaps I misunderstood Children of the Jedi but I assumed the "army of Sith spies" Palpatine had intended to forge the kidnapped infants into was what evolved into the Inquistorius (plus Dooku talks about turning the Jedi survivors into a "Sith army" in the novelization of ROTS and, while Palpatine was definantly stringing up along, I always assumed he was being partially truthful given the later establishment of the Inquistors).

I have kinda worked some of the Sequal trilogy ships into canon myself;
    • The MC85 Star Cruiser = is how I now imagine the Mediator-class looking.
    • The Resurgent-class = a new class of battlecruiser produced by at Entralla by KDY for the Empire during it's period of resurgence (no pun intended) following the Yuuzhan Vong War.
    • Mandator IVs = produced by Kuat Drive Yards for the Galactic Alliance during the latter stages of the Yuuzhan Vong War for the purposes of assualting and retaking planets. Only a few were produced and most ended up in the hands of the Imperial Remnant (ultimatly stripped of their siege cannons due to treaties restricting such weapons)
    • The TIE/fo = the TIE/sps (TIE Space Superiority), a post-civil war TIE fighter design produced as the Remnant's new mainline fighter and incorporating shields and a short-range hyperdrive.
    • The RZ-2 A-wing = the successor model to the RZ-1 (itself eventually suceeded by the Eta-5)
    • The BTA-NR2 Y-wing = the modernized sucessor to the older-model Y-wings used by the Alliance, produced during the New Republic Era (presumably classified as the BTL-5 to keep with the Legends classifications)
    • T-70 X-wing = the T-65XJ1; the inital model of XJ fighter, introduced during the late stages of the Galactic Civil War and never produced in larger numbers.
    • Upsilon-class Shuttle = the sucessor to the Svelte-class Shuttle.
    • Xi-class Light Shuttle = a more common "utility" shuttlecraft.
    • Free Virgillia-class Bunkerbusters = warships build by CEC for the Virgillian Free Aligment.
    • Nebulon-C = the "true" sucessor to the Nebulon-B (relative to the B2, which would just be a variant of the standard Neb-C), largly used by planatery militeries and smaller powers like the CSA - and consequently fielded in great numbers by the Confederation - due to the New Republic choosing the Corona-class to replace the Nebulon-C in it's role.

For a long while I've gone the other way; Aki was Obi-Wan's mother and Cliegg his step-father - Obi-Wan was concieved out of wedlock and Aki was young when he was born and, unable to provide for him and lacking a stable support network, gave him over to the Jedi. Sometime later she met Cliegg, married him and had Owen.

The third episode of Kenobi is, obviusly, cuasing me to re-asses that; not only is it unclear if the brother is older or younger, but the (or at least *a*) father is clearly present in Obi-Wan's memories so if I want to retain the headcanon that Owen is his brother but Cliegg is'nt his father then Aki kept him long enough for her to meet him, marry him and have Owen.

Slaanesh wants me to tell you that's not how that works:p

Last edited: Jun 8, 2022
    Alpha-Red likes this.
  10. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    The reason I suggested this is that the Cleansing of the Nine Houses happens post-GSW.

Being as Darth Sion and the Sith Brotherhood withdrew to the Stygian Caldera, it follows that the surviving Krath and Mecrosa did too. The Republic not following the Second Sith Empire into the former Sith territory is a bit amusing, being as there were decades for the Restoration. But a final charge to Malachor, crippling the Sith and making the Jedi believe the war is done works well as a finale of the Great Sith War.

I'm thinking aloud here but it follows as the Jedi Order dealt with Exar Kun (and Ulic), and pursued the Brotherhood.

11. Ramza

Ramza Administrator Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 13, 2008
    Obi-Wan’s brother is named Brobi-Wan Kenobi, and it’s an astonishing coincidence rather than intentional.

Last edited: Jun 9, 2022
  12. RogueWhistler

RogueWhistler Jedi Knight star 3

Aug 9, 2021
    Ulic Qel-Droma was the main military aggressor of the Great Sith War, while Exar Kun took a hands-off or even oppositional position in much of that part of the conflict. However, increasing public sympathy for Ulic in the years after his death minimized his role in the war until by the time of the Jedi Civil War it was often called the Exar Kun War.

