main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE
  2. ATTENTION: All leaks and rumors MUST be spoiler tagged. Information from official sources or the big trades do NOT need to be tagged

Ahsoka Anakin Skywalker (spoilers)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Current and Future Shows' started by Jedi Knight Fett, Oct 22, 2021.

1. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    I do think he’ll appear later this season as a force ghost and almost certainly again in the Ahsoka movie.

SateleNovelist11 likes this.
  2. SateleNovelist11

SateleNovelist11 Force Ghost star 6

Jan 10, 2015
    I’m sure he will. Hayden showed that he likes acting and he’s good at it.

Sometimes, the Force is morally ambiguous (a la the cave on Dagobah), and that’s what Anakin was here. He was testing Ahsoka, and she passed the test. There are times that the Force does odd things like that. As such, this was a great episode in my view.

It’s fitting because Ahsoka is a Grey Jedi. I don’t like her being called a Force-sensitive outcast. I prefer to look on her as a Grey Jedi in the mold of Qui-Gon and Jolee Bindo. If anything, Anakin realizes that it would have been better for him, emotionally and otherwise, if he had been a Grey Jedi. But this isn’t only applicable to him. We could say the same for Windu, Yoda, and others.

Last edited: Sep 13, 2023
    Darth Caliban likes this.
  3. The Chalk Jedi

The Chalk Jedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 8, 2019
    If you want to know if Anakin will or will not appear again, all you must do is give into the power of the spoilers.

EDIT: I want to see Anakin in a Clone Wars live action show taking cool villains down.

Last edited: Sep 13, 2023
    SateleNovelist11 likes this.
  4. SateleNovelist11

SateleNovelist11 Force Ghost star 6

Jan 10, 2015
    Yes. That would be something to see.

Gotta appreciate both Matt and Hayden for their interpretations of Anakin.

The Chalk Jedi likes this.
  5. Glitterstimm

Glitterstimm Force Ghost star 6

Dec 30, 2017
  6. Lulu Mars

Lulu Mars Chosen One star 5

Mar 10, 2005
    ?
    What did I miss?

7. Seeker Of The Whills

Seeker Of The Whills Jedi Master star 4

Jan 20, 2015
    I really want a live action Clone Wars show or movie with Hayden and Ewan, now that they are both properly back in the fold. Have Lucas direct and/or write it, and I would be one happy camper. Imagine if they did the unfinished TCW arcs in live action. The Utapau arc would be incredible with Hayden and Ewan.

Last edited: Sep 14, 2023
  8. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    That Dave Filoni movie. The one everyone assumes will be heir to the empire. (I still don’t think it will be called heir to the empire)

9. Daxon101

Daxon101 Force Ghost star 6

Jan 7, 2016
    It’s abit confusing as to why they did not de-age him more for Kenobi. Maybe it was a time and money thing, maybe they were being purists to altering Hayden’s face too much. The technology was there to do so.

perhaps the de-aging worked better in darker lighting? Who knows.

10. Daxon101

Jan 7, 2016
  11. ewoksimon

ewoksimon Chosen One star 5

Oct 26, 2009
    As much as I loved what Hayden brought to the table, I would be completely fine if this was his final performance in Star Wars. His performance in Obi-Wan Kenobi gave us the glue between the emotionally raw aftermath of Revenge of the Sith and the knowing formality of A New Hope.

In Ahsoka, there was something really unifying about his specific utilization, a final reconciliation of the last remaining meaningful relationship in Anakin's life.

12. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    I am still sure he’ll appear as a force ghost in both this show and the Dave Filoni movie. If he talks I don’t know

Sky_alma likes this.
  13. Daxon101

Jan 7, 2016
    Him being a force ghost in the Filoni movie depends on several factors. And even then it might just end up one of those not important enough things.

14. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    I don’t think it will be a big role but I am pretty sure it will happen

15. Grizzlor

Grizzlor Jedi Master star 1

Mar 14, 2015
    Look, let's just drop the pretext here, and admit Anakin Skywalker is Star Wars' version of this guy:

[​IMG]

16. Django Fett

Django Fett Force Ghost star 5

Nov 7, 2012
    I want to see Anakin fight an ancient Sith Lord in the WBW in a lightsaber duel.

17. Thrawn082

Thrawn082 Force Ghost star 6

Jan 11, 2014
    This episode made me wish even more that we had gotten to see FG Anakin in the ST.

18. Sky_alma

Sky_alma Jedi Master star 3

Jun 27, 2022
    Yes please

Seeker Of The Whills likes this.
  19. Daxon101

Jan 7, 2016
    Sadly that is never happening. This might be the closest we will ever get to see of that.

20. The Chalk Jedi

Nov 8, 2019
    So I've been pondering whether I think this is really the WBW and the real Anakin, and I've come to agree that yes, this is in fact what we're seeing in Episode 5.

While I think the scene can be validly read in more than one way, to me it's very clear Anakin and the Force step in to save Ahsoka here and to also give her the psychological healing she's needed.

For instance, I don't think Jacen would be sensing lightsaber combat if he was merely picking up on Ahsoka's dreams. He's picking up on the WBW and the spiritual combat that's taking place.

Also, Anakin has knowledge only he really could, as others have said. When Ahsoka says she won't fight Anakin, he says, I've heard that before because it's a reference to Luke on the second Death Star. Only Anakin or Luke would know that, or the Force itself, and it's much more likely to be something Anakin decides to reference. The Force would be unlikely to mention this because Ahsoka wouldn't understand the reference. It could be a meta-reference, but that frankly ruins the spiritual aspect of the experience, IMO.

Why doesn't Anakin look like a Force ghost if this is him? Because he doesn't need to manifest that way in a spiritual realm. They look like ghosts when they manifest in the physical world.

21. Glitterstimm

Glitterstimm Force Ghost star 6

Dec 30, 2017
    Yes, I think that some way, somehow, it was really Anakin. It seems clear that Ahsoka has not been contacted by “ghost” Anakin before in the way Obi-wan contacted Luke, otherwise she would not have been surprised to see him.

22. The Chalk Jedi

Nov 8, 2019
    And not only do I think this is Anakin, but even if the show doesn't directly tell us this, when he hints that he is "more" than just evil Darth Vader, I read this as not only referring to his goodness, but his status as the Chosen One, which is metaphysical.

In other words, I don't think we're wrong to imagine that Anakin is playing an important role in the Cosmic Force now. I think he is something like the Father now, helping to keep the Force balanced and to express or to assert its will.

I'm not sure if we'll see anything to explicitly confirm this, but I'm not sure we need to. Merely by showing Anakin and the Force pull Ahsoka into the WBW, it's confirmed that he seems to have "new tricks" now, that he is able to consciously intervene with Ahsoka to keep balance in the world as well as inside her.

23. Bor Mullet

Bor Mullet Force Ghost star 8

Apr 6, 2018
    Why don’t you think that?
    He also says he’s “heard that before” when Ahsoka says she won’t fight him. And he’s the only one who knows what Luke said to him. So that’s another tell that he actually communicated with Ahsoka through the force.

Last edited: Sep 15, 2023
  24. The Chalk Jedi

Nov 8, 2019
    Agreed. I actually discussed that detail in the post above the one you responded to.

Still, I think it's fine if anyone wants to read the scene psychologically, but Filoni wrote the scene so well we can also clearly read this as being a metaphysical event.

Bor Mullet likes this.
  25. The Regular Mustache

The Regular Mustache Force Ghost star 6

Dec 22, 2015
    Considering Anakin is dead what would've actually happened to him if Ahsoka "killed" him in the WBW battle?