Ulic was never a Dark Lord of the Sith, but was speculated to have been such by historians more familiar with Banite traditions.

13. Charlemagne19

Jul 30, 2000
    I think Dooku was never intended to be a true Sith apprentice. Dooku was merely someone that Palpatine corrupted as a way to carry out his Clone Wars plan while waiting for Anakin to become an adult. So, Palpatine fed Dooku an exceptionally large amount of nerfshavit. There was never any plan to create a Sith Army and make the Republic into a more functional government.

Palpatine's Empire was meant to be purely an expression of his malevolence.

Ackbar's Fishsticks likes this.
  14. Vialco

Vialco Force Ghost star 5

Mar 6, 2007
    Rey’s Force-Projection talent is actually just the Aura of Freedom technique originally developed by the Aing-Tii Monks of the Kathol Rift. More commonly known as fold space.

Last edited: Jun 9, 2022
    QuinlanSolo likes this.
  15. tahnah

tahnah Jedi Youngling

May 24, 2022
    The reason we don't see Ben Solo's force ghost is that he gave his life force to Rey when he brought her back. His life force is now bonded to hers and we won't see his force ghost until Rey passes into the force, releasing them both.

Another force ghost headcannon:

Force ghosts can't speak to those that are on the dark side. One time you hear Qui-Gon try to reach Anakin as he starts to take his despair out on the Tuskan Raiders in AoTC. That's the last time Anakin hears from Qui-Gon. Kylo/Ben can't hear them (and I find it hard to believe that Anakin wouldn't have tried) because of Snoke's influence and warping of his mind. And Rey can't hear them when she's seeking them because of the dyad and Ben's being tied to the dark side.

I will concede that Obi-Wan does speak to Rey when she first picks up the legacy lightsaber, but they're force ghosts - I'm sure there's exceptions. Still, she only sees Luke (who, granted, appeared to help her out of her own darkness and fear) and hears everyone else, *after* Kylo/Ben returns to the light.

Vialco and K2771991 like this.
  16. ColeFardreamer

ColeFardreamer Force Ghost star 5

Nov 24, 2013
    I headcanon that Grogu after leaving Luke's Jedi training (just like Luke left Yoda's in TESB) will return to him years later just like Luke did to Yoda. Maybe even during the ST right before Luke is about to die in TLJ, able to give him a last message only?

Yoda seemingly burning the Jedi library tree signified how the old dogma is gone and new Jedi need to learn new ways, more instinctive, more communing with the Force rather than textbooks and trained scenarios or powers. In fact, more like Rey approached the Force. She got the books as support still, but found her own way beforehand.

Others like Ahsoka, Ezra, the kid from Force Collector, etc. all have their own way with the Force and together with Rey and others can found a new Jedi Order or not. But so far they are Wayfinders more following the Force where it takes them rather than Dogma. Something already almost lost to the Jedi since the High Republic with few exceptions like Qui Gon Jinn or Djinn Altis.

K2771991 and QuinlanSolo like this.
  17. Havoc123

Havoc123 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 26, 2013
    Knights of Ren exist in Legends, or at least some variation of them. Their origin is the same, some marauding group from the Unknown Regions, and many incarnations came up that take up their name as a way to incite fear. Maybe there's no Ren Ren during the First Galactic Civil War, but they become a threat post-Crucible, or even post-Legacy, with various similarly named bandit groups having been present during the Old Republic. So, same origins as Nu-Canon KoR, just no Kylo and no Ren Ren.

On that note, Snoke probably also exists in Legends as a failed contingency that Palpatine mostly had destroyed in favor of his cloning project bearing more fruit, and success as with Operation Shadowhand. Snoke was discarded, and could be a potential minor villain, again, for a post-Crucible story arc. Possibly something involving Zahn's idea of a Thrawn clone working with Ben Skywalker to defeat some bad guy.

K2771991 likes this.
  18. Charlemagne19

Jul 30, 2000
    I took Yoda as pranking Luke as Rey already had the original Jedi texts.

19. Darth Corydon

Darth Corydon Jedi Master star 4

Aug 4, 2018
    yep lets not make Kenobi and the lars related and shrink the universe

20. K2771991

K2771991 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 21, 2019
    I always put the Cleansing as during the latter stages of the war, and imagined it as just anouther "micro conflict" within it (like the Krath Crusade and Mandalorian incurisons).

I suppose Palpatine's "all because they wanted to be free" line could apply to Exar Kun's Sith, but IMO the finality of the battle makes me lean more towards 5000 BBY, 1030 BBY or sometime after TOR when/if that Sith Empire finally collopses; plus the Sith getting hounded and hunted within the bounds of their ancient territory fits pretty well with the Republic's campaign agianst them post-GHW.

As for the Mecrosa, I always assumed they stayed in the Tapani sector but went underground within the territory of House Mecetti.

I mean, is'nt this actually the case; most of the Sith Brotherhood's military strength came from the Krath and the Mandalorians and both of those were under Ulic's control.

Exar was the guy the Sith as a whole were loyal to and the one giving the Order, but Ulic was clearly the guy with the army.

The what are the Inquistors and what was with all those Force-sensative kids Palpatine was abducting in order to train as Dark Side agents?

Like, in terms of manpower we're not talking about a literal army, but the Inquistion is pretty spot on to what Dooku's monologue says the plan was in the ROTS novelization; a Force of Dark Siders formed out of the remnants of the Jedi Order in order to serve as instrements of the Sith's will, with the big difference being Dooku seemed to think the *whole* order would be turned and that he would be the Vader figure and Anakin would occupy the place of the Grand Inquistor.

Ben talks to her in the novelization of TROS, IIRC. But that does'nt necesserly conflict with the idea that his life force is now tied to hers.

Though it does create a rather amusing image of Rey spending the rest of her life wandering around like V in Cyberpunk, talking to a dark haired, brooding edgelord whose only present in inside the brain the both share[face_laugh]

Technically the movie novelization for ROTJ already says they're brothers; making them brothers would just be reconciling what has, since ATOC, been a major discrepency - a retcon of a retcon, essentially.

I don't think Ren's existence would contridict anything; it's not like the guy was a notable threat and it's perfectly plusable to me that he could have been running around in the same timeframe as he was in canon doing the same "Dark Side Space Biker" thing.

[​IMG]
    ;)

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 11, 2022
    RogueWhistler and Golbolco like this.
  21. Darth Corydon

Darth Corydon Jedi Master star 4

Aug 4, 2018
    rather not retcon that retcon lol

K2771991 likes this.
  22. Charlemagne19

Jul 30, 2000
    I admit I have the view the Inquisition was never meant to be a permanent part of the Empire but Palpatine merely making them a useful tool to eliminate the remains of the Jedi. Palpatine apparently intended to revive the Sith Empire given all his cultists on Exogol but I think the Inquisition was more a stop gap measure.

K2771991 likes this.
  23. RogueWhistler

RogueWhistler Jedi Knight star 3

Aug 9, 2021
    Definitely, the "headcanon" is more about rationalising why it'd be called the Exar Kun War when Exar Kun did so little of the warring.

I find the idea of "Exar Kun's Sith Empire" strange for that reason. There's Exar's handful of followers and slaves, and the forces personally loyal to Ulic, but "empire" seems like a bit of an overstatement.

K2771991 likes this.
  24. Palpatine disliked Vitiate and when in his speech he said the First Galactic Empire it was a way to discredit the Sith Empire and when he told Anakin once more the Sith will rule the galaxy that means that Vitiate truly existed in the Legends continuity

25. darklordoftech

darklordoftech Force Ghost star 6

Sep 30, 2012
    TOTJ only uses “Sith Empire” to refer to the Ragnos/Sadow Empire, never to refer to Kun’s faction. JAT doesn’t use the phrase “Sith Empire” either. I think it was KOTOR where Kun’s faction was first referred to as a “Sith Empire”.